Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk > Guild Recruitment
Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthTithe
03.08.2014 , 09:02 AM | #201
As with previous recruits, I too have been asked to post my experience with the recruitment process with Pax. I applied with Pax Imperius, but as their charter says, you are not simply applying with Imperial or Republic side. You are applying to a community. There are many different guilds with the Pax name that cover different games. This is what attracted me to this guild. Although I have no requested admittance to the Republic side, I feel that there would be no problem once the full recruitment process is over.

Like many others, i have enjoyed the whole process. The questions asked are more of a getting to know you rather than traditional guild recruitment questions. Just a suggestions though, don't choose a long user name! Believe me, you'll regret it later. Also, I have asked many questions of other members and they have been answered in the same candid nature that I have answered theirs.

Please feel free to look me up in game if you have any other questions. I'll be playing as Zee-Ro. I hope consider the Pax gaming community when looking for a guild.

miladydeath
03.12.2014 , 09:54 PM | #202
I am Prettylilliar, and I'm am in the recruitment phase with Pax.

what can I say about a place where people go out of their way to get to know you? Frightening, intimidating, and unusual...now these are not bad things to be sure. For people like myself whom have never dealt with forums it was pretty intimidating at first. The people here truly show a genuine desire to know you and that is when my fear began to fade. I was able to show myself to others without feeling as if i would be judged or talked down to. There is a real sense of unity within Pax that I have never seen in any guild or any game I have ever played before. Pax is one in a million and I mean that.

Betadurin
03.13.2014 , 10:04 AM | #203
Greetings,
I've been asked to post a quick note to the community about my experience thus far in the PAX application process. I had read the previous posts in this thread, before deciding to sign up, so I knew this was coming...

The folks I've met so far are cool. Joining a new community (of any type) can be daunting, but just hanging out in TS the last week has been fun and a great opportunity to get to know some PAX folks. The questions I've been asked run the gamete, from silly to serious, but all have a purpose.

Honestly, the biggest annoyance for me, is that there has been more stuff going on than I have time to do. Ops, World boss runs, even folks leveling alts. I don't know if my app will ultimately be accepted, but I do know that, regardless of the result, I feel the process PAX uses is straight forward and fair. Which is kinda refreshing...

tl;dr - I've found that the process really is "as advertised"

Vairien
03.14.2014 , 06:41 PM | #204
My name is Aarin Sunstrike, and I'm currently applying to Pax Dominus. This is the first time I've applied to a guild that has a trial period like this, and it actually gives me a lot of confidence in the guild's credibility. It's not a situation where they /ginvite every person who posts "LF guild pst" in Fleet General Chat--they're more about getting to know you, hanging out in game, and having a few laughs first.

The forum questions and interaction are very fun; they offer everything from silly questions to creative RP prompts, and it's a great way to share who you are and what they're getting in you. I have run a couple of flashpoints with people, and so far everyone has been fun and helpful. The Republic side of Pax depends pretty heavily on TeamSpeak, and in-game guild chat is pretty quiet (I'm not sure about Imperial side), so you really need to get on to TS to participate.

It seems like a great group of mature, experienced, and fun people who are very thoughtful about their guild. It's refreshing and I'm having a great time so far! Definitely recommended.

Infidel
04.30.2014 , 10:43 AM | #205
Pax Dominus (Republic) and Pax Imperius (Empire) is still accepting recruits as we are very excited about the future of SWTOR especially Guild Capital Ships, Player Housing and the upcoming expansion.
INFIDEL: Guild Master
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread
Rasta Infidel

KujoDivinity
05.07.2014 , 11:30 PM | #206
a good group of ppl to be sure, but like anything else it has its ups and downs

-Karnage-
05.15.2014 , 08:58 AM | #207
PVP in restuss, and C stims on Talus ....
-Karnage-
From Scylla

GaanSuneel
05.24.2014 , 07:41 AM | #208
Like others here, I've been asked to share my thoughts on Pax partway through the recruitment process. I've enjoyed interacting with guild members through my application thread; the questions range from thoughtful to extremely silly, but have led to some fun exchanges and given me a bit of a feel for the people behind the handles.

In-game (all Republic so far), I honestly haven't interacted all that much with too many guild members yet, but I think that's largely because (a) I've been focused on solo stuff (getting to 55, etc.) and (b) I haven't been on TeamSpeak yet, which is apparently where much of the action happens. I will say that one particular guild member has been extremely friendly and helpful - running me through Oricon to help get my new 55 geared up, checking in to see if I need any help or want to start running FPs, etc. Everyone in the guild seems to be very friendly; I just haven't been taking advantage of that yet. I do see several folks from the guild on almost constantly, no matter what weird times or days I log in, which is always nice.

All in all, I'm quite impressed with their organization and friendliness so far; more updates as they happen!

jayshelagh
05.24.2014 , 08:57 PM | #209
I have been in PAX now for alittle over two weeks and I must say that I have enjoyed every minute of it, They have brought my faith back to TOR and I am here to stay. Thank you PAX for showing me luv and kindess...Jezzy

QuickBunnie
05.25.2014 , 01:04 PM | #210
I am also in the recruitment process and have been asked to post on this thread. They do say that it has no effect on our acceptance or rejection in the guild.

So far it's been very interesting. They do PvP almost daily, mostly casual unranked PvP, and in all kinds of different brackets. Several players do ranked as well I think. There is ample opportunity to join in, and they make sure everyone who wants to participate can. It seems like their PvE operations have 2 different styles (I think), closed Ops that are more hardcore and open signups for Ops that are more casual/gearing oriented. I think its a good balance, but I don't have a 55 yet, so I haven't participated in any of the Ops yet. So far as I've been here, I haven't seen much GSF activity, but then its only been a little over a week.

It is a relatively large community overall, but I have been really impressed with how much personal attention they give to you. I was participating in a PvP strategy/information event and the GM Infidel whispered me to see how I was doing and how I felt the event was going. It's intimidating being around all new people, but they do their very best to make you feel comfortable.

One last interesting thing is that they not only have a lot of women in the guild, but also a lot of women in management and some very skilled female players at that. There wasn't a single ounce of sexism I ever saw or heard against anyone, and I already feel proud of the way this guild manages that aspect of game. I'm not a female, so this wasn't a big deal for me, but if you're looking for a female friendly guild, I don't think you can do much better than here.

They also have several other games with a Pax presence, so if you are a multi-game player, this could be a great fit for you.