Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Galaxy full of Absurd Names

Graydon
09.18.2012 , 02:30 PM | #1
Bioware has merged servers...once again!

So SWTOR peaked at 1.5 million subscribers. Total subscriptions created (active and nonactive) is even a higher number.

Lets be generous and say each server now has characters from 100,000 subscribers. I'm betting the number is higher. Each subscriber averages 4 characters (again I bet its higher). So now that is 400,000 character names on each server.

400,000 unique names.

Now nothing scientific or evidentual about this....I'm just doing some guess work.

People are going to quit or make some of the most absurdly ridiculous names that are going to pollute our immersion.

Thanks Bioware. Well Done Again!

TheBBP
09.18.2012 , 02:31 PM | #2
Absurd names are not unique to merged servers. Those have been happening since day 1.

Sweetiepies
09.18.2012 , 02:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Absurd names are not unique to merged servers. Those have been happening since day 1.
Seriously. This is nothing new. There was a Eetmiazz before xfers, and there will be an Eetmiazz after the xfers.

ElitehunterDS
09.18.2012 , 02:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
Seriously. This is nothing new. There was a Eetmiazz before xfers, and there will be an Eetmiazz after the xfers.
Whats so absurd about Eetmiazz? Seem like a legit alien name
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

PlagaNerezza
09.18.2012 , 02:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
Whats so absurd about Eetmiazz? Seem like a legit alien name
The alien has a single brown eye.
"At last we will have our revenge" -Darth Maul
▄▄▄▄▄▄▼▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

CommunitySupport
09.18.2012 , 02:54 PM | #6
Hello everyone! Because we already have a thread for discussion of this issue, we're going to close this thread and ask you to join in the conversation there: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533429.