Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No extra Character Slots for Oceanic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No extra Character Slots for Oceanic
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talimar
09.20.2012 , 05:57 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Maybe I'm just being naive, but my experience on one of the North American servers is that there are a lot of people logging in during non-Prime Time hours for their regional server.

If the Oceanic servers are merged across timezones, wouldn't that still be helpful? Everyone who logs on at a particular Prime Time range will still be logging on during those ranges, but they may pick up extra bodies from people logging in during off-hours in the other timezones.

Sounds like a win/win to me?
The problem is also latency. I don't want to go back to 400ms. I like my 41ms. Thanks but no thanks.

Bocek
09.20.2012 , 06:05 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
There are how many threads about APAC server pops now, and still no word from BW?
Well they sat on US/EU population issue for what, like 3-4 months without comment. This caused them to lose about 1/4 of their player base. So I wouldn't expect any real answers on population until next year sometime. By then there will be 5 players on the fleet and they may as well just close the servers.
Arali - Sorcerer Chalka - Powertech
Bocek - Juggernaut
<Mecrosa Order> - Sith Empire - Dalborra

GhostNato
09.20.2012 , 06:31 PM | #73
seriously guys

Bioware have already stated that this was a mistake. Let the people do their job. Relax and breathe, we will get the extra character slots..

I do understand how frustrating it must be sitting on a computer chair waiting to create a new character....

MarkusBiggus
09.20.2012 , 08:35 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
how many members? Force Crusaders has 270+ atm
I was a member of Force Crusaders when our GM and his regular buddies abandoned the rest of the members to go to Balmorra server. You've got no business claiming any sort cudos for Force Crusaders on Gav Daragon - it is essentially defunct for quite some time now.

Jarlgon
09.20.2012 , 08:39 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkusBiggus View Post
I was a member of Force Crusaders when our GM and his regular buddies abandoned the rest of the members to go to Balmorra server. You've got no business claiming any sort cudos for Force Crusaders on Gav Daragon - it is essentially defunct for quite some time now.
Well mate, I am still the GM for Force Crusaders. I log on nearly every day as Maulik. The server is dead and most of our guild was inactive or unsubbed before we left to go on to the Dalborra server. I have asked a few members in the /whisper and quite a few don't want to reroll but would prefer a merger/transfer.

Anarchistic
09.25.2012 , 05:30 PM | #76
I Was wondering, with the six hour down time for the 1.4 Patch tonight whether they will implement extra character slots for us as well, seems like they have plenty of time to do this.

Talimar
09.25.2012 , 05:57 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarchistic View Post
I Was wondering, with the six hour down time for the 1.4 Patch tonight whether they will implement extra character slots for us as well, seems like they have plenty of time to do this.
They said they would do it at the next opportunity. I assume this will be it. They have no excuse not to.

denpic
09.25.2012 , 06:01 PM | #78
I would say a server merger is of more priority
Than extra slots and they need to implement both ASAP
EOL Marster Dar Nala
ULAC Dalbora

Zarakynal
03.26.2013 , 07:31 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
The problem is also latency. I don't want to go back to 400ms. I like my 41ms. Thanks but no thanks.
Why has nobody else mentioned this? the pvp animals wont be able to pvp, they'll be delicious bags of lag and rage to murder on the way past while the rest of us will have to put up with a game that never ran terribly well in the first place suddenly running like the seven layers of lagging christ?

jamesvasquez
03.26.2013 , 07:33 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarakynal View Post
Why has nobody else mentioned this? the pvp animals wont be able to pvp, they'll be delicious bags of lag and rage to murder on the way past while the rest of us will have to put up with a game that never ran terribly well in the first place suddenly running like the seven layers of lagging christ?
didn't know christ did much lagging. i thought all he did was hang around.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!