Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Consolidation

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sorwen
09.21.2012 , 07:36 PM | #331
I'm still the most upset about our guild name. To be the first guild registered with that name for the whole game to lose it is total BS. That is seriously horrible customer service.
Forever and always forward.
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

SkyH
09.22.2012 , 12:48 AM | #332
Seems like a lot of the angry posts, and the threats to quit, are written as though the posters believe Bioware just arbitrarily decided one day to merge a bunch of servers for the hell of it.

Bioware is doing this out of dire necessity, if the game is to survive. Yes it's inconvenient to have to change a character name, but they aren't doing this to annoy people, or because they feel like forcing their vision on the player base, they're doing it because they have no choice. They've lost a huge chunk of the people who initially played the game, and (a) they can't afford to maintain 100 servers for 20 servers-worth of population, and (b) they were losing customers because people were not enjoying playing on low pop servers.

In other words, merge servers or go out of business. So you might reflect on which inconvenience is greater - changing your name, or losing the ability to play the game entirely, because it went bust and the servers are all shut down.

LNSSnorkle
09.22.2012 , 05:35 AM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by SkyH View Post
Seems like a lot of the angry posts, and the threats to quit, are written as though the posters believe Bioware just arbitrarily decide one day to merge a bunch of servers for the hell of it.

Bioware is doing this out of dire necessity, if the game is to survive. Yes it's inconvenient to have to change a character name, but they aren't doing this to annoy people, or because they feel like forcing their vision on the player base, they're doing it because they have no choice. They've lost a huge chunk of the people who initially played the game, and (a) they can't afford to maintain 100 servers for 20 servers-worth of population, and (b) they were losing customers because people were not enjoying playing on low pop servers.

In other words, merge servers or go out of business. So you might reflect on which inconvenience is greater - changing your name, or losing the ability to play the game entirely, because it went bust and the servers are all shut down.
We gave warning two months in advance that this might happen and asked them to be careful when they consolidated.
They answered us in the Q&A tranquilizing us.
It happened.

HOW CAN WE FRIGGIN NOT BE MAD?!?!?!? Friends are split apart!!!!! The people who bought and payed the game to be together are forced to not be so. And not of their own fault.

Danbuterx
09.22.2012 , 06:55 AM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by SkyH View Post
They've lost a huge chunk of the people who initially played the game, and (a) they can't afford to maintain 100 servers for 20 servers-worth of population, and (b) they were losing customers because people were not enjoying playing on low pop servers.
This server move is going to cause an even bigger loss of people. I guess when we all get shoved into 10 remaining servers in a few months we should just be happy.

AlannTH
09.22.2012 , 08:40 AM | #335
I did predict this mess in another post, unhappy people, loosing names, the changing servers is a new one. I was lambasted by certian people on the forums and told I was wrong. Bio screwed up this big time, we have not even had FTP yet. Even more reason to worry. This MMO is dying on its knees and they break people up from servers. They really have no idea how to run an MMO.
Snowflakes Snowflakes everywere. They are getting in my hair.

MadBlue
09.22.2012 , 08:50 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
I'm still the most upset about our guild name. To be the first guild registered with that name for the whole game to lose it is total BS. That is seriously horrible customer service.
Did you create another guild with the same name on a different server? Or move from one server to another without disbanding on the original server first? Either of those cases would result in a duplicate of your guild on the server. If that's the case, the person who is the guild leader of the alt guilds might be able to open a ticket to get them disbanded (if they don't have a character in the guild anymore).

danpen
09.22.2012 , 09:11 AM | #337
You could try doing another guild see if that is ok.
I am looking for people who need more help in the forums and i will be there to help you make it better ok.

farmmann
09.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #338
I transfered mutipul characters on 2 servers that i play when the BH tolken offer was out, i got the coms on one server but just the little pet on the other. other. to date, CS hasnt responded to my ticket. heres a suggestion, act like you care about you paying customers and answer tickets in less that 3 or 4 days and perhaps you will have more paying customers! i predict this game will be dead in less than a year. if you would focus on the promises you made last december, fix the hundreds of bugs in day to day play and at least give the appearance you care about your income, server shrinkage wouldnt be necessary because you;d have more accounts that you could handle. get a clue, you launched with 1.2 million, how many now? 3 or 4 hundred thousand? and much like you servers, shrinking!
and before you saty anything to me, I paid for this, I have every right to voice complaints, like anyone cares!

AlannTH
09.22.2012 , 12:03 PM | #339
I agree, there are still so many bugs and problems in game that have not been sorted. Tickets sent they dont respond to. Its staggering the mess they have made over the servers its nothing short of a joke. And they want people to pay monthly for being bumpded from one server to another, loosing ones name, then we have FTP comming in which is death to the pay system. They should have looked at Blizzards model and learned how to treat people who pay a fee for a game. Its a disgrace how they have treated loyal customers with terrible gaffs on this game.
Snowflakes Snowflakes everywere. They are getting in my hair.

SkyH
09.22.2012 , 12:31 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by LNSSnorkle View Post
We gave warning two months in advance that this might happen and asked them to be careful when they consolidated.
They answered us in the Q&A tranquilizing us.
It happened.

HOW CAN WE FRIGGIN NOT BE MAD?!?!?!? Friends are split apart!!!!! The people who bought and payed the game to be together are forced to not be so. And not of their own fault.
Well, how should they have done it differently?

Also, I'm not understanding how it is that friends are being spllit up. If you were all on the same server before consolidation, wouldn't you be on the same merged server afterwards? Or did they randomly split the population of each source server to different destination servers?