Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Name changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chris_rw
09.18.2012 , 12:54 PM | #1
I was on Harbringer, and stayed on Harbringer with the server merges. Since I didn't move, why does it say I have to change my names?

Wraiven
09.18.2012 , 12:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by chris_rw View Post
I was on Harbringer, and stayed on Harbringer with the server merges. Since I didn't move, why does it say I have to change my names?

Same here...

My character's home was on Prophecy of the Five. I log in today and it says I have to change my name. Why do I have to change my name when I was not the one who had moved?

Not sure why I am being asked to change my character's name...
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Kirazy
09.18.2012 , 12:57 PM | #3
Agreed. My Harbinger character is insisting on a name change. Explain what the criteria were, and why these criteria for names were not used the first time we had server transfers?

irishtim
09.18.2012 , 12:57 PM | #4
No idea, same thing happend to me though i'm on TOFN and have been since the beginning yet i still have to change one of my character names

Bet you the person from an origin server that has stolen my name doesn't even sub anymore

Knightsire
09.18.2012 , 12:57 PM | #5
Same here...this blows.

nbayer
09.18.2012 , 12:58 PM | #6
Maybe it's asking you if you want to change your legacy name? They are no longer unique so they said everyone would be given the opportunity to change it when they logged in if they wanted.

Darth_Victus
09.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #7
Same here on Shadowlands.

Being a destination server I am being asked to change my Agents, Knight, and Consular names.

Not liking this at all.

Skodan
09.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #8
what level is your character? when was it created? is it played a lot?

they said they took factors in consideration when forcing renames but they didnt say what those factors were.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Kirazy
09.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Maybe it's asking you if you want to change your legacy name? They are no longer unique so they said everyone would be given the opportunity to change it when they logged in if they wanted.
No, it's very obvious when your character needs a name change. The name is red and there is an exclamation point next to it.

The person who now has MY name, is a level 50. My character whose name was stolen is only 16, and has been around two weeks.

When I first transferred into Harbinger, I lost the name on my level 50 to a level 1. This change in name policy is infuriating.

Darth-Rammstein
09.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #10
what the hell, all the toons I originally had on po5 didn't get to keep their name....only my toons that transferred over got to keep their names....this isn't cool.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five