Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Consolidation

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael
09.19.2012 , 03:18 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post

We have upgraded destination servers in order to support a significantly higher number of players. As of tomorrow, all characters on origin servers will be automatically moved onto the upgraded high population destination servers. By centralizing our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.
If they rewrote it as:

Quote:
We have upgraded destination servers in order to support a significantly higher number of players. As of tomorrow, all characters on origin servers and old destination servers will be automatically moved onto the new and upgraded high population destination servers. By centralizing our player populations on these higher population destination servers, we feel that we can offer our players the best possible Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ experience.
Just a few simple words to be more clear .... *le sigh*

Graydon
09.19.2012 , 03:30 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by KinCharBamin View Post
I think they want the game to fail fast so they can claim it as a loss.
A couple months ago, I would have ridiculed and thought anyone was absurd for this making this comment...

Danbuterx
09.19.2012 , 04:20 PM | #313
I'm really, really glad I switched to Ebon Hawk a few months back. Bioware desperately needs to make first names be non-unique.

Danbuterx
09.19.2012 , 04:25 PM | #314
double post...

Danbuterx
09.19.2012 , 04:26 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
A couple months ago, I would have ridiculed and thought anyone was absurd for this making this comment...
Sadly, it's looking like SWTOR is really Tabula Rasa 2.

Caer
09.19.2012 , 06:36 PM | #316
Sorry but I think that any guild that shared the same name with another and transferred to the server the original guild is on, should have been forced to change their names. This @ (Server origin) name is ridiculous and idiotic. Force the other guild who came over from a different server to change their name. It's been like that for other games, should be for this one too. it cuts down annoyance and confusion. Last thing I want is some raging jackhat to misrepresent a guild they're not associated with simply because they share the same guild name but are from a different server.

Seeing <Happy Ponies @ the server1> and <Happy ponies @ Server 2> is going to cause a ton of confusion. Server 2 should be forced to name change. No ifs ands or buts.

Senaini
09.19.2012 , 06:55 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Caer View Post
Sorry but I think that any guild that shared the same name with another and transferred to the server the original guild is on, should have been forced to change their names. This @ (Server origin) name is ridiculous and idiotic. Force the other guild who came over from a different server to change their name. It's been like that for other games, should be for this one too. it cuts down annoyance and confusion. Last thing I want is some raging jackhat to misrepresent a guild they're not associated with simply because they share the same guild name but are from a different server.

Seeing <Happy Ponies @ the server1> and <Happy ponies @ Server 2> is going to cause a ton of confusion. Server 2 should be forced to name change. No ifs ands or buts.
I agree, the naming is quite annoying. Kind of a problem if the Guildmaster no longer plays, too, as they are the only one with rights to rename the guild. We had one on a server that died, and recreated it on an alive server - and both were transferred to the same server yesterday. So now we have 2 guilds with the same name @ server 1 *and* server 2 *and* neither has an active Guildmaster Not sure if there is a server 3 or if we're just in conflict with each other.

I've had a ticket in to CS about this but have not yet received a response.

Caer
09.19.2012 , 07:07 PM | #318
Exactly. I am not letting some moron with the same guild name as mine but from another server drag my guilds name through the horse sh*t because Bioware can't get it's act together and pull it's head out of it's collective *** and realize that they're successfully bending every player they've got in this game that's left and giving them the sand paper stick in the *** treatment. I really do not want to have to defuse situations that do not belong to my guild because someone who shares my guilds name from another server are possibly nothing more than trolls or general jerk offs because Bioware wants to sit and play "we're desperate for everyone to like us, therefor you all share names!"

Sami
09.19.2012 , 09:16 PM | #319
Renaming is frustrating (we lost the name of our Imperial-faction guild), but the original move was great for us even with the multiple character re-names. If your GL is inactive, you can put in a CS ticket to have leadership transferred to another player.

My only question is whether the increased server caps come with an increase in character cap for guilds. My entire guild seems to be suffering from a severe case of alt-itis and most of us now have at least 12 characters on the server. It was 500 at launch, but I can't find anything more recent.

Asgeloth
09.19.2012 , 11:31 PM | #320
This is a bunch of BS I now have to rename half of my characters. I can't believe they forced this, I had already voluntarily moved the server and had to rename a couple of my characters. But now their forcing it on us?!? I will be suprised if I keep playing this game I might just switch over to GW2 for a truly free mmo.