Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"Guild @ Destination Server" Should not be happening!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khilia
09.18.2012 , 06:03 PM | #1
Just fix this. I assume it's a mistake, but fix it. We were the ones that transferred months ago and got priorities over our guild names and we should be able to keep them.

There is no reason why we have to fight with those whom refused to transfer or lose our guild names to inactive guilds because of the consolidation. Just fix it and return the names to the guilds that existed on the destination servers BEFORE the merging.

Beron
09.18.2012 , 11:37 PM | #2
I agree 100%. This is absolutly not acceptable.

Khilia
09.19.2012 , 12:43 AM | #3
Bump!

Nightmage
09.19.2012 , 12:48 AM | #4
Absolutely agree, we also lost our previous "unique" name that we've had since the start. We also tried renaming the guild back to "Vengeance" as soon as the servers came back up, but guess what "Name is unavailable".

Now we're Vengeance @ The Red Eclipse, which is unacceptable and needs to be fixed.

junkmanjeff
09.19.2012 , 11:14 AM | #5
I agree. We still had inactive characters in our original guild on our original server. Now both guilds exist on our server, and neither got the name. Both have @ServerName after them. I got in contact of the inactive gm of the old server's guild, and paid for a month for him so he could change the name of the guild, hoping that would free the name for our active guild, and nope. Still tells me name unavailable. I am constantly doing /who all day on both imperial side and republic side, and I see no other guilds with this name. I put in a ticket, and got a very insulting blanket response, that made it very clear they were more interested in closing the ticket than actually reading it, and providing me any kind of customer service. It seems to me, that instead of using some mysterious factors for determining which guild got to keep the name, they just said frak it and made all of us that had conflicting names (and like in my cause, usually with ourselves) rename. Could we get some kind of Human Bioware response?

Esron
09.19.2012 , 11:25 AM | #6
just a friendly bump to help out here. This is 100% not fair, right or by any means user friendly in any way.

Gorba
09.19.2012 , 11:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Esron View Post
just a friendly bump to help out here. This is 100% not fair, right or by any means user friendly in any way.
BW/EA doesn't care about fair. They already have your money and only care about getting into position to get money from people who aren't already paying. They could care less if a few of us leave.

savafoxx
09.19.2012 , 12:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by junkmanjeff View Post
I agree. We still had inactive characters in our original guild on our original server. Now both guilds exist on our server, and neither got the name. Both have @ServerName after them. I got in contact of the inactive gm of the old server's guild, and paid for a month for him so he could change the name of the guild, hoping that would free the name for our active guild, and nope. Still tells me name unavailable. I am constantly doing /who all day on both imperial side and republic side, and I see no other guilds with this name. I put in a ticket, and got a very insulting blanket response, that made it very clear they were more interested in closing the ticket than actually reading it, and providing me any kind of customer service. It seems to me, that instead of using some mysterious factors for determining which guild got to keep the name, they just said frak it and made all of us that had conflicting names (and like in my cause, usually with ourselves) rename. Could we get some kind of Human Bioware response?
My guild is having the same issue. PLEASE FIX THIS BIOWARE

mikebevo
09.19.2012 , 12:29 PM | #9
We had this happen last night and fixed it in less than 10 mins without BioWare’s help. Old guild master refused to transfer during voluntary transfers. He also did not disband the guild as we requested he do. So during this transfers we got the @ in our title. We just got him to disband and then fixed our name. No fuss, no muss. I know no help for those of you that have members that stuck on the old server and the guild was disbanded and you can’t reach them. However, if you can reach them, it is a really easy fix.

Gorba
09.19.2012 , 12:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
We had this happen last night and fixed it in less than 10 mins without BioWare’s help. Old guild master refused to transfer during voluntary transfers. He also did not disband the guild as we requested he do. So during this transfers we got the @ in our title. We just got him to disband and then fixed our name. No fuss, no muss. I know no help for those of you that have members that stuck on the old server and the guild was disbanded and you can’t reach them. However, if you can reach them, it is a really easy fix.
This doesn't work for everybody. In some cases there are two distinct active guilds. One guild gets the name, the other or others, gets the ....@... designation.