Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfer & loosing more names?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Server Transfer & loosing more names?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wolverrine
09.17.2012 , 03:39 PM | #1
Ok so another server transfer looms tonight/tomorrow... So not only did the last server transfer hose me on characters names after I had preordered the game & got early access on day 1 of it to reserve my names, which now b/c of the first transfer was completely pointless & lost a couple of my names to lvl 1 alts who I've seen once since the transfer & never again. I maybe loosing my names AGAIN!!!!!!!

I'm done BW if I lose my character names again, I'm done, I think I & many others who have stuck by the game for this long have put up with enough of this BS. I'm sure there won't be enough people canceling over this for anyone to really care, but if it comes to it, you've lost my monthly subs on 2 accounts.
"I'm the best at what I do and what I do isn't nice."

Wolverrine
09.17.2012 , 03:49 PM | #2
Another thing I'm curious about is if you have characters already on that server the max 8 & max 8 on one of the servers that are moving *** happens then? Or if someone creates lvl 1 characters to save names on that server?

Beesodd
09.17.2012 , 03:54 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Wolverrine,

Unfortunately, we can't give specifics, but a number of factors are taken into consideration on whether or not a character will need to be renamed or not, in the case of a conflict. More information can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6679

As for your second question, you will not lose any characters if you go over the character limit. More information on this can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6675

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Hambunctious
09.17.2012 , 04:12 PM | #4
Why didn't you people take one of the closed servers, upgrade it, and give everyone who have to merge YET AGAIN, a chance to reserve their names.

Some people have been here since early access, and already lost names once in the so-called voluntary transfer.

You are definitely providing lessons to every future mmo on what not to do, and you all are experts at it.

Wolverrine
09.17.2012 , 04:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Wolverrine,

Unfortunately, we can't give specifics, but a number of factors are taken into consideration on whether or not a character will need to be renamed or not, in the case of a conflict. More information can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6679

As for your second question, you will not lose any characters if you go over the character limit. More information on this can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6675

I hope this helps.
Well you certainly didn't do anything for the first transfer because I can't see how you would think a lvl 1 alt who is never played would have priority over a main who is played daily.

As for my second question I did finally find that section...

Augustus
09.17.2012 , 05:16 PM | #6
On your first big server merger, my server was lucky enough to become a target server. Unfortunately not this time, and all of a sudden only now I can hear about that my 10 months old Character will have to be renamed. Yes, I was here from early access without any break from the game. However if your "consideration" about how players will be forced to rename their characters will only consist of that the players on the destination servers will get to keep all their names and everyone else is forced to rename, then finally you'll piss me off above anything else, Bugware.

And I'm constantly very pissed at your continued and proved incompetence towards this whole game genre Bugware... only thing that keeps me here is the world of Star Wars, and my guildmates, for whom I'm responsible leading them.

Guess you can only find out how much your player base will drop even further after this "thing" that you're doing again, after you already done it to save a few dollars from server maintenance...

AbsolutGrndZero
09.17.2012 , 06:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolverrine View Post
Ok so another server transfer looms tonight/tomorrow... So not only did the last server transfer hose me on characters names after I had preordered the game & got early access on day 1 of it to reserve my names, which now b/c of the first transfer was completely pointless & lost a couple of my names to lvl 1 alts who I've seen once since the transfer & never again. I maybe loosing my names AGAIN!!!!!!!

I'm done BW if I lose my character names again, I'm done, I think I & many others who have stuck by the game for this long have put up with enough of this BS. I'm sure there won't be enough people canceling over this for anyone to really care, but if it comes to it, you've lost my monthly subs on 2 accounts.

Same here. I lost all four of the names below and was able to get Jennica and Racquel on Drooga so I moved there, but I've cheked and on Harbinger I will not be able to have Jennica nor Racquel... NOR now Jentara or even Porcelain, my name I chose as a alternative to Ashley.

This is asbolutely unacceptable and I know some will say I'm being a baby, and you know what? I bought the g*d d**n collector's edition and I was there the first day of Prelaunch so I've got the right to be a baby about this. If I lose my names again in this second transfer, I quit this game. Period. You do not treat your customers this way and retain them.

EDIT: Well, I just canceled my subscription. I still have 27 days left to play, so we'll see what happens but having this happen to me a 2nd time is not going to fly. I love Star Wars and I love this game, but you know what? I'm going to be an entitled baby about this, because with my life gaming is my only outlet and the other game I play that I love 1000% more than this game is being SHUT DOWN completely and now yet another server merge that is going to yet again screw me out of more character names, it's just not worth the headache.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Fasica
09.17.2012 , 08:16 PM | #8
What a bunch of Bull, were doing this for the community? What a load of crap. You guys are not thinking of anyone in the community with this forced move, My server already has 200-300 people on the fleet most of the time and it is laggy as hell. what are we gonna do with 400-500 people stand there and do nothing because of the lag. If you cared about the community you would have done this alot differently.

Oh well so much for this game.

Skodan
09.17.2012 , 08:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fasica View Post
What a bunch of Bull, were doing this for the community? What a load of crap. You guys are not thinking of anyone in the community with this forced move, My server already has 200-300 people on the fleet most of the time and it is laggy as hell. what are we gonna do with 400-500 people stand there and do nothing because of the lag. If you cared about the community you would have done this alot differently.

Oh well so much for this game.
this is what the high population tech server is for.
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

SirZigfreid
09.17.2012 , 09:04 PM | #10
Okay, so I'm fairly new to this game, but in this server transfer thing that is happening, is there a possibility of losing any of my gear? If that is the case, I will sell the 2 month subscription I just bought....