Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Name changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Daynna
10.08.2012 , 09:01 PM | #831
I had 2 accounts, and, played them both for a while. Then I started to feel that I'd be doing good to get all 8 on my main account to 50, so I shut the other one down. All my toons on the main account were at least level 22 and I kept all my names on that account. On the other account, with the highest level being 14, I lost 5 of the 8 names including the level 14's name. 4 of the names were ones I had used in SWG. As a result, I deleted all of the ones that had to be changed. One of those I had used for over 4 years and no matter what I thought of for a name, just didn't look right to me. Long story short, I've moved on from it. Never ever thought the population in this game would contract as fast as it did in the first year.

After all, they were on an unsubbed account, so here's hoping they're being used by an active player.

Alec_Fortescue
10.09.2012 , 01:11 AM | #832
Thanks to the recent mergers I have regained my name for my main character! After I left Lord Calypho for the Tomb I was forced to rename due to some name squatter who didn't play the game at all. After I left LC I made another character on LC with the same name as my main.

Now, after the recent, forced mergers my level 1 LC character got moved into ToFN and ... His name took priority over the name squatter! I regained my old name and it was within my Legacy. I requested a name change from CS for my main, so I could rename my main character. I was granted a name change, I deleted my level 1 that moved from LC, granting me my name back, and then I renamed my main. I was so glad that day. And sad that I didn't do it with my second fav character's name :/

Imo after 6 months of inactivity and not playing a subscription and holding names on low level characters, name squatters SHOULD be forced to undergo name changes if someone requests a name change from CS. CS can easily see how inactive a player, who's name we want, is/was and it is easily predictable if they'll come back into the game. That's what they did in World of Warcraft. You're not a customer if you're not paying your subcription. Especially for so long. Don't tell me about breaks because if you're going holidays they hardly last 6 months and render you completely unable from logging in into a game. But if you do - tough luck.

At this stage, with so many players around "be creative" is a stupid suggestion. People want names. They don't want to be "Darth Mybluepants" or "aeczasdfg" because there is a shortage of names and a lot of squatters.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

ivanhedgehog
10.11.2012 , 06:31 PM | #833
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Thanks to the recent mergers I have regained my name for my main character! After I left Lord Calypho for the Tomb I was forced to rename due to some name squatter who didn't play the game at all. After I left LC I made another character on LC with the same name as my main.

Now, after the recent, forced mergers my level 1 LC character got moved into ToFN and ... His name took priority over the name squatter! I regained my old name and it was within my Legacy. I requested a name change from CS for my main, so I could rename my main character. I was granted a name change, I deleted my level 1 that moved from LC, granting me my name back, and then I renamed my main. I was so glad that day. And sad that I didn't do it with my second fav character's name :/

Imo after 6 months of inactivity and not playing a subscription and holding names on low level characters, name squatters SHOULD be forced to undergo name changes if someone requests a name change from CS. CS can easily see how inactive a player, who's name we want, is/was and it is easily predictable if they'll come back into the game. That's what they did in World of Warcraft. You're not a customer if you're not paying your subcription. Especially for so long. Don't tell me about breaks because if you're going holidays they hardly last 6 months and render you completely unable from logging in into a game. But if you do - tough luck.

At this stage, with so many players around "be creative" is a stupid suggestion. People want names. They don't want to be "Darth Mybluepants" or "aeczasdfg" because there is a shortage of names and a lot of squatters.

I love the assumption...anyone that has a name you want MUST be a squatter. You can even give them the name squatter because it sounds so down right dirty and sneaky. It doesnt matter that the guy with the name might be military an on an extended "holiday" in afghanistan. Or might be in the opposite faction from you or live in a different time zone than you. You are special...if you want a name they should darn right give it to you because your mommy told you so. Because after all if you cant get the name you demand the only solution is to call yourself "mybluepants" or "qweqre"