Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forced rename of my guild that didn't move

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Forced rename of my guild that didn't move

Docmal
09.18.2012 , 01:04 PM | #1
My guild Apotheosis was on the Shadowlands yesterday and is on The Shadowlands today. It did not move. However, today it is named "Apotheosis @ The Shadowlands". When I attempt to rename it back to Apotheosis I get a message stating that the name is already taken.

Well done Bioware. Well done. More bush league garbage code. Thanks.

Vasala
09.18.2012 , 01:24 PM | #2
Actually if you look at the transfer page we all did move. The high population servers just share the name with our old server in some cases. I saw that the night before and was wondering how that would impact the characters and guilds on The Shadowlands, Jedi Covenant, etc.

CadaKai
09.18.2012 , 01:34 PM | #3
They really should have used new server names.... so much confusion when there doesn't have to be.

Blackavaar
09.18.2012 , 01:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
They really should have used new server names.... so much confusion when there doesn't have to be.
I agree.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Docmal
09.18.2012 , 01:36 PM | #5
So originally we where on Shadow Hand. We recreated the guild when we transferred to Shadowlands. After this round of moves both guilds exist on the shadowlands. Except they gave name precedence to the old shadowhand guild which has no active members.

Well done bioware... well done.

MaximusRex
09.18.2012 , 01:42 PM | #6
When the original transfers were done they suggested that everyone disband their old guilds.

Rehneu
09.18.2012 , 01:42 PM | #7
My guild name stayed the same as did every single one of my characters and legacy name. Reason, non-common names.

CommunitySupport
09.18.2012 , 01:42 PM | #8
Hello everyone! Because we already have a thread for discussion of this issue, we're going to close this thread and ask you to join in the conversation there: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533429.