Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

5 months for 1 week of raiding?

Jakobpoop
09.19.2012 , 06:37 AM | #11
They've been working on ec nim aswell, which is supposed to come shortly after TFB.

MagnitudeZero
09.19.2012 , 08:15 AM | #12
No I agree, raiding SHOULD be accessible to everyone, but Nightmare modes are called Nightmare for a reason. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I've done everything in the game - I haven't.

But 6 weeks after this game launched I had 10/10 NM, Big Time title, Valour 50, Full Rakata, lots of mounts, all my vital dailies completed and the important datacrons collected.

Where was I to go from there? Now that I'm back playing the game, I don't want to find myself being bored with nothing to do in another weeks time, yeah wiping isn't THAT fun, but I'd rather still be wiping on content a month after patch release than find myself with it all done and nothing to do.

LarryRow
09.19.2012 , 08:24 AM | #13
Ever consider not reading strat guides and figuring it out for yourselves?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Codek
09.19.2012 , 08:31 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MagnitudeZero View Post
No I agree, raiding SHOULD be accessible to everyone, but Nightmare modes are called Nightmare for a reason. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I've done everything in the game - I haven't.

But 6 weeks after this game launched I had 10/10 NM, Big Time title, Valour 50, Full Rakata, lots of mounts, all my vital dailies completed and the important datacrons collected.

Where was I to go from there? Now that I'm back playing the game, I don't want to find myself being bored with nothing to do in another weeks time, yeah wiping isn't THAT fun, but I'd rather still be wiping on content a month after patch release than find myself with it all done and nothing to do.
The OP's design team for BW has already admitted that the original designs for NiM seen in the past was not up to standards. They plan to re-design both EV and KP NiM once EC NiM is complete and sets the bar for what they want as a true difficult instance. HM TFB is hard to use as a bar for level of difficulty since we still don't know what NiM is suppose to entail.

You have the choice on what you like to do between now and the release of a new nightmare mode (I'm praying for it to come mid-November). Once that comes out, feel free to make the decision on if the difficulty of this game meets your requirements.
~Codek

MagnitudeZero
09.19.2012 , 10:45 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Ever consider not reading strat guides and figuring it out for yourselves?
When I played the first time, we were server firsts for everything and even though I don't know exact rankings - pretty high up in the world rankings too I assume, so we had no guides.

Not saying this to brag, just that I enjoy this game and even though different players progress at different times for various reasons, even end game raiding in WoW isn't completed the first week it's released by the best guilds.

@ Codek - completely agree, I did take a bit of a long break from the game, doing other stuff for the past 8 months, but now there's so much changed, I want to give this game another shot.

Craxim
09.19.2012 , 01:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post
16M. And the post wasn't meant to brag, but instead as a concern for the state of end-game raiding in this game.
What guild are you in? You've cleared 16 man HM Kephess the Undying?
Aoroc Jugg Tank -||- Maul Tankasin

Kihra
09.19.2012 , 01:33 PM | #17
For what it's worth, they did buff The Dread Guard on 8-man.

I really don't think they intend for 16-man to be that much harder than 8-man. It just always works out that way when they first throw the fights up onto the PTS. They usually manage to bring them closer together by the time they go live at least.

For example, in HM EC, the difficulty levels felt pretty close (with the notable exception of Firebrand and Stormcaller, which was harder on 16-man).
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Kihra - Kinetic Shadow

MagnitudeZero
09.19.2012 , 06:37 PM | #18
Tbh I never raided 16 man, 8 man on the T1 only, NM ofc, and we used only one tank for all content. It was never hard. I healed 8 man EC story mode for the first time tonight, yeah most of my group over geared the content, but even being unfamiliar wiht the content and only given very basic explainations of the fights, I had no issues with healer (my healing done was on par with the other healer, around 1,2k hps overall, but there really isn't that much to heal there. People said story mode was equivalent to T1 NM mode raids, as the same gear drops from both, but I always felt the older content was harder, during progression when you were undergeared and buggy at least.

So soon my new guild will be testing me in Hard Mode, I expect the difficulty to be increased, but if the increase is similar to previous tiers, even hard modes I don't think I will be stretching myself too far - I am full Rakata without great augments etc, Columi main hand.

If most players are finding themselves in similar situation as me with regards to gear, experience and difficulty - then I guess I'm not such a special little snowflake after all. But obviously I am hoping that this new soon(tm) to be released operation will be an even bigger jump in difficulty if my interest in raiding is to be maintained.

Cheers.

Ephesia
09.20.2012 , 01:54 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MagnitudeZero View Post
Tbh I never raided 16 man, 8 man on the T1 only, NM ofc, and we used only one tank for all content. It was never hard. I healed 8 man EC story mode for the first time tonight, yeah most of my group over geared the content, but even being unfamiliar wiht the content and only given very basic explainations of the fights, I had no issues with healer (my healing done was on par with the other healer, around 1,2k hps overall, but there really isn't that much to heal there. People said story mode was equivalent to T1 NM mode raids, as the same gear drops from both, but I always felt the older content was harder, during progression when you were undergeared and buggy at least.

So soon my new guild will be testing me in Hard Mode, I expect the difficulty to be increased, but if the increase is similar to previous tiers, even hard modes I don't think I will be stretching myself too far - I am full Rakata without great augments etc, Columi main hand.

If most players are finding themselves in similar situation as me with regards to gear, experience and difficulty - then I guess I'm not such a special little snowflake after all. But obviously I am hoping that this new soon(tm) to be released operation will be an even bigger jump in difficulty if my interest in raiding is to be maintained.

Cheers.
You are an exception. You have mentioned yourself that you were among the first guilds to complete content upon launch. Obviously you and your guild may be a group of exceptional players who devote more time and effort to this game in comparison to others added with better handling of gameplay. But I could tell you very clearly that there are still a lot of players who still have not downed HM Kephess yet, for a lot of people the current content still challenges them and keeps them busy. I don't expect the new operation to be a walk in the park either. I expect it will keep me busy for at least 2 months ahead.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

uniz
09.20.2012 , 05:07 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post
Unless TFB is tuned before live, its taken about 6 hours of progression for 4/5 HM TFB.

Is BioWare going to be churning out content when it's F2P or are we stuck with super easy content?
if you want truly challenging end game content in pve then play a pve centric game where resources are not wasted on pvp and class balancing issues resulting from such. in today's mmos the two being equal will only produce watered down content for both as challenging innovative content can not be released fast enough to satisfy both. the same goes for pvpers too.

this game doesnt nor ever will have really challenging in depth pve content that YOU desire as it is Star Wars and is targeted for a very broad player base range. it will have a little of everything geared for everyone's enjoyment and in doing so will not master any of it. the game is what it is. people need to accept it or move on.