Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Selvec
11.19.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1071
Having recently bought games like War of the Roses, where their servers have ping limiters which stops me from even being able to play at all, I have to say this isn't the worse situation possible.

Even if its not the worst however, I do feel a change is needed to resolve the shortage of players on specific oceanic servers. It may not benefit everyone, but its a problem, and it needs fixing.

Now I think we can all say that there is certainly one problem though that effects everyone here, and that's the promise Bioware made to fix this quickly, which never came about. Is it still getting fixed next week? or is it the next week after the next week now Bioware?

Evgen
11.19.2012 , 07:12 PM | #1072
Quote: Originally Posted by Bottcobco View Post
Speak for yourself mate. These servers have died. If you consolidate the 50 people still playing on Gav (total) with the other two it still won't even equal off peak player numbers on a US server.
You don't need the pop of a US server, I think a lot of players would come back to the game or from US servers if they did a merger and the pop increased significantly.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Froippi
11.19.2012 , 07:34 PM | #1073
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
You don't need the pop of a US server, I think a lot of players would come back to the game or from US servers if they did a merger and the pop increased significantly.
it depends how far they got when they reroll on the U.S. servers if they have already put enough time on the toons on the U.S. servers they might not come abck anyways

Bottcobco
11.19.2012 , 07:37 PM | #1074
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
No, you don't NEED the population of a US server but once you've experienced how fun the game is when there are that many people around you don't want to settle for anything less. If Bioware somehow comes up with a solution that can make an Oceanic server with that kind of population then I will consider moving my toon from the Harbinger back home to Oceania. I'm not holding my breath though.

Mowermanx
11.19.2012 , 08:30 PM | #1075
Quote: Originally Posted by Froippi View Post
it depends how far they got when they reroll on the U.S. servers if they have already put enough time on the toons on the U.S. servers they might not come abck anyways
I never will, I have 6 50's abandoned on Dalborra, and now have 2 50's and a 33 on Harbinger, its just so different, in a good way, playing on a server with thousands of players, this was well before F2P, now its insane.

No, you don't NEED the population of a US server but once you've experienced how fun the game is when there are that many people around you don't want to settle for anything less. If Bioware somehow comes up with a solution that can make an Oceanic server with that kind of population then I will consider moving my toon from the Harbinger back home to Oceania. I'm not holding my breath though.
It will never happen, the US has cities with bigger populations than the whole of aus, and whatever they do, it will ultimately be just a band-aid solution to a severed head.
As for merging, its mainly the pvp crowd, and understandably so, as ping is important in pvp, pve is no where near as important, as the warnings you get and timing needed is far more lax, I get a pretty solid 240 on Harbinger, and it has never caused me any grief in denova or any raid.
Go back and have a good look throughout this entire thread, I cant see one post from a Gav D patron, thats because they are probably happy with how it is, but some people want to uproot them, probably lose names, all for the sake of the 50 people left from nala? and what about the PVP expansions, if they introduce really compelling open world pvp, what are the people that come from nala going to do? I'll tell you, they'll scream from the rooftops that the sole apac server doesnt allow them to experience this, its lose lose from the company's point.
What ever they decide, you can be assured of one thing, some people are going to get screwed, there is simply no way around that.

Bottcobco
11.19.2012 , 08:43 PM | #1076
@Mowermanx...I agree with you 100% mate. I even PvP on Harbinger with that 200ms lag...I'll never be elite but it really isn't that bad. You learn to adapt. You may be right about Gav people being happy...the 15 of them that are left based on my last few logins.

eventidephoenix
11.19.2012 , 08:46 PM | #1077
@Mowermanx...I agree with you 100% mate. I even PvP on Harbinger with that 200ms lag...I'll never be elite but it really isn't that bad. You learn to adapt. You may be right about Gav people being happy...the 15 of them that are left based on my last few logins.
LOL'ed at this...

scullzomben
11.19.2012 , 08:59 PM | #1078
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post

It will never happen, the US has cities with bigger populations than the whole of aus.
LOL nope.jpg

On Topic: Merge pls

Mowermanx
11.19.2012 , 09:00 PM | #1079
I think you meant M D Nala?

Anyway, its quite odd how it all turned out.
When first opened, nala was the most populated, with heavy showing quite regularly, next was dal, and gav being the least, then after a few months it changed to dal being the most then nala, and again gav at the rear, then over the last few months, gav has been a steady "standard" population(even as I type this its showing standard 1.57pm on a weekday) and then dal which is "just" surviving with growing wait time for wz's and fp's, and lastly nala, which is on life support.

Mowermanx
11.19.2012 , 09:01 PM | #1080
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
LOL nope.jpg

On Topic: Merge pls
LOL, in your dreams...