Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Renaming a character on a server I was already on?????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Renaming a character on a server I was already on?????

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Garanaga
09.18.2012 , 12:54 PM | #1
Seriously guys I transferred servers a few months ago to my new server The Red Eclipse. Now for some bizarre reason I am being asked to rename my character. Why should I rename my character when I have used this name for a long time now?

stuga
09.18.2012 , 12:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Garanaga View Post
Seriously guys I transferred servers a few months ago to my new server The Red Eclipse. Now for some bizarre reason I am being asked to rename my character. Why should I rename my character when I have used this name for a long time now?
I am going be in same boat as you I got chars on that server now with the merger i now got 24 chars on that server, need to sort out which chars to save now.

Fayrelle
09.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #3
Yea what the hell??? I was on this server already I NEVER transferred I started ALL my toons on this server so I've always been here and it wants me to rename a toon I've had for a LONG time and loved because of the name I chose? Umm I don't think so. I'm not changing it. I was here first. Make the NEW person change their name because I'd rather give up the whole friggin toon than give up MY name which btw I have gotten a LOT of compliments about.

Luniara
09.18.2012 , 01:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fayrelle View Post
Yea ***?? I was on this server already and it wants me to rename a toon I've had for a LONG time and loved because of the name. I'm not changing it. I was here first.
That is weird. you already had the character on the server and yet you're being asked to change it?

Maybe that person is higher than you? I would call customer service because... if you're on the server where another person merged into YOURS then something is wrong.
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Guild Leader - Ebon Hawk Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

Imhotep
09.18.2012 , 01:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Fayrelle View Post
Yea what the hell??? I was on this server already I NEVER transferred I started ALL my toons on this server so I've always been here and it wants me to rename a toon I've had for a LONG time and loved because of the name I chose? Umm I don't think so. I'm not changing it. I was here first.
Yep same here lost 5 of 8 names to Im betting a cancelled account. Been on Harbinger since day 1 early access
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Sėkhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe™

Luniara
09.18.2012 , 01:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
Yep same here lost 5 of 8 names to Im betting a cancelled account. Been on Harbinger since day 1 early access
CALL THEM. =( It's prob an error!
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Guild Leader - Ebon Hawk Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

Fayrelle
09.18.2012 , 01:04 PM | #7
I really don't care if the other person IS higher, my toon is 26, I have a few alts and have been playing mostly on my main but so what I still play on her too? I've had this toon for many months now and I was here FIRST so it shouldn't matter. I am DEFINITELY taking this up with customer service.

Greyshadow
09.18.2012 , 01:04 PM | #8
Two of my characters require a Rename, even though we are on the same server. I REFUSE to rename MY characters, on the server THEY WERE ON, so that someone that got merged can have my names, not happening.

Sutii
09.18.2012 , 01:12 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

While we can appreciate how important character names are to our players, in situations such as this conflicts will inevitably occur. Please rest assured that a number of differing factors were taken into account in order to ensure that the process was handled as fairly as possible, however in such cases some players may find that they are required to change their characters name.

More information can be found in our Server Consolidation FAQs, most notably the Will I keep my name when my server is consolidated? page.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Greyshadow
09.18.2012 , 01:16 PM | #10
I think you are missing the point...

We are on the DESTINATION server, at no point was anyone told that characters on those servers would be forcibly renamed.

So you're saying "fairness" means that my characters that have been on the server I am on since Early Access, get their names changed for Johnny Comelately, who quite possibly only created those characters a week ago?