Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SOL INVICTUS - Republic PVE/Endgame guild

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Progenitor > Guild Recruitment
SOL INVICTUS - Republic PVE/Endgame guild

Shai-Huluud
09.18.2012 , 02:34 PM | #1
Welcome to Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus is a mature Republic guild on the Progenitor server (EU).

Our primary focus is to expose PVE endgame and PVP content for our members, we are not roleplayers as such but are sensitive and respectful to that element of the game, indeed we welcome roleplayers to join us.

We operate an "It's your dime and your time" policy, we don't like drama's and most members are (presently) over 30, we consist of a mixture of people from all over Europe and many from further afield than that. Lots of us have families, wives, husbands and children.

PVE Endgame and "Progression Raiding"

Presently we run Operations 2-3 nights a week, we also run 16 man events on occasion.

Our standard Ops' nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays with Ops' starting at 7pm GMT, we often run additional Ops' on Mondays and sometimes Saturdays.

Our Tuesday Operations are run as "Progress Ops" and have a skill requirement, wheras all other Operations we run are based on Gear.

We utilise an extremely fair "pick system" for signing up to Sol Invictus Operations, this system ensures everyone gets a fair crack and no one is left out.

Anyone who wishes to go on Operations should read our Operations Landing Page.

Eternity Vault - Story Mode (5/5), Hard Mode (5/5), Nightmare (5/5) + Infernal Title

Karagga's Palace - Story Mode (5/5), Hard Mode (5/5), Nightmare (5/5) + Unyielding Title

Explosive Conflict - Story Mode (4/4), Hard Mode (4/4)

Terror from Beyond - Story Mode (5/5), Hard Mode (2/5)

Ventrilo

We make fairly heavy use of Ventrilo and it really is the best way to get to know us, Ventrilo is only compulsory for Operations.

The Empire

Sol Invictus maintains an Empire guild called "The Invincible Sun" which is for all Sol Invictus members who have Empire alts, we don't presently run events for this side of the game but are keen to ensure our community has a home on both sides.

Joining Sol Invictus

Please visit our Recruitment page to make an application, all applications must be approved online before an ingame invite can be sent, all new members are "recruits" for the first week before becoming full members.

Officer Roster -

GM - (Main) - Solomon. (Alts) - Salome, Logan, Hammerstine, Jared-Nomak.
DGM - (Main) - Shai-Huluud. (Alts) - Arthmael, Keyser, Valentyne, Gaiuss, Sentinal, Shakra, Daedelus.
Officer - (Main) - Layana. (Alts) - Enli.
Officer - (Main) - Kayleen. (Alts) - Quali.
Officer - (Main) - Queshin. (Alts) - Narsil, Fewesar.

Applications should be made on our website which is linked in my signature below.

May the force be with you.
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)

Tanavar
09.18.2012 , 08:10 PM | #2
I have a question about your application page and this seems like as good as place as any to ask.

Your page has a little icon with each advanced class and either "High" or "Medium" written next to it. Does this indicate the demand for the class, or the amount of the class that you already have on board. I apologise if this is explained elsewhere.

I play a tank at the moment and have always been very impressed with the skill of your guild members, even if I haven't always left them with the best impression of myself.

Thanks in advance,
Tanavar

Shai-Huluud
09.18.2012 , 11:40 PM | #3
Its an indication of demand for a particular class for Operations.

We presently have a couple of very experienced tanks who are able to handle EC Hard Mode with ease and a couple more who struggle on EC hard mode.

The tanks who find it easy are mostly geared up and looking to play other alts (as is always the case)

The same applies to most classes in reality and I'm tempted to remove those requirement boxes because if we don't need much of a class right now, it will only be a matter of weeks before that starts to open up as its so fluid and progress is so fast.

hope that answers the question...a bit anyway
Neil.

Lanccer
09.19.2012 , 01:23 AM | #4
This guild is just great , great people and lots of fun .
One of the most important reasons for me to continue play ToR is Sol Invictus and its great people .
I am pretty sure if it wasnt because of this guild and its people , I would have stopped playing ToR
Long time ago .

Thanks for everything guys and I will be back to the game at some point again since I realy miss all
Those great times we had together

Shai-Huluud
09.19.2012 , 03:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lanccer View Post
This guild is just great , great people and lots of fun .
One of the most important reasons for me to continue play ToR is Sol Invictus and its great people .
I am pretty sure if it wasnt because of this guild and its people , I would have stopped playing ToR
Long time ago .

Thanks for everything guys and I will be back to the game at some point again since I realy miss all
Those great times we had together
What a lovely post, we miss you too man...
Neil.

Buzator
09.19.2012 , 09:34 AM | #6
Frankly, consolidation or merge we call it - Its great opportunity to invite even more of You folks! I sense great potential in the incoming population increase. Hope we will finaly hit those sixteen men and hit it hard! We need You!

Shai-Huluud
09.19.2012 , 09:49 AM | #7
Well the truth is we have well over 16 raiders, we have enough people but where we fall down on the 16 man events is having them all on the same night...

even on nights when we have 20 people online at the same time its people who are playing alts or doing other stuff rather than ops.

but yes, the answer is, we're still recruiting
Neil.

Shai-Huluud
09.28.2012 , 12:33 AM | #8
Updated to reflect progress in the new Operation - Terror from Beyond 4/5

we didn't even spend that much time on it but we had one or two that were from a timezone where it became quite late for them so had to call it....we'll be finishing this off on monday.
Neil.

beadk
10.02.2012 , 12:18 PM | #9
Found the guild by asking in gerenal about a social guild, and found just the guild that will be my home for the rest of time i play this game, unless something really bad happens. What i found in this guild is a nice and friendly group of people, who when you get to talk on vent, really turns out to also crazy and fun, and are going to make fun with you, from nearly day one. Just about everyone in the guild i have talk to have always been friendly, and people help when you ask for it.
On the op side, we are doing around 3-4 ops each week, and our ops still go fine and smooth, and we get quite a good laugh of, even while still being serious and getting it done.

On another note, if you want ask question, or just talk, feel free to whisper me at anytime, can mainly be found on Thalasee, Hurricane, Zekan or Rexia, all in the guild.

Shai-Huluud
10.07.2012 , 12:27 PM | #10
Just wanted to say welcome to our new members, we've had a bit of a crazy few days with new low level members coming in.

We spend a lot of time doing operations as a guild but absolutely welcome lower level players who want to be part of our community as they work their way up to the endgame.
Neil.