Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk > Guild Recruitment
Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

burgsrus
01.03.2013 , 08:26 PM | #61
I decided to apply to the Pax community not only because of the guilds here but also because of the wide range of games they cover. They have a very supportive network and their interview process allows you and them to get to know each other and build community, something that lacks in many guilds. Some people might look at the two weeks as a long time but you don't make friends in a day, so you can't expect to get to know someone in a few days.

Really looking forward to spending the time in the Pax community.

EvanWeeks
01.05.2013 , 08:18 AM | #62
As I was able to tell someone ingame yesterday who asked about my <Pax Imperius> tag, this guild is a little different than most, being that it's a multi-game, multi-division group. There's a lot of people here. But, that said, you don't fall through the cracks. There's a lot of people who take the time to come to your recruitment thread and get to know you through a series of questions and responses and friendly banter. So far I've enjoyed everyone I've met.
Cledwyn - Jedi Sentinel (The Ebon Hawk)
Jorundr - Commando (The Ebon Hawk)

Caince
01.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #63
First off this isn't a group of folks who will recruit you into the guild by bowing IG and accepting the guild invite. Nope - there is a pretty lengthy recruitment process. At first its daunting, especially if you are new to MMO's as I am. The recruitment process is at least 2 weeks long and comes with a variety of "get to know you" tasks,both IG and OoG. Now all that might seem like a lot, and honestly if all you are looking for is a group to go raiding with, it probably is a lot maybe too much, but I wasn't looking for a guild to just go raiding with. I was looking for a guild to involve myself in RP and socialize with like-minded folks. Likewise for PAX, they aren't looking for just some belly-buttons to raid with them, they want people who will participate in the greater gaming experiences. You will find that the PAX team is willing to help with just about anything IG and has a really mature calendar system for setting up formal events. Great group to just chat with too. To me its a huge bonus that PAX runs guilds in other worlds too.

Zhamet
01.09.2013 , 05:57 AM | #64
Dont think I have ever applied to any other guild that is so driven to make you feel at home. Apps take time, which is good, so both parties can make an informed decision about recruiting/joining.

Playing from the EU is no issue, sure my playing times arent "prime time", but it works out pretty good in any case. There's usually someone there to at least chat with.

Halfway through my app, and things couldn't be better.

Kardiak
01.18.2013 , 09:40 PM | #65
My time with Pax started during the beta of SWG. I was lucky enough that they were my first 'guild' in an MMO, and I've since played with these fine folks in many other games. It's great to have a group of friends to play many games with, and friends we are. My wife and I have had Paxians over to stay with us, and we're not alone. There's been gatherings and parties in real life, both at homes and conventions. The Star Wars Celebration in Orlando, for instance, had a great Pax turnout.

The point is, we look for great people behind the screen, folks we can build lasting friendships with that will carry through to whatever virtual world we choose to play. The two-week recruitment can seem daunting, but it's so you have time to really get to know us as well. Give it a try, you may find a group of friends who like to game just like you do.
Kardiak: MEMBER
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread | Guild Profile

Guiletac
01.19.2013 , 07:10 PM | #66
Greetings All!

I didnt notice any play times listed anywhere that are predominant in your guild. I am on Pacific time and would like to know that the guild will still be alive when I would be online. My play time is approximately 8:00-12:00 PM PAC time.

Thank you in advance.

Sabinall

DarthBror
01.21.2013 , 11:17 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Guiletac View Post
Greetings All!

I didnt notice any play times listed anywhere that are predominant in your guild. I am on Pacific time and would like to know that the guild will still be alive when I would be online. My play time is approximately 8:00-12:00 PM PAC time.

Thank you in advance.

Sabinall
Sorry for the late response. Long weekend.

Anyway.

Pax is primarily and East Coast Guild. We do have a large West Coast community, but there is usually only about 10-15 on after 2100est. Much later on Friday and Saturday nights of course.
@0800-1200 you will be hard pressed to find more than handful on. Not many Paxians paly during the moring and noon hour.

Starting around 1500est is considered PrimeTime. This goes till about 2100 and much later on weekends. Those of us who PVP play a little later from about 2100 to Midnight(0000)

Pax isnt the best at any one thing. So if you looking for a leet PVP comminty or top lvl Raiding guild this is not us. We have something for everyone. We do Raid, quite well actually. We do PVP (a core group of us).

But.. We are a community first, across many games, titles and genres. Thats the lure of Pax.

I hope this helps, give us shot. At the least you will decide its not for you and move on. At best you will become part of our Gaming family and enrich your experience.
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Dark-Helmet
01.22.2013 , 08:18 PM | #68
I started the application process to join Pax Dominus, the Republic chapter of the Pax Community. I have to say, so far I am enjoying application process. I enjoy answering the questions posed. I'm just narcissistic enough to take joy in discussing my favorite subject: Me. In all seriousness though, the people in Pax seem like a very mature, welcoming bunch and if you're thinking about signing up, I would say give it a shot.
Eat your heart out Smugglers.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite Commander Shepard on the Commader Shepard.

LordNivaro
01.23.2013 , 04:58 PM | #69
Looking forward to seeing our Empire-side recruits for tonight's Winning Wednesday! We'll be working on the HK-51 quests for those who haven't had the opportunity or would like to work on them on another character. For more info or to sign up, go to: http://www.paxgaming.com/index.php?topic=17256.0
PRAYVUS: PRAETOR EMERITUS
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Kelethir
01.28.2013 , 10:16 AM | #70
I am currently about half way through my application to Pax Imperius, and am loving it. I have done many raids and PvP events with the many members of Pax, they are a great group of people. Very helpful lot. Over the last few days I've gotten to know the players behind the avatar. The recruitment process is very strange, but I can see the benefits of going through with it. In all honesty, Pax feels very close and it's members are very much like a large group of friends. I look forward to spending more time playing with the many Pax divisions in the future.