Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Skodan
09.20.2012 , 12:16 PM | #21
I think they should have just given everyone the "guild name @ server", it would have made it equally fair, plus it gives you a sense of community and shows where you were from, it helps with reuniting with others from your previous server
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

haliy
09.20.2012 , 12:40 PM | #22
I could have possibly seen it go this way but would have looked pretty bad. I would almost feel like i was needing to send out messages to their email address @ server.com.org.net.... Regardless of that, I would be happy with something coming from CS stating when it would be fixed in a future patch.

Think i gave a suddle enough hint to cs?
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

haliy
09.20.2012 , 06:22 PM | #23
Not sure if it was just one of those "needs 24 hours to work into the system" but i logged in today and the @ Canderous Ordo is no longer there so i guess the issue has worked itself out by iteself without any word from CS
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website

TannSan
09.20.2012 , 06:50 PM | #24
Judging from the number of "@ Tomb of Freedon Nadd" guild names I saw tonight (on Tomb of Freedon Nadd) I'm guessing it hasn't magically fixed itself. Our GM logged in and changed the i into a í so it's almost not noticeable now and it means we could remove the "@ Tomb of Freedon Nadd" part. Just for the sake of being prissy, it would still be nice to have the normal i character in our name as who knows what may happen in the future. Like if they change the font it may be really noticeable or if it's painted on the side of our guild ship. We've all been keeping an eye out for people with our guild name who are not actually in our guild and so far no one has seen anyone.

I think the problem is that we all assumed either they would let guilds already on the destination server take precedence or that there would be some sort of weighting system in place that took factors like the number of active guild members into account. Personally, I can see why they just renamed all the guilds with matching names as in a lot of cases it wouldn't really be fair to pick one active guild over another. At the same time though it would be nice if they offered some after-service support so that the guild masters could request they check if the guilds with matching names are still active, maybe send a mail to each of the guild masters involved. Of course that wouldn't help if there were active guild members but no active GM but if that's the case then that guild has other problems really

I'm sure we are no the only guild to of invested time and money outside of the game for things based on our guild, like we have a domain name, website and chat server that are branded for us using the name we chose. It just seems a bit blunt to say "oki, more than one of you has the same name so now none of you can have that name".

BHunterBuffy
09.20.2012 , 07:41 PM | #25
And where is the response for EA/Bioware?
Like we really expect one?

Also agree please take of fix the @old server name. You stuck us on new servers so fix this..or we (entire guild) may just go no-sub in November.
Merc - Launch Day Participant

Afet
09.20.2012 , 08:06 PM | #26
I have had my guild name Old Republic Pre launch and I have the @ symbol still. Has Bioware said anything about the supposed bug or is it just a theory at this point. I love having radio silence over stuff like this. Would be nice to get a "Hey we understand your frustration about the @ symbols on your guild names we are working tirelessly to fix this problem and will keep you aprised of the situation" rather then nothing lol. If I am wrong please point me to the statement from Bioware on this thanks.

Skodan
09.20.2012 , 09:35 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Afet View Post
I have had my guild name Old Republic Pre launch and I have the @ symbol still. Has Bioware said anything about the supposed bug or is it just a theory at this point. I love having radio silence over stuff like this. Would be nice to get a "Hey we understand your frustration about the @ symbols on your guild names we are working tirelessly to fix this problem and will keep you aprised of the situation" rather then nothing lol. If I am wrong please point me to the statement from Bioware on this thanks.
its not a bug, it means someone else's guild from another server also had that name and they were lucky to claim that guild name on the new server
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

haliy
09.21.2012 , 04:41 AM | #28
3 days since this thread was created, over 1000 views and still pretty much at the top of the Customer Service thread and still... no reply for anybody from CS. What ever happened with the "attempts and being more active in the forums" as the devs stated they were going to do in the past?

As Allison said in a previous post:
"Though we are working to interact more on the forums, there are some questions that we don't have any news for at the moment. However, the Community team is also working hard to make sure your questions and concerns are escalated to the right places, and that the biggest questions in the community are known internally. As soon as we have news, we'll definitely share it"

So where are the attempts even if its just a "I'm sorry that we do not have any answers at this time but we are looking into the issue with the previous server attached with the guild name"? One would think that the threads within the customer support section would be viewed more from the dev team in order to make the game run more smoothly hence, they would reply more with answers regarding current problems within the customer support forums compared to the other forums.

I swear if the dev's want to keep the players which read these forums reasonably happy, they really need to try just a bit harder than what they have been.

Quote: Originally Posted by TannSan View Post
Judging from the number of "@ Tomb of Freedon Nadd" guild names I saw tonight (on Tomb of Freedon Nadd) I'm guessing it hasn't magically fixed itself. Our GM logged in and changed the i into a í so it's almost not noticeable now and it means we could remove the "@ Tomb of Freedon Nadd" part. Just for the sake of being prissy, it would still be nice to have the normal i character in our name as who knows what may happen in the future. Like if they change the font it may be really noticeable or if it's painted on the side of our guild ship. We've all been keeping an eye out for people with our guild name who are not actually in our guild and so far no one has seen anyone.
Our guild had the same problem and i ended up doing the same exact thing your gm did with just changing the i to an í. We have had our guild name since launch and was pretty bummed that we ended up having to change it ourselves since we also have invested the time and money into a paid domain and voice server for the members outside of the game. I'm also keeping an eye out with who has our guild name which are not currently in our guild but as you have stated, even doing a guild search on every planet, I have not seen anybody with that guild name.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website

KailuaSith
09.21.2012 , 05:08 AM | #29
Bump for justice.
The Tyrannicus Legacy
Kraygg: 50 Sorcerer / Fee'Nix: 50 Sniper / Pryss: 50 Sentinel / Eviscerus: 50 Marauder / Kruciatus: 50 Juggernaut

Raila
09.21.2012 , 08:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by haliy View Post
3 days since this thread was created, over 1000 views and still pretty much at the top of the Customer Service thread and still... no reply for anybody from CS. What ever happened with the "attempts and being more active in the forums" as the devs stated they were going to do in the past?
I had a thread I started on this topic as well. It also had a lack of CS response in it.

I'm thinking they have an answer and know that no one is going to like it, so they are ignoring the question. Otherwise someone would have gotten the standard make a ticket response by now.

Kind of bothersome because I have been a staunch defender of the CS for this game.
Quitting the game? (or anything for that matter) Check this link before making a post about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGiK-X9-0A