Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Name changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wraiven
09.18.2012 , 01:30 PM | #41
Not happy at all here. Would really appreciate a Dev response to this. Seems like there is no real point in getting used to a name in this game. I have already lost previous names from a previous server merger. Never know if you are going to lose yet even more in the distant future.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Viraxis
09.18.2012 , 01:31 PM | #42
None of you are on the "same" server. EVERYONE was moved to new high capacity servers. It just happens to have the same name as your old server.

Rabenschwinge
09.18.2012 , 01:31 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by CadaKai View Post
Legacy names are no longer unique. You are probably 1 of 50 Midnights now.
I can live with that. Maybe I invite them to throw a party.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

JimG
09.18.2012 , 01:33 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
When naming conflicts occur due to the consolidation, players are given priority based on a variety of factors such as character play time and if they have already had to rename their characters as part of the first character transfer program back in June. Please do keep in mind that this does not encompass all of the factors taken into consideration, but those are an example of the major ones.
So why even have a round of voluntary transfers? Talk about a completely pointless process. The old destination servers just went out the window and everyone was treated as if they were coming from an origin server. If you transferred before, didn't transfer before, or if you were already on a destination server before the voluntary transfers, then we all got thrown onto a new "mega" server now anyway.

yoshua
09.18.2012 , 01:34 PM | #45
should have used all new names, then no one would feel as entitled for being a destination server
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Kirazy
09.18.2012 , 01:36 PM | #46
If they really wanted to encourage people to create a character with a story, to fulfill their Star Wars fantasies and such, they'd figure out a way to make players have unique identification, detached from your name, so that names/legacy names don't have to be unique, and have some other way to determine individual players.

spcdog
09.18.2012 , 01:38 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
When naming conflicts occur due to the consolidation, players are given priority based on a variety of factors such as play time and if they have already had to rename their characters as part of the first character transfer program back in June. Please do keep in mind that this does not encompass all of the factors taken into consideration, but those are an example of the major ones.
Well if that's true, then I'm pretty upset. I moved a couple months ago during the first server transfer specifically to avoid the name crunch since it was clear a consolidation like this was coming. Because of that, I lost the name of my main character, that I play all the time. Now it sounds like I should have stayed on the dead server, because my high amount of playtime plus the original creation date for that character would have given me a really good chance of keeping my name.

I realize there's no way to do a merge like this and keep everyone happy, but incomplete information is not going to make it better. It would really be great if we could understand all of the criteria, because from the outside looking in this seems a little unfair and arbitrary to many of us.

On a related note, it would be great if you guys could work out a better naming system, if there's just going to be one server (per type) for everyone.

Kaonis
09.18.2012 , 01:40 PM | #48
The naming policies BW has is total crap. I'm still pissed and bitter over the first wave of merges where I lost all my names to some ***** who don't even play anymore. I was playing the game day 1, pre-release, the second the servers went live with my characters, yet I was forced to rename because I had to switch servers, while the guys who had my names NEVER get on and most likely don't play anymore.

Imhotep
09.18.2012 , 01:41 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by yoshua View Post
should have used all new names, then no one would feel as entitled for being a destination server
I would be less upset with everyone having to rename than I am right now.
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Skhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe

LetoAtreidesII
09.18.2012 , 01:41 PM | #50
I have a problem which might be unique. I own most of the names I want on the new server, but some of my own characters have the names that I want to give to my other characters (since they both had the same name, just on different servers). I could give the name to one member of these pairings if I delete the other one, but I really don't want to do that. Ideally, I could just rename my first toon to give the name to my second toon. Is there anyway you could grant renames on a case by case basis (like via a GM ticket), or perhaps give all characters one free chance at a name change?