Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

reposted again.. warzone leavers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
reposted again.. warzone leavers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Apaolo
09.21.2012 , 02:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dego-harmonium View Post
When we can kick the two chuckleheads i get every 2nd match like this guy http://imgur.com/uZJfe who are wearing bad pve gear and no recruit rocking a cool 13khp, then we can have a deserter buff

old screenie but still one of my fav's
Ha got a ton of those myself. 2 Days ago was in a match with someone with 300 expertise, I asked why no Recruit, and the answer was...

"Expertise caps around 500".

I left the match, when I realized this person was with a 4 man pre-made.

Cybridwarform
09.21.2012 , 02:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
Incentives to stay in the WZ would be preferred.

We don't need any more reasons not to queue.
^ this.

I rather leave a WZ than put up with 2 guys AFK node farming.
1 guy constantly rushing mid.
4 guys defending a node from 1 guy whos half dead.
The 3 people who sit wondering what to do next after an enemy node has been cleared.
The guy who is PVPing naked. (literally) I left that one as soon as i saw the doors open and he didn't put his gear on and was just running around with a weapon.

Why would i want to waste my time assisting bads when its obvious its a fail? I rather have a good reason to stay and not a reason to not bother queing.
Agent: What if i brought you flowers?
Kaliyo
: I would go find a man instead.
-A true woman.

Groncho
09.21.2012 , 02:44 PM | #23
I still can't understand why I should be forced to stay with a group that is not a group and not objective focused. There's no reason to be punished for that.
Chë
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

ArchangelLBC
09.21.2012 , 02:59 PM | #24
My only concern is that for some reason I seem to have about one disconnect a night. My guild jokes that I have a requisite DC a night when raiding, and if not raiding it inevitably happens in one warzone a night too. This makes me mad enough without having to suffer through some sort of penalty for "leaving". Unless you guys can differentiate between a disconnect and an actual request to leave the warzone, but currently ranked penalizes you the same either way.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Ghostuka
09.21.2012 , 03:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I talked to Senior PvP Designer Rob Hinkle about the issue of players leaving normal Warzones. This is something that's important to us, and if we introduce any changes to the system, we want to make sure we do it right. To that end, we're considering several options, like applying the deserter debuff we have for Ranked (or another penalty for leaving) or the possibility of additional incentives to stay in the Warzone. We'll keep you updated on any changes and appreciate your feedback!
incentives to stay in WZs please.

Also, allow majority vote kick for any player (AFK or not), because trust me, most of the time the leavers are not leaving because they want to. They leave because of 1 or 2 people in the team. If the majority of the WZ team agrees with them, why not allow the team to kick them out?
Kánn - Tarděs - Gěn
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Drinking game: Take one shot if you take my post seriously
Take two if you don't.

DegreesOfFreedom
09.21.2012 , 03:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Sadly there is nothing that can be done. If they implemented any type of debuff, the leavers would simply just sit at a node and go AFK. By the same token, I don't disagree with leaving WZ's, as sometimes you get peeps who completely ignore objectives, and make it miserable for those trying to win. The coin indeed has 2 sides. Either way, I don't see any change to the mechanics that would curb the issue, it's just one of those things.
^Pretty much this. I decided to take a peek at what this thread is about and I have to say I'm quite surprised the devs are actually considering deserter debuffs or putting penalties on people who quit the warzones. In my opinion, I thought the current system works fine, I would rather have someone just quit the game and be replaced by someone who would actually play the game instead of someone who would just go afk or ignore the objectives. Honestly, my advice to the people who complain about this is to find a group, join a guild, and get some friends, when you do this quitting will be the least of your problems. I think this problem is most prevalent for people who solo queue alot but that is the price you pay to play with random strangers who may or may not see eye to eye with you, and as such there is a greater chance for you to be put with people who just farm medals, ignore objectives, people who just quit, and just people who are plain jerks in general. You can't force someone to play if they don't want to play with you. The person has every right to quit and refuse to play with such people.

Sheesh, this type of threads are so immature, grow up, you guys are not children and telling mommy bioware to punish people because they do not want to play with you is just ludicrous.

DarkSaberMaster
09.21.2012 , 03:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Been playing PvP since launch and only been dropped 3 times, never had these other issues. Giving incentives to stay will not stop them from dropping, a penalty might.
Lol. Keep thinking that. I'll just go AFK in a corner or throw out the random hit every once in a while to counter anybody saying I was AFK.
Daage: (Serenity Shadow) Daege: (AP Powertech)
The Harbinger Thanks for killing Engineer Snipers, Devs
Referral link for free stuff

Crawelc
09.21.2012 , 03:49 PM | #28
Vote to Kick ANYONE before deserter debuff Dev Mod CS if any of you are listening. Let us kick the guy in lvl 43 greens and I will be far more likely to stay in a wz. If you want to do both at the same time thats cool. If you dont give us an open vote to kick where the 4 votes from my premade is enough to remove ANY player from the game then dont penalize us for leaving a game with mouthbreathers.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Netpass
09.21.2012 , 06:46 PM | #29
IMO, the best option will be to make third type of warzones - "hardmode warzones" or something like that. Player must have some amount of credits and commendations to join such warzone, but if he quits - he loses it. (Some kind of a bid). If player exits through "leave warzone" button or logout he also receives "deserter" debuff for some time. If player loses connection during warzone then he only loses his stake. Of course, rewards after completion of such warzone must be significantly higher then normal.

Kalfear
09.21.2012 , 07:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I talked to Senior PvP Designer Rob Hinkle about the issue of players leaving normal Warzones. This is something that's important to us, and if we introduce any changes to the system, we want to make sure we do it right. To that end, we're considering several options, like applying the deserter debuff we have for Ranked (or another penalty for leaving) or the possibility of additional incentives to stay in the Warzone. We'll keep you updated on any changes and appreciate your feedback!
Thanks for your reply Allison but I think I should make my case clear!

If you punish me for leaving a warzone that isnt trying for objectives.
I close account down

If you reward others for not going after the objectives
I close account down

I just want to be clear on that and hope you pass that little tidbit along to your dev team because I can tell you up front I am NOT alone in this feeling and standard.

I honestly dont see how you could put anything fair into place that punishes those that quit simply because the team goes down a goal or turret (I agree those people suck donkey you know what).

How does the game tell the difference between that and someone whose asked team for a game plan 5 times and received no answer before leaving?
Cause Ill be honest, I dont think the later person in my above example is a problem what so ever.

How does game tell the difference between first example and someone whose alone on the ramparts of a huttaball match trying desperately to stop other team from scoring while his team mates sit off in a corner and farm kills with no interest in game and objectives?

PLEASE forward this along to your devs because if you start rewarding bad play simply because they stayed.

That will be the final straw that breaks the back for this subscriber.

Not a threat
Not a ultimatum
Simply the truth!

I think your devs should stop wasting time on this and focus on tiered warzones where Warhero faces warhero and pre mades face premades!

You know, IMPORTANT GAME BREAKING STUFF!
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it