Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Extreme displeasure at forced rename

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Extreme displeasure at forced rename

Branovices
09.19.2012 , 04:23 PM | #1
I was in the beta test, pre-ordered the game, one the early supporters... now I find that I have to rename some of my favorite characters. Well, I don't want to. I remade one of them 3 times in beta, brought the same identity into live and now that name is no longer available to me? No. I'm done playing.

I was going to stick with the game until this. But no, you're messing with my characters and screwing up their identities. I'm done with this game forever.

Sweetiepies
09.19.2012 , 04:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Branovices View Post
I was in the beta test, pre-ordered the game, one the early supporters... now I find that I have to rename some of my favorite characters. Well, I don't want to. I remade one of them 3 times in beta, brought the same identity into live and now that name is no longer available to me? No. I'm done playing.

I was going to stick with the game until this. But no, you're messing with my characters and screwing up their identities. I'm done with this game forever.
Good night, sweet Prince...

DarthWoad
09.19.2012 , 04:38 PM | #3
that seems a legitimate reason to leave. if my characters names and therefore identities were changed, i probably would have left the game too.

SweKaiser
09.19.2012 , 04:42 PM | #4
If a name on a imaginary character in a game makes or breaks if you like a game i feel pity for you, honestly.

Moncrief
09.19.2012 , 04:42 PM | #5
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.

FourTwent
09.19.2012 , 04:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Branovices View Post

awwwww such a sweet and touching story

DarthWoad
09.19.2012 , 04:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Moncrief View Post
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
Snowflakes are unique, not one of them is the same. And beautiful is a matter of opinion. From a distance, they all look the same, but if we study and look closer, youll see we are all unique.

The developers looked from a distance. Therefore they have no idea of the impact it will have on some people, each one of us is unique in game, and made them to be unique, and they are basically saying "you are now someone else"

WookieIsshe
09.19.2012 , 04:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
Good night, sweet Prince...

It is gonna happen more then you think.. I have to rename 3 of my characters that I have had since early access. While I will not leave yet it is pushing me closer. I have not logged in for more then 5 minutes at a time occasionally during the past two months. The game has become extremely boring and if they don't blow us away with something more then a new OP, FP or WZ then I am afraid the game is closer to closing down then continuing on.

Their first expansion needs to have new things to do, new storyline. They need space to be 3d and open with solo, group and pvp missions. I want to see side games such as Pazaak, speeder racing etc. Right now SWTOR is on serious borrowed time.

I hope they deliver because I am thinking that if this game fails Lucas Arts will not give out another license to make another MMO.

CosmicKat
09.19.2012 , 04:46 PM | #9
If the player is a roleplayer then forced removal of your name is a big deal.

I wonder how many of the power gamers would be complaining if suddenly all their levels and gear were suddenly removed?

Andryah
09.19.2012 , 04:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
that seems a legitimate reason to leave.
It's a pretty extreme reason, unless you are just looking for a forum worthy reason to leave. Just like the cat leaving cookies in your Cheerios could be another reason, for some. But I doubt it.

/2cents
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.