Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ToFN DPS Leaderboard

RikuvonDrake
01.23.2013 , 12:47 PM | #321
Hey Tman, as impressive as always and I am trying to copy your every move, or well at least I am trying to learn from you regarding gear, rotations and stuff, I love the watchman specc and since you are the best, I try to learn as much as possible. Anyway, I was wondering if you had time for a few questions regarding rotations and gear setups, I would also like to note that I am not spending much time at the dummy, I only PvE.

1. I noticed that your relics are the Elite War Hero ones, why not the Dread Guard that are "supposed" to be best in slot for sentinels, are the Elite War Hero that much better?

2. Should I "Save" Zen for Overload Saber or/and should I save Overload Saber for Zen, I mean if I have 24-26 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown, should I use it or save for zen? Same with Zen, lets say I have 30 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown in 2-3s, should I save my stacks for it?

3. How much should I use force charge, every time it comes off cooldown as an focus builder or should I rather use strike?

4. Why is your parser site always in German, I cry for myself when trying to see your rotation, I studied English, Spanish and Italian, never German
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Saferai
01.23.2013 , 01:42 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
Yeh, that's actually bugged or idk where it gets the number. Cause my Merciless slash minimum should be somewhere at around 2.4-2.8k or if you take Off-hand strikes as well even lower.

If all my merciless slashs would have hitted for minimum 4861 as mentioned there my dps would have been 3k or more.
This appears to be an error on torparses part, the actual log shows plenty of normative values for MS both MH and OH. Torparses stability has been abit strange these last 2 weeks.

tman_ac
01.23.2013 , 05:01 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Hey Tman, as impressive as always and I am trying to copy your every move, or well at least I am trying to learn from you regarding gear, rotations and stuff, I love the watchman specc and since you are the best, I try to learn as much as possible. Anyway, I was wondering if you had time for a few questions regarding rotations and gear setups, I would also like to note that I am not spending much time at the dummy, I only PvE.

1. I noticed that your relics are the Elite War Hero ones, why not the Dread Guard that are "supposed" to be best in slot for sentinels, are the Elite War Hero that much better?

I tried both. In the end 2 EWH relics worked best for a 5 minutes fight. (at least I always did more dps with 2 ewh; can be as well that I was totally unlucky with crits in those runs with the activation relic) However, in PvE I am sometimes using 2 EWH relics and sometimes 1 EWH relic and the +350 power relic. It depends on the boss we have to face. If I am able to constant dps I use 2 EWH relics, for example on Kephess in TFB. At Bosses where I need higher dps at special phases I use one activation relic instead, like on Kephess in EC.

2. Should I "Save" Zen for Overload Saber or/and should I save Overload Saber for Zen, I mean if I have 24-26 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown, should I use it or save for zen? Same with Zen, lets say I have 30 stacks and Saber comes off cooldown in 2-3s, should I save my stacks for it?

I am always doing it as you say the 2nd: If I see my overload saber's cd is soon done I wait these 1-2s before I activate Zen. Other way around, I never wait to use cauterize or overload saber cause it's your main dps abilities.

3. How much should I use force charge, every time it comes off cooldown as an focus builder or should I rather use strike?

Dunno what's force charge. You mean that single target attack with force?

4. Why is your parser site always in German, I cry for myself when trying to see your rotation, I studied English, Spanish and Italian, never German

My parses are in German cause I am German and my game runs in German language.
Above the answers. As I said before, I do not see myself as the godfather of sentinels. That's just how I play mines.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

ellrochell
01.23.2013 , 05:02 PM | #324
this is ******** obv just changed his text file.

tman_ac
01.23.2013 , 05:07 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by ellrochell View Post
this is ******** obv just changed his text file.
I did not change anything, except that I dragged out the text file from the swtor folder and renamed it.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck

ellrochell
01.23.2013 , 05:08 PM | #326
you hit 9.25 with master strike lol bull ****.

tman_ac
01.23.2013 , 05:13 PM | #327
What parse are you looking at? In my parse the biggest hit from masterstrike was:

14.21% 72 Meisterschlag 107370 325.18 1491.25 232 5257 28 38.89% 13.89%

And btw, I think it even has to hit more according to the tooltip of it: http://bildr.no/view/1375346
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck

ellrochell
01.23.2013 , 05:20 PM | #328
go into damage dealt and you are dealing 9.25k damage with something not even smash can hit that hard.

tman_ac
01.23.2013 , 05:25 PM | #329
You are just not getting it how that graph works: I did not hit with one single skill those 8.8k. Can you imagine that exactly at that point 2 dots popped and I landed a masterstrike/merciless slash?

Just look at the log what happened at second 19-20 of that fight:

16:11:19.509 Tman's Vorstoß hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 401 Energie damage, causing 401 threat.
16:11:19.885 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 382 Körperlich damage, causing 382 threat.
16:11:20.280 Tman's Gnadenloser Hieb critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 5183* Energie damage, causing 5183 threat!
16:11:20.486 Tman's Eiferschlag critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 851* Energie damage, causing 851 threat!
16:11:20.878 Tman's Unnachgiebiger Eifer heals Tman for 152.
16:11:20.878 Tman gains 1 .
16:11:20.879 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 2416* Elementar damage, causing 2416 threat!
16:11:20.879 Tman's Lichtschwertüberladung effect of Brennt (Physisch) fades from Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5.
16:11:20.879 Tman's Unnachgiebiger Eifer heals Tman for 152.
16:11:20.879 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 805* Körperlich damage, causing 805 threat!

If I add all those numbers I am even above 10k.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck

ellrochell
01.23.2013 , 05:30 PM | #330
16:11:20.879 Tman's Brennt (Physisch) critically hits Operationsausbildungsziel MK-5 for 2416* Elementar damage, causing 2416 threat! LOL no way does a dot hit this.