Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character name conflict

DMSL
09.18.2012 , 02:25 PM | #1
So i finally login just now to see the servers are back up and what do i find out.

My level 13 Sith Sorcerer needs to have her name changed? I have eight chars, all of them have been around since the start of SWTOR. I have mostly played on my two level 50 chars. When i was required to move from Niman i had to cheat on my Legacy name to keep it and was forced to change the way some names were spelled.

Now suddenly i have to change her name too, why? I am as you say already on the destination server Freedon Nadd so why am i forced to rename and not the other person? Am i punished because i spend time leveling two chars to 50 and not this char? What kind of customer support is this? I will tell you right now i have had it with this. Either i keep this name or i quit period.

Don't get me wrong i do believe in making a compromise every now and then but this is too much.

Kahlanization
09.18.2012 , 02:29 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
Now suddenly i have to change her name too, why? I am as you say already on the destination server Freedon Nadd so why am i forced to rename and not the other person? Am i punished because i spend time leveling two chars to 50 and not this char? What kind of customer support is this? I will tell you right now i have had it with this. Either i keep this name or i quit period.

Don't get me wrong i do believe in making a compromise every now and then but this is too much.
I know exactly how you feel. I lost the name to my level 21 Jedi Guardian, and I too feel like I am being punished because I haven't gotten her to fifty like 4 other of my characters.

Maybe instead of just taking in the playtime for the -one- character, it could be like who plays the most period on all of the characters.
The Imperium Alliance
Commander/Co-Leader
Friendly / Dedicated / Here for you & Us

jedikittie
09.18.2012 , 02:41 PM | #3
I have a level 50 character on Shadowlands that I am being told to change the name on. Sorry but I created this character on Shadowlands so what I would like to know is what retarded logic was used to determine that I have to change my character name? All I have to say is that if I have to change my character name, I will promptly end my subscription and move onto something better and not have to deal with this kind of crap.

Oh and before support pastes a canned response in about the criteria used to determine a name change. The link you are placing in the forums brings us to a page that tells us nothing about what is used to determine the name change. So please really, if you are going to respond at least try to show us some real answers.