Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 310 ( AGAIN! )

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Samboffy
09.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #1
Hi
Recently returning to SWTOR as a few friends are rejoining so i thought i would install.
As soon as I come to patch the game I get error 310 . This never happened before. Read all the sticky posts and other threads and have done everything asked, still the same error. Have emailed the customer service team twice and no response. so i've had to pay for a subscription just to post on the forums about this , so losing game time really .

Hope you can help me, detailed list of what i have done below and a diag file.

I have forwarded the ports required, I have also allowed the programs requested through my firewall and anti virus , even tried turning off firewall and antivirus.

Still no luck.

I have included a diag of the situation. I am connected wired from pc > router > internet . All wired , no other devices connected.
This didn't happen on my other pc , there is no difference as it is just a fresh windows install I have done.

Thankyou for your help

Spoiler

Sutii
09.18.2012 , 02:33 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Samboffy,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this, I've had a look for the tickets you state you submitted and have unfortunately been unable to locate them. Please note that when submitting a ticket by emailing support@swtor.com you must send the email from the same email account that is registered to your SWTOR account.

As a first step towards resolving this, I would recommend that you ensure the date and time on your system are set correctly, this is a common cause of some issues when a fresh install of the Operating System has been initiated. Should the issue persist after checking that, and although you may have tried some of them already, could you please run through the steps in the following spoiler:

Spoiler
Let us know how you get on.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Samboffy
09.18.2012 , 03:54 PM | #3
On both of those commands it just says Access denied, I have run as administrator for the program also .
Forwarded ports, the command lines for tracer and pathping are the only things im yet to try , but i cannot do them just accessed denied.

Thanks

P.S. I used this same email address to email support@swtor.com

Sutii
09.18.2012 , 04:44 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Samboffy,

Receiving an Access Denied message when running the Trace Route and Path Ping is normally the result of not having Administrator Privileges. I appreciate you may have attempted to do so already, but please ensure you have done the following when opening the command window:
  • Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type ‘cmd’ in the ‘Search programs and files’ field. A black icon will appear called "cmd", please right click this and then click "Run as administrator"
  • Once this has loaded please follow the instructions as per my previous post to run the Trace Route and Path Ping commands.
Please let us know here how you get on.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Samboffy
09.18.2012 , 05:12 PM | #5
Do apologise for that

Tracing route to launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net [159.153.72.198]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

Trace Route
Spoiler

Path Ping

Spoiler

Samboffy
09.19.2012 , 05:14 AM | #6
Bumping this up seeing as the SWTOR team were replying to me last night but seem to have just stopped.

Kind of losing faith in them now, emailed twice from this email address and haven't heard a reply.

Cerimon
09.19.2012 , 05:31 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Samboffy,

Your pathping shows 100% packet loss at your router. Please turn it off for one minute and then back on. When ready, please retry the Launcher.

Let us know how you get on.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Samboffy
09.19.2012 , 05:53 AM | #8
Nope , still didn't help .

Router powered off for over a minute, powered back on , started launcher . Downloads fine for a couple of minutes then error 310.

Cerimon
09.19.2012 , 07:07 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Samboffy,

We have identified a possible cause for this error to be related to a modified Hosts file. Please follow the below instructions to ensure that this is not causing the issue.
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. In the run box that appears, paste the following line and click OK: %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
  3. Choose to open the file in Notepad
  4. Once the file is open, if you find a line containing the address "cdn-patch.swtor.com", remove the entire line. For example: 64.145.87.64 cdn-patch.swtor.com
  5. After making changes, save and close the file.
  6. Restart the PC and try the launcher again.

This link details how to restore the hosts file to the default:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

I hope this helps.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Samboffy
09.19.2012 , 07:29 AM | #10
When i do that, this is what i am getting .

Spoiler