Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChuangTzu
11.17.2012 , 02:02 AM | #1021
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
Well the US is always going to get more f2p people (more people = more free players) but there's around 100 people (just under/sometimes topping 100) in Dromund Kaas right now.
^ This.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Sildanar
11.17.2012 , 03:28 PM | #1022
Not looking at all good for Master Dar'Nala population wise.

Only 2 days into F2P yeah ok, but I was looking for a doubling of fleet to be satisified at the effect of F2P on this server.
Now thats not as stupid as it sounds.. hoping for a doubling from 31 on Rep fleet in prime time to 62 is actually kind of pathetic. There was 31 on last night Saturday night Prime time which sadly has been pretty regular, compare that to

Quote:
Harbinger had 4 instances of Tyhton about 2 hours ago.
Seriously?!

Saturday night after F2P launched, 31 on Rep fleet! There was a lvl 50 healer complaining they had been in the LFG for an hour... with no pop.

Im now looking for a server merge, ASAP.
Before mid December.
F2P can not fix the APAC server pop issue, its gotten to bad.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Caiphus
11.17.2012 , 09:23 PM | #1023
Time for us to regularly hit up the official twitter for a response. Nothing works like a public dispute with the company.

denpic
11.17.2012 , 09:43 PM | #1024
Dalborra was pushing 150+ in fleet last night and has been hitting 125+
For the last week with that said f2p won't help the Apac servers they need merging ASAP
Or at least offer transfers off of master Dar nala

Salivalm
11.18.2012 , 12:37 AM | #1025
Hey guys I am late in adding my voice to this, but after I resubbed, I cant believe they've let these servers players exist in what is basically exile.

You know what I enjoy about MMO's?... People! But being stuck on the server of SOLITUDE that is 'Master Dar'Nala' is precisely the opposite of what I consider a multiplayer environment. Its Barren, the Fleet is my own personal starship, and I'm the sole explorer of each world I land on... But with no one to share these things with, whats the point of playing?... Seriously Bioware, do what is right, fix this mess.

Bottcobco
11.18.2012 , 12:55 AM | #1026
Contacted customer service wondering why server transfers weren't being offered in the cartel market. I thought that would be an easy way for players to move where their friends were. I then asked to be transferred to a server that allowed me to play the game the way it was intended, being a subscriber since launch. Sadly, I was told transfers are not being offered at this time. I have plenty of patience and will continue to support this game until these servers inevitably fold and we are given transfers. I just wish those that want to get off the sinking ship early would be allowed to do so.

ChuangTzu
11.18.2012 , 01:03 AM | #1027
There were 100+ on the fleet on Dalborra at 2pm Brisbane time, which is definite improvement. Is it enough? We'll see.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

scaramunja
11.18.2012 , 02:04 AM | #1028
I'm no fanatic over population.

- Just so long as there is enough people so WZ's (50 group and 49 and below group) pop consistently and FP HM dailies pop within say 20 - 25 mins then I think that's fine. This is touch and go lately on Master D. Bad.

- Less than 50 people on fleet tends to bottom out the morale and social temperature of players on the faction. An active chat channel needs to exist so it can be ignored. (lol) Alot of people just like having something minimally engaging on the fleet wide social level even if they are in a big guild.

- Low pop tends to gut the dynamics of the GTN and I quite like playing the GTN.

- An ideal population would have 10+ guilds attempting to run end game raids per faction. At the moment we have maybe 5 on pub side. Barely.

- I havent played any rated wz's so I cant comment on peoples expectations of what constitutes a sufficient game experience in that respect.

In my opinion pub side population on Master Dar needs to double to triple at least so we can achieve all of the above.

An APAC server merge seemingly would acheieve this. It's doubtful f2p will achieve it for Master Dar'Nala
There are no lightside zabrak avatars

Majic, Shadow

Leweegibo
11.18.2012 , 02:25 AM | #1029
Just jumped onto Harbinger as had a few left over low level characters there.
WOW i forgot the game could be like that, 3 instances with 240 people, could barely see the GTN terminal, pages of each tiem on the GTN.

Went back to Master Dar'nala to 75 people, which is pretty high really...massively depressing

Help us with a server merge, it's our only hope
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Dire-Wolf
11.18.2012 , 02:40 AM | #1030
They better not close the servers down. It's nice to be able to play one MMO without lagging. It would be especially grating after they made us wait several extra months till they released the game here because of these servers (I got a copy through amazon so was playing day one, but still).

I'll take low population over lag any day.