Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LiveStream Event #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yogol
09.21.2012 , 10:35 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
As we mentioned a while back, in lieu of the written weekly Q&A (which we removed due to player feedback), we've increased our DAILY communication on the forums.
I assume that this is sarcasm, giving ''player feedback'' as a reason to remove a communication channel.

As an example, please take a look at the Dev Tracker, which is full of useful developer answers as delivered by Allison Berryman.
We all take a look at those, daily...
First of all, answering ''we don't have new info but when we have we will give it to you'' is NOT a useful answer.
Second, merging & closing treads just to ignore the underlying problems, is NOT a useful answer.
Third, every week, Bioware manages to upset ALOT of players with their ''features'': only a handfull of players get tranferred to PST, patches that don't get tested decently, forced renames of characters that have their names since pre-launch without even the decency to disclose all the reasons why, no new armor sets, not one single extra mechanism to solve crowded areas after the server merge... None of those issues were resolved. Not. One. Single. Issue.

Do you people even realise you lost 1/5th of your logins in just 3 weeks? Or do you really believe that f2p will solve everything? Is there some sort of crisis-team that looks as to why people leave and then DO something about it?

Have any other questions? Ask them in the forums and if they are well-constructed questions, your chances of being answered by our developers will increase substantially. Keep in mind that there is always a limit as to what can be discussed, so we won't be able to answer every single question.
With ''substantial increase'' you mean instead of 1/10 2/10? It's a substantial increase, alright, but it's still waaaaay lower than in other games.

Communications like this convince me that Bioware doesn't realise that there are REASONS why so many people left the game. They need to get their act together and actually SOLVE the inherent problems that the game has and so far. There is no indication whatsoever that you people are doing that: it seems as if there is NO mid-term planning, just the ''f2p will fix it all'' mantra. But that won't work: if you do not solve the core problems, f2p won't solve anything.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Solar_Breeze
09.22.2012 , 04:00 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
First of all, answering ''we don't have new info but when we have we will give it to you'' is NOT a useful answer.
Second, merging & closing treads just to ignore the underlying problems, is NOT a useful answer.
Third, every week, Bioware manages to upset ALOT of players with their ''features'': only a handfull of players get tranferred to PST, patches that don't get tested decently, forced renames of characters that have their names since pre-launch without even the decency to disclose all the reasons why, no new armor sets, not one single extra mechanism to solve crowded areas after the server merge... None of those issues were resolved. Not. One. Single. Issue.
What do you expect an answer to be? They run the game as a business, they have shareholders so they have a responsibility to make sure information is accurate. If they constantly said oh this will be out then etc.. and never met the target that would be a big problem. Most business is the same. Personally I don't feel they need to comment in the way above. It would be better for me to see a roadmap of what is intended with targeted quarters or no dates at all instead of being told 'its coming soon' on multiple different threads.

With ''substantial increase'' you mean instead of 1/10 2/10? It's a substantial increase, alright, but it's still waaaaay lower than in other games.
I disagree on this one, not many games have devs active in the forum, its just drowned out by all the noise. Compared to the number of posts the activity is normal - high.

Communications like this convince me that Bioware doesn't realise that there are REASONS why so many people left the game. They need to get their act together and actually SOLVE the inherent problems that the game has and so far.
Again, when you have a publicly owned company you cannot say anything that may influence the price of shares without proper authorisation. As a gamer if you expect this you wont be so disappointed.

SilentKitty
09.22.2012 , 06:28 AM | #163
For those of you that missed the Livestream, we will be publishing it on our website as soon as it goes through the approval and translation process. Thanks to those of you that watched!
Thank you I missed it and would very much like to see it.

danpen
09.22.2012 , 09:13 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Thank you I missed it and would very much like to see it.
Same here i would like to this as well as i missed it.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

iimagiicii
09.22.2012 , 09:53 AM | #165
Jedi Covenant
Cr'ysta / Crystä - Scoundrels <Republic Gentlemen>
Cry'sta - Operative <Rusty Resolve>
Gaar'a / Crısta - Mandos <Republic Gentlemen>

Find me on parsely
Twitch Stream

BadOrb
09.22.2012 , 11:48 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post
Thank you , I missed the live stream last night so this is great. Was an interesting watch .

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Arkerus
09.22.2012 , 12:56 PM | #167
I assume that this is sarcasm, giving ''player feedback'' as a reason to remove a communication channel.

We all take a look at those, daily...

Do you people even realise you lost 1/5th of your logins in just 3 weeks? Or do you really believe that f2p will solve everything? Is there some sort of crisis-team that looks as to why people leave and then DO something about it?

Communications like this convince me that Bioware doesn't realise that there are REASONS why so many people left the game. They need to get their act together and actually SOLVE the inherent problems that the game has and so far. There is no indication whatsoever that you people are doing that: it seems as if there is NO mid-term planning, just the ''f2p will fix it all'' mantra. But that won't work: if you do not solve the core problems, f2p won't solve anything.
No is going to give you the answers you want. Get over it or get lost. It's not that they aren't communicating, it's that you don't hear what you want to hear. News flash, you aren't that important.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

danpen
09.22.2012 , 01:13 PM | #168
Thank you for putting this on thank you.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

Boyana
09.22.2012 , 02:40 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
No is going to give you the answers you want. Get over it or get lost. It's not that the aren't comminucating, it's that you don't hear what you want to hear. News flash, you aren't that important.
Nice said ! Really nice.

Boyana
09.22.2012 , 02:48 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonBraun View Post
I agree and applaud the effort. Thank you BioWare and LA. The only thing I'm curious about is why it's in the middle of the afternoon when most folks are still at work (and kids in the west are still in school).

Maybe they are working at that time? I don't know! I think some people do not live in USA...I think but I am not sure about it. Hehehe!