Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS operatives gone from Warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
DPS operatives gone from Warzones?

Wainamoinen
09.26.2012 , 06:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
There's a least one DPS operative/scoundrel in half my warzones. Unfortunately. They take malicious pleasure in killing me, I'm sure.
Dear striingcat,

On behalf of the Brotherhod of Ops and Scoundrels, yes, yes we do. You personally. It's the best kind of pleasure.

What's that sound behind you?
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

tatatan
09.26.2012 , 01:34 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Banezza View Post
Operative is a monstrous and very unpleasant DPS, if its played right, so stop whining etc...

This is a video of my lethality op

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5g8LIzdKJk
pathetic video of killing some recruits just standing there, i just wander, if they were actually afk ...

Banezza
09.26.2012 , 07:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
pathetic video of killing some recruits just standing there, i just wander, if they were actually afk ...
Cry me a river...
Sanja'Tigrica
YesYes-good
Mostly HarmlessToFN EU

Blances
09.26.2012 , 08:31 PM | #14
Pretty much dead. I do see dps operatives in wz's but for a lot of teams, they would rather have a healer op. Healer ops just provide so much more now. DPS operatives are a slow and dying breed. Sure, there are active and good ones but there's been nothing major happening to buff op classes. I think it's about fine time ops are given a little boost. Afterall, dps ops have been pretty much gimped since 1.2. I love my operative but it does get frustrating when patch after patch, nothing significant comes of it for the operative. Just my humble 2 cents.

Banezza
09.27.2012 , 03:30 AM | #15
Once again, stop whining about dps operatives, and LEARN to play them
Sanja'Tigrica
YesYes-good
Mostly HarmlessToFN EU

Laethius
09.27.2012 , 03:53 AM | #16
I'm playing a Lethality Ops right now, and I have a lot of fun generally in the WZ's. I'm a new player, but not new to competetive PVP.

I seem to be reasonably effective in the WZ's, but the biggest issue I'm having is not having a gap closer or at least something more effective I can use at range without cover to take down runners.

EDIT: The use of poisons is one of the main reasons for this, as if I get knocked off a ledge or somesuch, I'm in combat for quite a while longer, and thus running slower. A sprint or a gap closer would be superb.

As an example, I'm fairly good at kiting so I have managed fairly well to take down a lot of the marauders and juggs and what not that I've run across with strafe circling and sever tendon and poisons, etc...but a lot of times people seem to be able to start getting away and I can't finish them off.

Bear in mind this is 1-49 PVP so I have no idea how it's going to be come rated WZ's and organized teams.

I played a sniper at first, then decided to try Operative and have loved it. Feels more visceral, certainly has a higher skill curve, and can be effective enough it seems as long as you make good use of your skills.

I can't survive any kind of focus for very long at all, but it was a lot like rogue/feral druid in WoW. Can be a powerhouse but fairly squishy.

Beansoup
09.27.2012 , 04:10 AM | #17
Odd... I see them all the time at the Warzones these days.
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

tatatan
09.28.2012 , 09:21 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Banezza View Post
Once again, stop whining about dps operatives, and LEARN to play them
Only guy whining here's you. You whine loud enough, in hopes someone notes your l33t skills. Take it easy dude, noone care.
This is not a thread about how good you are on your op, but about theirs scarcity in warzones, particularly DPS ops. There is enough op healers. Obviously.

tatatan
09.28.2012 , 09:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beansoup View Post
Odd... I see them all the time at the Warzones these days.
Maybe after 1.4 conceal guys want to try out the changes?

Dracadian
09.29.2012 , 03:06 PM | #20
Yea I hate to say it but Concealment is dead. I for one who is a DPS Op "Concealment" find it very hard in PVP to even stay alive long enough to get kills. By the time i open up with Hidden Strike I would already have 2-3 Juggs leaping to me. And Yes as Concealment we Def haven't had a damn update on our skills to even make it fun anymore to be Concealment. What Bioware is thinking is beyond me. Even with WH gear i drop like a bad habit. Something really needs to be done with this spec or else whats the point of being concealment. Sure having the new talent Ghost is kinda fun but it makes no Big Impact what so ever to compensate our DPS. I for one am still trying to keep my hopes up on a future update but am slowly loosing the will to even play it anymore.