Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Consolidation

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cruxa
09.18.2012 , 04:28 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Firnen_Zodd View Post
I second Quinntenfelde's question.
Me too. I finally want the chars which are now stranded on a PvE server to come home to an RP server (where their names are reserved and waiting for them ). So, what about that now? I already waited the last 3 months for that...

Syart
09.18.2012 , 04:39 PM | #252
My first names are all made up and I was lucky to only have to change one of them, so I just added an apostrophe which worked

But now all 3 of my legacies are merged onto one server *sigh* Which legacy name shall I keep? Whatever, it'll be meaningless for the other two sets of characters. Oh, actually it's totally meaningless because other people can have my legacy name too, so there's no point at all to my unique families, as they're not unique any more. Which actually negates two of the sets of first names because they were linked to the legacy surnames, which there's no point in using now ..... I love this game, but I'm really not very happy at the moment ....

On a more practical note, this no-longer-unique legacy name is potentially going to cause severe problems, since there can be a very nice legacy of Smiths and another legacy of Smiths who are total jerks. Bad reputations always outweigh good ones, and the only effective defence the good guy has is to stop using his legacy name. Fantastically unfair. I can't help feeling there'll also be a few puerile griefers who deliberately make their legacy name the same as someone else's in order to trash their reputation.

That, and I don't want to think of the number of Skywalkers and Solos likely to be running around
Control, passion, diligence: these three principles shape your world.

Lord Scourge: To repeat a mistake and expect a beneficial outcome is a sign of insanity.

Lokiya
09.18.2012 , 04:39 PM | #253
I think the @OriginServer thing is stupid! My guild got it on their name and yet there is no other guild with that name on my server! ***!? My whole guild hates it and I want it back the way it was... the extra slots are awesome but they need to rethink that guild name crap. Or atleast fix it because I know we are the only people on our server with our name.

SunfirePhenix
09.18.2012 , 04:40 PM | #254
Whats happening with the APAC servers??? feels like weve been forgotten, we dont even have free transfers and the rest of SWTOR are now on high population servers? man talk about neglect!!! our server is almost completely dead we struggle to get 50's pvp and GF is non existent...when are we going to be able to TRANSFER or even get CONSOLIDATION... an update for APAC would be bloody amazing!
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

Evgen
09.18.2012 , 05:18 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by SunfirePhenix View Post
Whats happening with the APAC servers??? feels like weve been forgotten, we dont even have free transfers and the rest of SWTOR are now on high population servers? man talk about neglect!!! our server is almost completely dead we struggle to get 50's pvp and GF is non existent...when are we going to be able to TRANSFER or even get CONSOLIDATION... an update for APAC would be bloody amazing!

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....HHHH.........HHHH....IIIIII IIIII.............SSSSSSSSSSS...........!!!!!!!!
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....HHHH.........HHHH....IIIIII IIIII...........SSSSSSSSSSSSS.........!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII.....SSSS..................SS SS......!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII.....SSSS..................SS SS......!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII.......SSSSS................. .............!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII............SSSSSSSSS........ ........!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHHHHHHHHH H....IIIIIIIIIII..................SSSSSSSS........ ....!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHHHHHHHHH H....IIIIIIIIIII..............................SSSS S........!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII.......SSSS.................. ..SSSS.....!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII.......SSSS.................. ..SSSS.....!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII..........SSSS..............S SSS................
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII.............SSSSSSSSSSS..... ......!!!!!!!!
................TTTTT..................HHHH....... ..HHHH....IIIIIIIIIII................SSSSSSSS..... ...........!!!!!!!!

fyfch
09.18.2012 , 06:16 PM | #256
So i log on and find out that "AGAIN" I have toons that need renamed. It was bad enough the first time the sever change happened( 3 toons renamed because someone already had them on the new server i transfered to), but now I have established a story line and the name change totaly wrecks all the effort i put into creating a story. I really do not understand why if i was already on the server if someone was transfered that had the same name, why do I have have to sacrifice and change my name. This is just poor planning on Biowares part, if someone is already has a name and someone transfers to that server, the person that transfers in should be the one that has to change not the person who has already established a name. I am due for account renewal, and I am getting tired of having to change things every few months.

"If you do not stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

Rixen
09.18.2012 , 06:48 PM | #257
As a player that has been here from the beta, and someone who took advantage of the server migration at the request of Bioware, I'm less than pleased that some of my characters have been moved yet again forcing a name change. If I wanted a character name change, I would have either named them something different to begin with, or would have discussed the issue with Bioware.

I realize that I own nothing as far as this game goes. However, I feel this is poor treatment of a paying player and I for one do not appreciate it and Bioware has lost some of my respect for this action.

And to those who would reply saying I'm whining, or complaining, I care not for your replies or opinions. This post is aimed squarely at Bioware...nobody else.

Polonious
09.18.2012 , 06:54 PM | #258
The thing I have noticed about the consolidations is that good loot (colored gear) seems to have stopped dropping. Rarely have I been getting greens and only 1 blue drop. Maybe I have been having a long string of bad luck and all the other people scrambling to get their quests done are getting the good stuff. Maybe with more consolidations I will never get even green gear except as quest rewards. Ah things to look forward to.
Good things take time

xXloneXxXwolfXx
09.18.2012 , 07:22 PM | #259
I say NO!!!! make it so more people can play not so that theres a server freakin queue
Some people just dont have what it takes.

CalebStarkiller
09.18.2012 , 07:27 PM | #260
Hey Bioware......... WHAT THE CRAP MAN? I've gone from no wait time to waiting just to log into my server! REALLY??????? I don't want to wait to play my game! I don't have to wait to play WoW if I wanted too.... I am not paying just to sit here and wait forever to log on. I have already sat around for like an hour to play when it said the estimated wait time was 10 minutes! And now I got to run around and see people with the same Legacy name as mine??? I was already disappointed when I found someone took the name I wanted to use in the first place, but now this is just stupid. I don't want to see other players running around with my legacy name I had to come up with all over again. I feel like all the uniqueness and hard work I have put into my character has gone away. This was a very poor play and I am very unhappy.
There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.