Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5 months for 1 week of raiding?

Ifrica
09.21.2012 , 01:40 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MagnitudeZero View Post
Not saying this to brag, just that I enjoy this game and even though different players progress at different times for various reasons, even end game raiding in WoW isn't completed the first week it's released by the best guilds.
true, it's one week + 1 raid day, because you have to finish normal mode before you can do hard mode, try again.
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

swilksy
09.21.2012 , 03:43 AM | #22
WOW had it right, releasing new content that was near impossible on release or requiring gear from the raids to complete it. This way the hardcore raiders are happy, new raiders can still play normals, then after a month or two when people are clearing it they nerf it to make it more accessible , and by the time the next tier is coming out, everyones just about done it.

KVork
09.21.2012 , 03:52 AM | #23
Hey, content too easy?

Get the hell out then, leave us with this content you cant stand, we will be fine without all this whining.

And EC HM being easy? Get a life people. Tell me once again that tanking EC HM is easy thing and i will laugh my bottoms out, for you obviously play wayyyyy too much or got no idea what you are talking about.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

Karasuko
09.21.2012 , 05:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by swilksy View Post
WOW had it right, releasing new content that was near impossible on release or requiring gear from the raids to complete it. This way the hardcore raiders are happy, new raiders can still play normals, then after a month or two when people are clearing it they nerf it to make it more accessible , and by the time the next tier is coming out, everyones just about done it.
Actually wow did it wrong in cata, nerfing normals drove off a large chunk of the average raiders as their kills were demeaned, Why do you think people have unsubbed enmasse a month or two after the nerfs go live? Where have all the good raiders gone? they've stopped playing. I armouried 4 of my previous guilds. 2 have been inactive since december, the other two ahve disbanded and the players I was friends with havent logged in since January.

lets be honest here by accessible you mean" i can has welfares nao?" Accessible is just another way of saying I get to see all the (purple) content.

Bioware have it right, release the content,leave it alone till new content is released then nerf if for the masses.
The only Gripe I could have about the content is two fold.
1. Theres not enough of it. 19 bosses of 3 tiers? come on!!.
2.Normals are just too easy and require a pulse and regular breathing to clear.

MagnitudeZero
09.21.2012 , 06:47 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
true, it's one week + 1 raid day, because you have to finish normal mode before you can do hard mode, try again.
Er no, DS they messed up on, because it was tuned around Rf.

Alone in the Dark? A Tribute to Mad Skill? Sinestra? Even Archimonde took ages to get down.

And then there was raids with gates that they released as staggered content so it wasn't steamrolled through too quickly, like ICC and Sunwell. So not it was VERY rarely week + 1 day..

Ifrica
09.24.2012 , 12:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MagnitudeZero View Post
Er no, DS they messed up on, because it was tuned around Rf.

Alone in the Dark? A Tribute to Mad Skill? Sinestra? Even Archimonde took ages to get down.

And then there was raids with gates that they released as staggered content so it wasn't steamrolled through too quickly, like ICC and Sunwell. So not it was VERY rarely week + 1 day..
in wrath it was always in second week, same in cata, only in DS it took longer cuz of the problems with Spine, only those koreans did it fast due to an 'exploit' (well that's debatable)

and i was talking about normal bosskills, not hardcore achievements as alone in the dark
Mirobi Snowdrifter - Sage \\ // Pulian Snowdrifter - Sorcerer
System : AMD Phenom II 955 - 16GB DDR3 (1600) - Radeon HD7950 - Samsung SSD

SentinelDranoel
09.24.2012 , 10:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
How do I put this nicely.

I can't.

The average raider will probably take 2 months to get this clear. Ie the majority of subs,The average player will probably never clear it on HM till it A) gets nerfed B) is irrelevant content.
You churning through content a lot faster than bioware can create it is your problem. Yes it might not be super dooper ragnaros/Sinestra/HM LK hard, but it's not that sorta game.
Agree except that as a average player, I can care less about operations. We could use more flashpoints, story based content and world events. You do not really need a team of jedi fighting giant monsters, it is not appealing. You beat the op and get all the gear and now you are bored and locked out. People want story stuff with companions, legacy features, chat bubbles, special events, stuff they can do everyday.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

RanisTheSlayer
09.24.2012 , 11:52 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
Agree except that as a average player, I can care less about operations. We could use more flashpoints, story based content and world events. You do not really need a team of jedi fighting giant monsters, it is not appealing. You beat the op and get all the gear and now you are bored and locked out. People want story stuff with companions, legacy features, chat bubbles, special events, stuff they can do everyday.
You're the first person I've ever seen desire this. I'm pretty sure you're the minority here.

MagnitudeZero
09.24.2012 , 11:56 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
in wrath it was always in second week, same in cata, only in DS it took longer cuz of the problems with Spine, only those koreans did it fast due to an 'exploit' (well that's debatable)

and i was talking about normal bosskills, not hardcore achievements as alone in the dark
Well I'm not even talking normal bosskills, normal bosskills on the first week is fine, but Nightmare should never be that way.

And I think more to the point is that in WoW I was always a middle of the road raider, good enough to do the highest content just was never in a hardcore guild.

But we cleared KP NM the first week it was released in a guild of strangers who only met 4 weeks prior on SW. That just shouldn't happen.

And it's like pre-patch 1.1 I thought the raiding was a lot better tuned, although ridiculously buggy. Soa HM was and still is the hardest fight I've ever done in this game. Between Lightning Balls not having people's names attached to them, so you had to figure out at least who one of the balls belonged to (The other could just be taunted and taken by the tank), and managing DPS - couldn't take Soa to 3rd phase too quickly else someone would be put into a mind trap as you did and either couldn't be released or would just die from falling through the centre if released after platforms had come. Those two aspects alone gave it a greater degree of difficulty, but then coupled with the bugs of platforms not spawning, lightning balls being invisible etc made it damn near impossible - spent over 30 hours solid wiping on Soa HM, I have no idea how Irae AoD got it down on NM pre patch. Yeah the other 5 bosses that were available at the time were pretty faceroll (except bonethrasher NM), but it was still the most enjoyable and difficult kill I have encountered in this game.

The day after we did Soa HM, patch 1.1 came and we one shot NM Soa, and most of KP NM using only one tank, it was only Jarg and Sorna and Fabricator that gave us any trouble with only having one tank, but after a few hours of wiping they were easily overcome. How is it ok to go from 30 hours of wiping on HM, to then one shot NM, although granted we did have awesome experience with the tactics by that point.

Lostpenguins
09.24.2012 , 12:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Ever consider not reading strat guides and figuring it out for yourselves?
I don't like this argument. That's like people talking about GoW 3 and saying how they did it with all no level up on weapons. That's making the game harder than it's optimal fashion. BW and every other MMO company knows what tools are out there to make content easier and they're supposed to make encounters and challenges with those in mind.

If not, then why not try to do the encounters in non-augmented Rakata gear? Why not disallow and VOIP system? How about getting rid of your fancy keyboard and mouse and buying your basic run-of-the-mill ones so that you can handicap yourself to make the content more challenging. You shouldn't have to handicap yourself to make content challenging.