Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfer & loosing more names?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Server Transfer & loosing more names?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bishop_Creed
09.17.2012 , 09:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SirZigfreid View Post
Okay, so I'm fairly new to this game, but in this server transfer thing that is happening, is there a possibility of losing any of my gear? If that is the case, I will sell the 2 month subscription I just bought....
All of your gear/items should transfer with you. If you had any items on the GTN they should be refunded and emailed to you if I remember correctly. Make sure to get all your items from your mail before you transfer.

Skodan
09.17.2012 , 10:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bishop_Creed View Post
All of your gear/items should transfer with you. If you had any items on the GTN they should be refunded and emailed to you if I remember correctly. Make sure to get all your items from your mail before you transfer.
everything gets transferred. GTN items will remain (as long as the timer doesnt run out)

you wont even notice a difference besides a possible name change, and lots more players
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Twolightsabers
09.17.2012 , 10:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Wolverrine,
Unfortunately, we can't give specifics, but a number of factors are taken into consideration on whether or not a character will need to be renamed or not, in the case of a conflict. More information can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6679
I hope this helps.
The highlighted portion is textbook proof that Bioware simply doesn't understand the mmo community nor how to run a game this large (not that we needed more proof). BW basically just said that a bunch of people are going to get screwed, they're not going to tell you who or how they decided specifics other than random darts at a board.

Does losing your character name equate to a game-breaking experience? No. Should everyone mass quit in protest? Probably not. But then again, that's not the point. The point is that BW has put it's players through ALOT in the 10 months of this game, and while people get screwed in life as well as in games, AT LEAST have the stones to let those people who are losing their names know WHY they were selected vs. someone else with the same names. It's this kind of hush-hush secrecy that makes gamers feel like more is going on behind the scenes. I declare shenanigans....

Davfor
09.17.2012 , 10:58 PM | #14
Like my smuggler says in a flashpoint, "I don't have a good feeling about this..."

Many people I game with that had to do the first transfer and rename many of our toons, will probably have to do the same all over again. And being a mega server, the chance of getting a name you really want (or even halfway like) will not be possible. I already see names that are just terrible because people cannot have a name they want. And, like many others that bought the CE and was in 1st or 2nd day of pre-launch and was excited to get our names and lost them the first time will lose the names we had to spend longer times coming up with. I know that at least Legacy names will not be unique and that is "ok". But having to come up with names now that we like will be just about impossible.

AbsolutGrndZero
09.18.2012 , 02:15 PM | #15
Well, I was actually able to keep all my names despite having checked and found out they were NOT available on Harbinger last night. So, not sure what their system was, but I got lucky. I HOPE everyone else did too, but I know that not everyone did. But, to those that didn't and find this makes the game less fun for you, trust me I completely understand as I very nearly quit last time, but instead chose to reroll completely on a new server. Something I'd NOT consider this time, even if it was an option.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain