Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Consolidation

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GalidoreTheJedi
09.17.2012 , 04:19 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxIrradiata View Post
Yay for 12 character slots!
whoa so you mean we can have 12 characters and not 8 per server?

Fettered
09.17.2012 , 04:19 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Will characters that are already on the destination servers keep their names (character names, not Legacy names) or is there risk of having to rename them as well?
It is unclear, here is what the FAQ says

Quote:
Will I keep my name when my server is consolidated?

We are aware of how important character names are to our players and so we have taken a number of factors into consideration where naming conflicts occur as a result of consolidations. If it has been determined that your character needs to change their name you will see an exclamation point beside their name on the Character Select screen. When you log in with a character that has been identified as needing to be renamed you will be prompted to rename the appropriate character.
In the High population test server names were granted by age of character (or so it appeared), but that wasn't not a consolidation of existing servers, so it is hard to know how it will work out in the end. Given the huge number of servers being consolidated, names are going to become a scarce commodity.

xXloneXxXwolfXx
09.17.2012 , 04:21 PM | #94
Umm I saw noo... i like my legacies.
Some people just dont have what it takes.

GalidoreTheJedi
09.17.2012 , 04:21 PM | #95
So what about pulling characters from a PVP(The fatman) to a PVE (Corellia Run)?

JasonGriffin
09.17.2012 , 04:23 PM | #96
Is there any way we can see the direction of the server transfers? (which server it will go from and to)
May the light forever shin through the dark

Fettered
09.17.2012 , 04:23 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by GalidoreTheJedi View Post
So what about pulling characters from a PVP(The fatman) to a PVE (Corellia Run)?
I don't think that will happen a few devs have said that they are not going to consolidate "unlike" servers.

Fettered
09.17.2012 , 04:24 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonGriffin View Post
Is there any way we can see the direction of the server transfers? (which server it will go from and to)
Check the server matrix here. http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list

MrGrizzly
09.17.2012 , 04:25 PM | #99
I know emotions for some are high, and I want to acknowledge your frustration. Possibly having to pick another name for your characters is a rough thing. I know it's gonna happen to me with my characters on Fatman, while my characters on Jedi Covenant are safe this time around as I took the transfer earlier this year there and dealt with that pain then.

HOWEVER, if you like the game or if you want more content, this is a good thing. Less servers to maintain is hundreds of thousands in savings from maintenance, support, and other fixed costs. That money can now be used to meet the 6 week content commitment. You want the money going to new stuff in the game or maintaining hard assets? It also means faster patch times (fewer servers to patch).

Just a thought....doesn't take away the pain of finding a new name but to ME it makes the pain worth it for ME.
MrGrizzly
http://www.torverse.com
The TORVerse Podcast

Arcadius-Fett
09.17.2012 , 04:28 PM | #100
This is ridiculous. Why the hell would they force this on us, the destination servers are more than fine, I will be losing all of my names thanks to this stupid move. The destination servers from the previous transfer should not be forced to move.

Quote:
We are aware of how important character names are to our players and so we have taken a number of factors into consideration where naming conflicts occur as a result of consolidations. If it has been determined that your character needs to change their name you will see an exclamation point beside their name on the Character Select screen.
I'd like to know what these "factors" are. I've had my names (the ones I didn't lose in the previous transfer at least) since EGA. After all this time though it's no surprise they have already been taken on my new destination server. I don't see why those of us who had the name first should be forced to change them. I hope they took this into consideration when they decided to force us all to move.
Ziara - Vanaden
The Shadowlands