Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

junkmanjeff
09.19.2012 , 12:37 PM | #11
I just went ahead and disbanded the original guild (which we had renamed first), and still I can not get the @servername off my guild on the destination server.

mikebevo
09.19.2012 , 01:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorba View Post
This doesn't work for everybody. In some cases there are two distinct active guilds. One guild gets the name, the other or others, gets the ....@... designation.
Well sorry, just letting people in the same boat us, know how we fixed our @ problem. Not one to usually care about names beyond the first names of toons, but that @ bothered me. Felt like a walking email address.

UlaVii
09.19.2012 , 01:47 PM | #13
We've had our guild name for months, since the initial transfers happened. Why do we have to be renamed now?! It's well not fair. Very very annoyed

Edit: We have about 100 members and not all of them are currently subscribed so disbanding and reforming is not really an option.

AlixMV
09.19.2012 , 03:49 PM | #14
I'm in the boat of having two Guilds (one Republic, one Imperial) which got the @ treatment, except we didn't have the Guild names on our original (Kass City) server.

How do I find out if our Guild names are actively being used -OR- belonging to an abandoned Guild on one of the Origin servers that was merged in? And what are my options if it's the latter and I don't know anyone in that Guild?
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Royox
09.19.2012 , 04:52 PM | #15
My face when only DESTINATION servers are losing their guild names.

BRAVO!

haliy
09.19.2012 , 07:20 PM | #16
I would love some clarification on this. I transferred my guild from our original server (Whitebeam Run) to the designated destination server (Canderous Ordo) and had no problems. Yesterday with the "Server Consolidation", our guild was transfered to Jedi Covenant. We were given the option for Guild Renaming due to a guild probably already having it. So here we are with Mosaic@Canderous Ordo within the guild window and under the character names.

I went ahead and changed the name of the guild from Mosaic to Mosaíc in an attempt to keep the guild name as close as the original as we could. Now under the character names, it is a single Mosaíc which looked as if it was a good sign but in the guild window, it is still showing up as Mosaíc @ Canderous Ordo???

Our Imp guild Dark Mosaic was safe and did not need any name changing and therefor it does not have the @ Canderous Ordo under the character names nor within the guild window.

I have submitted a ticket about our problem as I can only imagine a lot of other guilds have done the same but have received no reply as of yet. Until then, Can we please get some clarification about when this will be fixed?
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

haliy
09.20.2012 , 09:48 AM | #17
Bumping this to keep this thread to keep it at the top until someone from CS responds with a answer. It's the least they can do since a lot of us did not ask to be moved a 2nd time and because of that 2nd time being forced, a lot of us with guilds were blindsided by naming misshaps.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

lelagalle
09.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #18
really upset about this. We had our name with the @ Ebon Hawke so I went to change guild name to get rid of the @ Ebon Hawke. Of course guild name was taken because WE ALREADY HAD IT! we are now stuck with new name but STILL have the @ Ebon Hawke.....

I want a new rename token. We have a very large guild as well. It is not possible for us to make a new guild and tranfer people over. It would be a bigger nightmare than we already have.

Svarteryttaren
09.20.2012 , 10:27 AM | #19
I suspect guild @ destinationserver (and maybe even guild @ originserver) is a bugg for meny that have it.

If you look at the guild message of the day it read just guild.

Also if you make a search for guild there is only players online from guild @ destinationserver. This is the case for my guild. It would be very strange for bioware to give "dead guilds" name priority over "active guilds".

The convention in all other MMO's for transfers and forced-renaming is that frozen accounts (and of frozen guilds) have a second priority and not the other way around. I cant belive that Bioware would show such negligence, to not take this into their "careful consideration".

So back to "pet theory" which can't be proven ofc:
Meny guilds that now have a name tag in guildwindow and over guild members with an @ distinationserver (or originserver maybe) is still the unique guild and is named so by the server (in say guild message of the day) and is blocking themselves from renaming themselves back to just guild.
BW: Plz add PvP that is storybaced so that it effects
the somehow or some objective based PvP > 8 vs 8

donncann
09.20.2012 , 12:01 PM | #20
I absolutely agree. We had our guild name @ pre-launch. Retained it upon transfer to Ebon Hawk and now we are to loose it - WHY? :

This is totally unfair and a poorly thought out policy.

FIX IT !

Donnchadh - Infinity

<NOT Infinity @ Ebon HAwk>