Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game crashes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lecto
09.19.2012 , 07:56 PM | #1
Okay....I've been though the ringer with customer service on this a billion times & they can't seem to help...or won't...so any input is appreciated. Long story short is that my gaming rig only freezes while running SWTOR, & this has just started to happen within the last few months...now mind you I've been playing since beta without an issue. The only advise customer service gave me was to "turn down my resolution"...however I'm playing on a "47 inch" HD tv...so turning down the resolution makes the game look like utter garbage (unplayable). Does anyone have a work around for this issue?

PS: I can run any other PC game on max settings without an issue...including games that require much more power: TF2, Portal 2, LFD2, etc.

Spoiler
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join Clan "Thunder Paw" today!!
Follow me on Twitter: @Lecto10

Hawath
09.19.2012 , 09:10 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Lecto,

Please try to launch the game using Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, this may improve the situation.

In order to do this, please right click on the Star Wars: The Old Republic icon on your desktop or in Start Menu program files, and select Properties.

In the window that appears select the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility Mode check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and in the drop down box, choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

I hope this helps, let us know if the issue remains afterwards.

Hawath | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lecto
09.24.2012 , 12:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawath View Post
Hello Lecto,

Please try to launch the game using Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode, this may improve the situation.

In order to do this, please right click on the Star Wars: The Old Republic icon on your desktop or in Start Menu program files, and select Properties.

In the window that appears select the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility Mode check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and in the drop down box, choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)".

I hope this helps, let us know if the issue remains afterwards.
This worked for a short while, but I just suffered another crash....the game froze & I had to reboot my pc. What is odd...is that I didn't have a single crash last night while playing under the same settings.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge

Lecto
09.24.2012 , 12:21 PM | #4
Also, this didn't occur to me till now...but these issues only persist when I'm playing on my main toon (Lecto)....these crashes never happen on any of my alts -- what do?

Beesodd
09.24.2012 , 12:39 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
That is interesting. Perhaps there's a damaged asset file, and the issue only occurs when this is being accessed. Please run the repair function on the launcher, this can be found by clicking the cog icon after logging in.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support