Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LiveStream Event #1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthMintCake
09.21.2012 , 10:34 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by eseyrider View Post
things we all wot like to see i swtor.
1. sith soldier armor Red/Silver one from kortor 1 that armor the soldiers was wearing on taris.
3. the old mandalorien armor, the one that starkiller was wearing. blue/yellow, and red.
Armour changes as time goes on so why go back to the old stuff when new stuff has been made. Keep them as they are!
Only The Dead See The End Of War - Plato

Your Hands Cant Hit What Your Eyes Cant See, Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee, Rumble Young Man Rumble - Mohammed Ali

TUXs
09.21.2012 , 10:40 AM | #102
Makeb...WHEN? Only question!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Blighboy
09.21.2012 , 11:15 AM | #103
Aside from Cathar, are there any plans to make further additions to character creation (be they species, body types, face types, hairstyles, or what have you).
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

SikrouDeco
09.21.2012 , 11:20 AM | #104
3/4 of the alloted time BW Devs will attempt at being hip and cool. The remaining few minutes they will say they are working hard and hope you stay tuned and thank you for coming.

BW, prove me wrong. Don't be like the A-hat devs of the other games. Be genuine, and forthcoming.
"I have a bad feeling about this.." Member since 2008

HybridCode
09.21.2012 , 11:39 AM | #105
A necessary addition to 1.4: Everyone I know who has played a commando knows they are a gimped class. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant abilities. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class.

Foxinator
09.21.2012 , 11:50 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by HybridCode View Post
A necessary addition to 1.4: Everyone I know who has played a commando knows they are a gimped class. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant abilities. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class.
This is so true I have a Bounty Hunter Mercenary and a Trooper Vanguard and I tested the exact thing and got the same results.

Peregrine_Falcon
09.21.2012 , 12:00 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
AKeep in mind that there is always a limit as to what can be discussed, so we won't be able to answer every single question.
No you can't answer every single question and no sane person expects you to do so, but you need to make more of an effort to answer more questions - especially some of the more long-standing questions that keep getting asked over and over again.

Why?

After all, who am I? Why should you give my opinion any weight? Well, here's a timeline that explains why:
  • December 20th, 2011 - Star Wars: The Old Republic launches, 2+ million boxes sold
  • February 2nd, 2012 - EA announces SWTOR has 1.7 million subscribers (at least 300k potential subscribers lost)
  • May 7th, 2012 - EA Financial Reports show subscribers have dropped to 1.3 million (400k subscribers lost)
  • May - July, 2012 - Reportedly, 150+ BioWare employees lose their jobs during multiple rounds of lay offs.
  • July 31st, 2012 - EA confirms SWTOR at "Less than 1 million subscribers" (another 400k+ subscribers lost)

So yeah. Those of you who still have jobs may want to consider listening to the paying customers that you still have left when they tell you that you're not answering enough of our questions.
Paragon City refugee - "We're heroes, it's what we do."

danpen
09.21.2012 , 12:04 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Cave View Post
Still you failed to answer the number one question on socializer's and role-player's minds: When will we finally get speech bubbles?
What is it about speech bubbles i do not think they are a good idea to me.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

DarthBuckets
09.21.2012 , 12:12 PM | #109
I think the way that extra pieces and commendations can be turned into recipes and materials for making Black Hole gear is a really great system, but it can trivialize PVE gear progression when buying pieces replaces running the content to obtain best-in-slot gear. The new Dread Guard gear in 1.4 appears much more difficult to obtain (no comms, only a few drops from HM Asation), but can still be RE'ed for schematics. What is the design intent for PVE gear progression for high-end PVE groups (Nightmare players, when it is released), and your thoughts on the ramifications of having all best in slot pieces (save set bonus Armorings) available bind-on-equip in the game through the crafting system in 1.4 and beyond?

Jakobpoop
09.21.2012 , 12:15 PM | #110
How do we get Hazmat/Dread Guard earpiece in 1.4?

Will subscribers have to pay for Makeb when f2p comes along?

Guild ships?