name change diatribe

Willhousefour

Yesterday, when I logged into the new super-servers, I was shocked that I had to change the name of one of my six characters. The level 44 sniper previously known as "Mixa" (a random configuration of consonants and vowels assigned by the name generator) must now be known as "Mixxa". This is an absolute outrage. "Mixa" is a name one associates with skill, power, cunning, luxury and sexiness. One can only associate the name "Mixxa" with the dirt-caked garbage picking characteristics of the 47% living on government handouts. Nothing will change my experience within the game more dramatically than this name change. Already, I am being shunned from group requests and even npcs treat me differently.

Please, Bioware, I don't ask for much - restore me to the glory I deserve due to my $15 subscription fee or face further forum wrath.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! Because we already have a thread for discussion of this issue, we're going to close this thread and ask you to join in the conversation there: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533429.

Please note this post from Community Manager from Joveth Gonzalez about the topic:

When naming conflicts occur due to the consolidation, players are given priority based on a variety of factors such as character play time and if they have already had to rename their characters as part of the first character transfer program back in June. Please do keep in mind that this does not encompass all of the factors taken into consideration, but those are an example of the major ones.