Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS operatives gone from Warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
DPS operatives gone from Warzones?

tatatan
09.19.2012 , 03:49 AM | #1
Hi,
is it just me, or someone else noticed that?
I did *not* meet DPS operative in WZ past week (maybe even more). How did i notice? I started to play Juggernaut for story and as i was doing it i also did couple of warzones - specifically paying attention for people to guard.
I noticed there is no DPS operatives - simply none (i met couple of scoundrels though).

As i noticed this, i said, heck and logged my Lethality Op. I noticed people even forgotten to cleanse my dots ... i've been killing marauders left and right with Cull because of this.
This is really said, ppl dont even know how to play against Lethality Op, since there is none left.

My latest warzones were like "glowstick fest" Maras, Juggs, (with Sorc or Operative heals) against Rep counterparts.
I'm already tired of this uniformity where 90% wz is Sith warriors and Sith inquisitors with here and there some BHs, some heal Ops (enough snipers though) and no DPS Ops.

Anyone else noticed?

POPsi
09.19.2012 , 08:19 AM | #2
now that I think about, you may be right, mostly snipers that is, and a few healer operatives here and there.

Heeto
09.21.2012 , 10:15 AM | #3
My DPS concealment operative is always in WZ's and I noticed recently that there are always 2-3 other mixed dps spec ops in there. Not sure, maybe they are more popluar on my server, I do quite well with him though. I think the abilities are not as straightfoward as some other classes and dps specs so you see a lot of weird hybrid specs out there and they just dont work against most others in WZ's. Im in the process of building a straight pvp concealment spec, I feel when I get the rotation down and have the right gear he will be competitive.

Malkavier
09.23.2012 , 07:30 PM | #4
It's because Concealment Operatives are gimped. Shorter range than any other AC in the game, with all of their poisons (their main damage) being cleansed in one GCD. They are good (in the right hands) at taking out Sorcs/Sages and annoying Maras/Sents. Other than that, they might as well carry a neon sign over them saying Free Kill. A smart Madness Sorc will DoT them up and kite them with Creeping Terror. They pop stealth in combat? AoE them right back out and re-DoT them. Juggs/Guardians using the equivalent Smash specs will just faceroll the crap out of Concealment Ops, and of course Troopers are their biggest QQ, having the easiest time killing them of any class.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

POPsi
09.24.2012 , 02:03 AM | #5
now I've been looking for this, even though not in WZs, but in HM FPs... in the last 5 days or so I've only ran into 1! DPS operative.

tatatan
09.24.2012 , 02:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
now I've been looking for this, even though not in WZs, but in HM FPs... in the last 5 days or so I've only ran into 1! DPS operative.
I dont even try to run HM FPs with my Lethality Op. My ego hurt awhile ago being group kicked and replaced with Marauder. LOL Instead, i go with my Sniper and i'm fine.
As for Warzones, yes, i meet from time to time some Concealment DPS. But, I have to say, I cant recall in last month that i met Lethality DPS operative (except myself).
Lots Lethality Snipers, but none Ops. This is almost embarrassing, but no surprise. My Lethality Op is full Warhero geared, i can stand my ground, but against good group with Juggernauts etc, i'm thrown / pulled / CCed arnound like ragdoll, which is annoying especially in Huttball, where being thrown from catwalk means i'm out of play for at least 15-20 sec 'sliming' my way back to fight (thanks to my poison dots keeping me in fight) ...

Masarko
09.24.2012 , 03:06 AM | #7
Its because the other AC's is going heroic in Warzones and doing what an DPS Operative should, go solo attack a node and stuff.

Admit it theres not much we can do in in the middle of a cluster fck (Leth lasts longer than Conceal in big fights tho)
Iam Dog / Bishwhet
Passive Aggressive / Tilt Police

warultima
09.24.2012 , 03:25 AM | #8
Been PvPing on my operative extensively in PvP and LFG.
For the past 2 weeks about 120-140 WZs (I do 8 to 10 WZ a day), I have met 3 DPS Operative/Scoundrels. This is 1 Operative and 2 Scoundrels. fyi the DPS operative is me.

There are still PLENTY of DPS mercs and commandos however. DPS operatives are simply pretty dead.

I do 1 HM FP a day for the BH comms. For the past 2 weeks I have yet to see another dps operative other than myself tons of operative healers however.
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

stringcat
09.24.2012 , 03:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by warultima View Post
Been PvPing on my operative extensively in PvP and LFG.
For the past 2 weeks about 120-140 WZs (I do 8 to 10 WZ a day), I have met 3 DPS Operative/Scoundrels. This is 1 Operative and 2 Scoundrels. fyi the DPS operative is me.

There are still PLENTY of DPS mercs and commandos however. DPS operatives are simply pretty dead.

I do 1 HM FP a day for the BH comms. For the past 2 weeks I have yet to see another dps operative other than myself tons of operative healers however.
There's a least one DPS operative/scoundrel in half my warzones. Unfortunately. They take malicious pleasure in killing me, I'm sure.

Banezza
09.26.2012 , 05:58 AM | #10
Operative is a monstrous and very unpleasant DPS, if its played right, so stop whining etc...

This is a video of my lethality op

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5g8LIzdKJk
Sanja'Tigrica
YesYes-good
Mostly HarmlessToFN EU