Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk > Guild Recruitment
Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

ChainLighning
12.18.2012 , 05:02 PM | #51
Good evening fellow SWTOR players. I wanted to stop by this forum and share with you my personal experience as a Pax gaming applicant.

Let me start by saying that while the community did directly ask me to share my thoughts and experiences in regards to the Pax application process and the guild in general, in no way am I being forced or coerced to do so. I am here of my own free will to share with you my individual experience with this guild full well knowing my application could very well be denied as much as it could be approved.

To get directly to the point, this is a great group of fantastic individuals who have the unique talent of turning a good game into a fun, rewarding, and memorable gaming experience.

First, the guild is incredibly well organized from a leadership, social, and activity standpoint. From the time I posted my application to the past 12 days of playing in game with the Pax members their skillset of offering something to its members has become glaringly apparent. While one could classify Pax as a large guild I would say they are a guild that participates. What I mean is you could have the largest guild in the game but if no one is ever online (without the proper organization in which to work) what have you really accomplished? This group not only provides a large member base in which to play with but one that is active and knowledgeable.

Second, in case you havenít checked out the website yet Pax is a multi-game guild. Meaning if you enjoy other titles there could be an opportunity for you to venture out and play with Pax as part of those titles. As much as I love SWTOR there will probably be times for me where I wish to try other titles. Pax offers that to its community in a way that is very inviting. My application for example was in regards to SWTOR and GW2 and as part of my process I was able to engage members in regards to both games.

Third, the Pax community in SWTOR is very diverse in gameplay and skill level. This was a big item for me as I do not consider myself a very competitive or skillful player when it comes to SWTOR particularly on the PVP side. Pax however has some very good diversity in terms of opportunity for teaming up with other players. Want to roleplay? That is available. Wish to play a Republic alt? That is available. Wish to play an Empire alt? Yup, that too. PVP not your thing? Itís all good. Thus far through my application process Iíve engaged numerous players who enjoy different things at different levels. As somewhat of a new player I find myself in an environment that encourages me to get better through interaction and gameplay while not losing focus of the enjoyment gaming brings.

If you are considering playing SWTOR or returning to the game after an absence and are looking for a guild Pax is definitely a guild I would encourage you to consider. As one of the applicants said earlier in this thread developers can provide a game with all of the content and tools in the world but ultimately it is the community you game with that can make or break that experience.

Good luck to all of you.

Murkun
12.22.2012 , 01:16 PM | #52
Been on the search for a good guild for quite a while and I must say the folks at Pax have met and exceeded my expectations. Great and easy bunch to game with. My time with the guild has really been enjoyable. I can log in and play the game as I want with no BS or drama. Guildies are knowledgeable and always willing to lend a hand on anything. This has made grouping for PVP or FPs a really easy and fun experience for me.

For anyone searching for a guild, don't hesitate to look into Pax. The application process is thorough, but this provides both applicant and Pax a good sense of who you are as a person, and what they are as a gaming group.

Rends
12.23.2012 , 11:48 AM | #53
I'm a new applicant and I my response thus far will mirror all the above new recruit threads. Everyone is helpful and drama-free. I know the guild is always looking to add serious players to its base and if you are on the fence on deciding which guild to roll with, I would recommend giving Pax a shot.

More the merrier in pvp and HMs!
Republic: Boomshot Commando
Republic: Rends Vanguard

Imperial: Boomshots Mercenary

Pax Domiuns/Pax Imperius
CE

Kelthaern
12.25.2012 , 10:24 PM | #54
Just applied and thought it was a great idea to come over and say something here, as well! I've been playing TOR since beta, and even though the game isn't as amazing as I had hoped, I'm a sucker for star wars and really hoping this pans out . Playing games is always more fun in a guild, and I've been running solo this whole time.
May the Force be with you...

fiftyonebees
12.26.2012 , 10:57 PM | #55
Applied more than a week ago as a new player. Pax took me on for a recruitment trial period even though I was only level 1 and fresh on the server.

The application process is different than most and I am probably not leaving a good impression

They are a good group of people. Always folks online able to answer questions.

My interactions with guild members in game has been limited, but that is because I have been stubbornly soloing my way through the quest/story grind. It also happens to be the tail end (and busiest part) of the holiday season and I am extremely low level currently.

snayrishere
12.31.2012 , 06:33 PM | #56
I am a Pax applicant and I had no idea what to expect when I began the application process. I did know what I was looking for in a guild and I know Pax meets those requirements.

After beginning this process, I found out from a friend of mine that he plays SWTOR. He told me he was in a guild and asked me did I want to join. I mentioned that I had just applied for a guild and he said: "APP!....YOU HAD TO APPLY FOR A GUILD! " Apparently, all he had to do was say he wanted to join, which is great.

From this I learned that Pax's application process is a bit different than most. Personally I feel that any group, organization, or faction that is worth being a part of, will have some type of selection process.

I haven't been asked to do anything crazy. The process has simply been a chance for Pax to get to know me better and a chance for me to get to know Pax. I appreciate that.

snayr

_OttoMatic_
01.01.2013 , 03:10 PM | #57
I have been in Pax Dominus for about a week now and can honestly say its the best guild I have been in so far. I have never been in a guild that is so eager to help other people out. In my time that I have been with them I have mostly just done sub 50 pvp with them and we always have fun regardless if we win or lose. I would recommend this guild to anyone that wants to be in a guild that wants to be with nice people.

I am not level 50 yet so I can't comment on there end game stuff but I will find out soon enough.

Synmaster
01.01.2013 , 03:56 PM | #58
The Pax recruitment process has been wonderful. I have really enjoyed the application process., it is truly a two way process.

The Pax community is always doing something. I was part of this community when the came first came out.

If you are on the fence about joining I recommend applying.

Dash_Carrick
01.01.2013 , 10:16 PM | #59
I'm excited for my recruitment process to come to an end, it's been fun and unlike any other guild I've ever considered joining. Typically, some random guy asks if I will join... I do... and it's disappointing. I feel like that weird kid when I try and say something in guild chat that nobody wants to talk to... Then I quit the guild.

I played up one imperial to 50 and a republic as well without a guild and it's frustrating and a slow grind. A guild makes it more interesting and this guild is one that I went out of my way to join. I made a character on this server... starting fresh just for the chance to join. I'm hopeful they want me in, and happy with the pleasantries everyone has provided.

What I really enjoy is the recruitment process. It's totally unique and a fun twist if you're into Roleplaying, storytelling, and you want a guild that is actually serious and supportive-- head to Pax.

Nincada
01.02.2013 , 06:44 AM | #60
The entire PAX community, both members from Dominus and Imperius have shown me nothing but support and help as a returning player to ToR.