Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BearThing
10.02.2012 , 06:36 PM | #111
It's not even worth going into details... lost our name... no one else appears to be using it... multiple old versions of our guilds are probably the blockers... tickets submitted with useless canned responses... lawyerly non-comittal non-answers from communtiy managers...

Are there any human beings in Customer Service who can actually DO anything?

Is there anyone left at this company who cares?
All our choices, from the greatest to the smallest, affect each other.
And the echoes travel.

- Kreia -
-----------------------------------------------------------------Lost Lords

Svarteryttaren
10.08.2012 , 08:08 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by BearThing View Post
It's not even worth going into details... lost our name... no one else appears to be using it... multiple old versions of our guilds are probably the blockers... tickets submitted with useless canned responses... lawyerly non-comittal non-answers from communtiy managers...

Are there any human beings in Customer Service who can actually DO anything?

Is there anyone left at this company who cares?
I have received our fifth respons from ingame support and they claim there is multiple guilds using our name. But no players but us on both sides (republic and empire). Just doing a search one can find the obvious. It's obvious its our pre-launch imported guild where we reserved our name before launch on a server we didnt play on. So paradoxly we are blocking ourself, but since there is no one in this dead guild active its an indefinite problem.

Sad that no one at ingame support cares, they just keep delivering the lawyer answer that they can't give out informations on other players or guilds and that they appreciate our patience in this matter.

One have to be a player I guess to understand the aggrevating in this response, and the after copy paste information about how we should refer freinds to start playing swtor.

No one with authority seems to care and give this time, a soft value that is of the critical essence for players. Should we move on to the next MMO?
BW: Plz add PvP that is storybaced so that it effects
the somehow or some objective based PvP > 8 vs 8

jarheadthegreat
10.08.2012 , 08:58 AM | #113
We just put in a Cyrillic e and that fixed it for us

toulon
11.09.2012 , 03:57 AM | #114
isn't there a way to hide the "@ server name" it's so annoying, its like reminding you of what server your playing on or used to play on

Skodan
11.09.2012 , 02:20 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by toulon View Post
isn't there a way to hide the "@ server name" it's so annoying, its like reminding you of what server your playing on or used to play on
the point of it is to distinguish between different guilds with the same name, hence the "@ origin server".

otherwise you could think people are in the same guild when they arent. but no, i dont think there is a way unless you change your guild name completely
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Amodin
11.09.2012 , 02:26 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
the point of it is to distinguish between different guilds with the same name, hence the "@ origin server".

otherwise you could think people are in the same guild when they arent. but no, i dont think there is a way unless you change your guild name completely
That's the whole point/problem.

Those of us that got early access - the point was to get our names reserved and guild names done. Then came mandatory server transfers, which screwed us that were forced into another server, with people that had same names. So, those of that got screwed out of our names, had to pick something else.

Then we get moved AGAIN, causing yet another name change.

Poor, poor, poor. They are NOT about the customer, they are NOT about fixing the borked game issues, they are NOT about helping anyone out, other than to tell them to run a repair on the client, they are NOT about retention of players.

I truly believe now after the e-mail response I got last night about a server wide issue that told me to run a repair, that those responses are generated by no more than monkey with spoons that haven't even learned to begin sign language.