Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LiveStream Event #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
09.21.2012 , 03:48 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
We're supposed to get one before every major patch.
So December or January? Sad

Lord_of_Mu
09.21.2012 , 03:49 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So December or January? Sad
Might get one for the F2P launch. But yeah, pretty much.

OdenLocke
09.21.2012 , 03:51 PM | #143
I watched the livestream, and I have to say. The fact that everything was soon or in the works bugs me. They tease HK-51 and the Cathar yet nothing has a set date. Its like they are using these things to keep us around. I am a loyal Star Wars and Bioware fan. Yet nothing was really answered besides the Cartel stuff. I have played other MMO's that have done live streams. ( City of Heroes) Where things were hinted at and what not. Yet the stream was over an hour long. A half hour isn't long enough to answer anything really.
I like that they are trying to interact with the community, but things need to happen. Questions need to be answered. Those of us on the test server, are wiling to help. Find bugs and glitches, but the questions need to be answered.
Pain is life, and life is pain. May the true Sith prevail.

KurganNazzir
09.21.2012 , 03:56 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by OdenLocke View Post
Its like they are using these things to keep us around.
That's exactly what it is, for all games. People will complain, yet a lot will keep on playing, sticking around to see what's coming, until the unenjoyable outweighs the enjoyable. As long as there are people who do this, games (and all companies, really) will always use the 'dangle carrot' method.

iamthehoyden
09.21.2012 , 03:56 PM | #145
Almost everything they talked about was info that has already been released. Why have them in there answering questions when they're not providing any new info??

Highlights:
Cathar are going to be cash shop critters. Oh yay.
Cathar don't have a "we'd like to get them released by" timeframe. (Don't expect them this year.)
Hood toggles are hard, no idea when we'll actually get to them.
Continuation of story in Makeb. No mention of Chapter 4.
Cash shop items won't affect end game pve or pvp, but you'll be able to buy moddable leveling gear (and it'll look cool).
They'll be selling lock boxes in cash shop that give you the chance of getting really cool looking stuff. (You know, for the gambling addicts.)
They have more non-pvp, non-op stuff planned, but can't say a dang thing about what it is other than a new daily area. Seriously? More dailies? Class dailies would be the only type of daily I'd want more of at this point.

And last but not least, they're only going to do these LiveStream things when they have a new update coming. Seriously, don't bother.

Community Team, the Developer Updates are useful. I'd like to see more of those on more subjects. This cherry-picked rehash is ridiculous.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
09.21.2012 , 04:02 PM | #146
It's like they don't even want to try anymore. "We could discuss some of the meatier and more interesting questions and have a longer and more engaging session... nah, let's go to the pub."

Aquanatah
09.21.2012 , 04:07 PM | #147
Also, I get the feeling we won't be seeing Makeb anytime this year based on how vague they responded.

The decision to go FTP and the staff layoffs must have really hurt the original planned roll out times they had planned for content.
"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice."

iamthehoyden
09.21.2012 , 04:11 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
It's like they don't even want to try anymore. "We could discuss some of the meatier and more interesting questions and have a longer and more engaging session... nah, let's go to the pub."
In their defense, we do have some really awesome drinking spots here in Austin, lol.

Sigh. It was pretty much the Q&A all over again, but in "living color!"
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Solar_Breeze
09.21.2012 , 04:15 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
Might get one for the F2P launch. But yeah, pretty much.
you don't think we might get one every 6 weeks as per the new development schedule?

Also start to worry even more about the health of the human race seeing how many trolls were on the live chat. I don't understand why you would go out of your way to do such things for a game you clearly don't like. Great job Allison although would of been good to hear a C.Woods - "pachow" each time they were banned :P

OdenLocke
09.21.2012 , 04:15 PM | #150
Also another issue that Bioware is having, is the last two founding fathers. So to speak are retiring. So that might be another underlying issue.

I want this game to succeed its just getting harder and harder to root for the underdog. With great games like City of Heroes going down. Who is to say that this game will last...
Pain is life, and life is pain. May the true Sith prevail.