Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just to Make Sure I Understand the Impacts to Me Again for Server Transfer...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Just to Make Sure I Understand the Impacts to Me Again for Server Transfer...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BlueDestiny
09.18.2012 , 07:47 PM | #1
I come home to find my Empire characters moved again, and having to change my names again...

But find that I still have my Empire characters on a diff server than my Republic characters... (really??)

We chose diff servers for factions back when factions had no ability to have interactions with each other (trade, no legacy at the time, mail...) and since Legacy was introduced I'm stuck with mulitiple classes on one server, and multiple classes on another server.

Am I wrong to presume that I STILL cannot get my characters on the same server, to take advantage of Legacy benefits, the cross-faction HK story forthcoming, and other interactions that are now permissible? Or is there some solution that I should be pursuing to consolidate my characters and enjoy the changes?

BlueDestiny
09.19.2012 , 09:52 AM | #2
Would really like to get some service and enjoy the evolved game features (like Legacy and HK story) and functionality (inter-faction communication and trade interactions now permitted). Can I get some service on this issue and determine how I can get my avatars on the same server?

Cerimon
09.19.2012 , 10:19 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings BlueDestiny,

Currently there is not the possibility to move your characters to a server of your choosing. This may become possible in the future and if/when this does become possible it will be announced on our websites. We cannot, at this time be more specific or definite in regard to this topic but do urge you to monitor for any newly available information as it becomes available.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

BlueDestiny
09.19.2012 , 09:06 PM | #4
Thank you for the reply, that's what I thought the answer was.

I hope you guys realize that with 4 leveled Empire characters on one server, and 3 leveled Rep characters on another server, across 2 accounts, that the fact that you've now made it desirable (through design changes) to be on the same server, and in fact necessary (HK), that this is highly dissatisfying, as well as substandard relative to MMO services usually offered (even where game design changes were not applicable.)

Very disappointing, please get your services act together. Thank you for the reply, nonetheless.

Dreemevil
09.19.2012 , 10:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings BlueDestiny,

Currently there is not the possibility to move your characters to a server of your choosing. This may become possible in the future and if/when this does become possible it will be announced on our websites. We cannot, at this time be more specific or definite in regard to this topic but do urge you to monitor for any newly available information as it becomes available.

Wow, that's not acceptable. This is turning into a fiasco.

chaseer
09.19.2012 , 11:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings BlueDestiny,

What do you mean there is not the possibility to move you allready forced us. You just have to move one account around instead of the thousands you just did.

Cerimon
09.20.2012 , 01:06 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings chaseer,

Please let me rephrase: we do not currently offer an arbitrary transfer service but may do so in the future.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support