Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Character transfer questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character transfer questions

Kapono's Avatar


Kapono
09.17.2012 , 01:22 PM | #1
I'm on an older server with a very small population, and I think I'm allowed to transfer for free to a more populated server. Just a couple quick questions for people who have already transferred:

Can I transfer one character at a time, or do I have to do them all at once?

What will happen if I have mail in my inbox? Will that transfer too, or do I have to claim all the items in my inbox?

What happens if I have characters already on the newer server?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
.

Blackavaar's Avatar


Blackavaar
09.17.2012 , 01:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kapono View Post
I'm on an older server with a very small population, and I think I'm allowed to transfer for free to a more populated server. Just a couple quick questions for people who have already transferred:

Can I transfer one character at a time, or do I have to do them all at once?

What will happen if I have mail in my inbox? Will that transfer too, or do I have to claim all the items in my inbox?

What happens if I have characters already on the newer server?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
Yes, character transfers are done one at a time anyway. There is no way to transfer all characters at once.

Any mail that has not been picked up will be deleted. It will not be carried over to your new server. So, log in and get your mail first.

Other than having that many fewer character slots to transfer to, nothing. If all of your character slots on the Destination server are full you will not be able to transfer any characters.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Kapono's Avatar


Kapono
09.17.2012 , 01:48 PM | #3
So - will they just delete all my mail if I wait until the forced transfers? That would suck quite a lot.
.

BadOrb's Avatar


BadOrb
09.17.2012 , 02:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kapono View Post
So - will they just delete all my mail if I wait until the forced transfers? That would suck quite a lot.
It looks very likely yes , that's what happens atm when you transfer. Another point is you can transfer more than 1 character at once not sure where the poster above you got the one character at a time from but hey , only a small error on his behalf ( I do believe it can be many from 1 server to another and not multiple servers to one ).

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

AlixMV's Avatar


AlixMV
09.17.2012 , 04:50 PM | #5
Not sure if you saw it, but the Free Transfers have been shut down as of this afternoon U.S. time in preparation for the new round of server merges occurring during tonight's maintenance window. Everything changes with that, so if you didn't get your Free Transfer done yet, the question is moot.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Jazhi

Blackavaar's Avatar


Blackavaar
09.17.2012 , 05:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Not sure if you saw it, but the Free Transfers have been shut down as of this afternoon U.S. time in preparation for the new round of server merges occurring during tonight's maintenance window. Everything changes with that, so if you didn't get your Free Transfer done yet, the question is moot.
It looks like this is correct. Free Transfers have been shut down.

And I checked. According to the FAQ:

Will a server consolidation affect my currently active auctions?
Auctions and in-game mail should be unaffected by consolidations. If you have any items listed on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN) at the time the server consolidation takes place, your auctions will transition to your new serverís GTN with the same pricing. Similarly, any in-game mail in your characterís mailbox will still be there following the server consolidation.

So, no worries about Mail or GTN.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Kapono's Avatar


Kapono
09.17.2012 , 05:26 PM | #7
Thanks for your responses guys - very much appreciated. Maybe I'll see you all on my new server!
.