Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lollie
11.24.2012 , 06:27 AM | #1171
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Because I have faith that one switched-on BW employee thinks "hey seeing as how we are merging a pve and pvp server, shouldn't we think about fixing the flagging mechanic?"
They will not.

All that needs to be done (if any intervention is required) is giving people transfers off to the server of their choice. This will produce the least disruption to the greatest number of people.

In the meantime people could just man up and reroll.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

laz_AU
11.24.2012 , 06:29 AM | #1172
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
They will not.

All that needs to be done (if any intervention is required) is giving people transfers off to the server of their choice.
I believe it would be a good idea to offer this to rp and maybe pvp players that don't with to transfer but i fear that if it is offered to all 3 servers, everyone will jump ship to US servers, thus dealing the killing blow the APAC servers

Re-rolling sounds like a good challenge in theory but when u actually go to do it... it really puts u off the game having to run everywhere till u get ur speeder, having no money etc.
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

lollie
11.24.2012 , 06:31 AM | #1173
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
I believe it would be a good idea to offer this to rp and maybe pvp players that don't with to transfer but i fear that if it is offered to all 3 servers, everyone will jump ship to US servers, thus dealing the killing blow the APAC servers
Offer it to the pvp server people - it's only their server that is bucking the trend of increased numbers.

Don't see most people ever wanting to play US servers after having played on a server with great latency - this is the best thing a game company could ever give us, and I for one appreciate the servers they gave us.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

laz_AU
11.24.2012 , 06:44 AM | #1174
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Offer it to the pvp server people - it's only their server that is bucking the trend of increased numbers.

Don't see most people ever wanting to play US servers after having played on a server with great latency - this is the best thing a game company could ever give us, and I for one appreciate the servers they gave us.
Perhaps you're right and the majority of pvp players will come to Dalborra.. I just can't let go of the dream of having one massive server, with low latency and APAC prime times.

Also i think it's important to consider that populations will steadily decline after the massive influx from ftp wears off. For this reason i think its important we consolidate and try and get populations as high as possible so we will be less affected by the attrition of players

Also: maybe it would help if RP players had their own channel with the option of leaving general chat? So those that don't want to deal with the non-rp players can do so?
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

scullzomben
11.24.2012 , 10:56 AM | #1175
This guy must be off his meds. If Bioware would hurry up and merge the servers already, APAC might be able to actually enjoy this game similar to how the people of Harbinger do.

Here is the run down -

There will be a NEW APAC SERVER - Honestly, I don't care what the call it, make it Master Gav Borra for what it is worth - This server will be a PvE server.

All people on Dalborra are immediately moved to this server.
All people on Master Dar Nala are given a choice to move to this server, or move to the Bastion.
All people on Gav Daragon are given a choice to move to this server, or move to (insert West Cost robe and wizzard hat, I mean, RP server here)

Boom, we have an amazing server. PvP queues actually pop in under 30 minutes. PvE dailies are a possibility of being completed as a DPS, no more 4+ hour queues.

Dawww, but I cant RP. Of course you can, /cjoin RP.

Daww, but I got killed by a bad guy. Report them for exploiting a bug. Log off for ten minutes. Go to your alts and set up some crew skill missions. Do something else while they pass along.

Questions? None. Didn't think so.

My last observation, since sped enjoys his percentages, a percentage of the population populating to a new populated server would see the population of the new populated server increases by a preposterous percentage.

HauksbokT
11.24.2012 , 12:31 PM | #1176
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
my last observation, since sped enjoys his percentages, a percentage of the population populating to a new populated server would see the population of the new populated server increases by a preposterous percentage.
mfw :/

Cheezfriend
11.24.2012 , 01:06 PM | #1177
Hopefully Bioware announces something after their thanks giving celebrations.

This thread just isn't about the PVP server. Please go to the very first post I made 120 pages ago! This thread is a consolidated list of all the problems with the APAC servers.

Remember the 12 slots debacle???? This affected all three servers and people from those servers voiced their concerns within this thread.

Low population on MDN is the hot topic at the moment in this thread because it is affecting people's game play.

Lets not forget that what we want and suggest in this thread may not be the solution Bioware give us in the end, until then let's move on from what has been discussed with a couple of individuals within this thread (yes I a, guilty) and focus on the reason I started this thread.

Continue to voice your concerns as an APAC player, with particular regards to lowly populated servers. If you think our population is fine, please take a minute to look at the European and USA SUPER SERVERS and then make comment.

Thanks

<3 Chippy

elitenz
11.24.2012 , 04:38 PM | #1178
Well for the first time in ages I got the Ping of Death on Dalborra has anyone else been getting the P.O.D since the influx of F2P ?.

http://www.swtor.co.nz/pod.jpg

Sildanar
11.24.2012 , 04:38 PM | #1179
Quote:
Is anyone else finding it difficult to find groups for Flashpoints?

I am up to Taral V and after 3 days of 12 hour play, still no group. Very frustrating as I wish to a) complete those flashpoints, b) gain orange gear from said flashpoints and c) gain social points.

Note I am currently on my first character, Republic
This quote is taken from the Master Dar'Nala server froums, postd in the last 12 hours.

Is this the experience we want for new players?

The positive effect on population on Master D is wasted if it ends up with situations like this.
I have spoken to 2 others directly in the last day or so with pretty much the same experience, either new or returning players, wondering where the people are in a game they are enjoying or want to enjoy.

From Jeff Hickman's State of the Game blog 6th Nov.

Quote:
Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.
With all due respect I believe the time for the solution is now. Whatever it is, please get it underway ASAP.

Kind regards
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Xaruel
11.24.2012 , 09:15 PM | #1180
Please Merge the oceanic servers or give us paid transfers already !
Xeruel - Marauder