Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering Other People's Crafted Black Hole Mods for schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Other People's Crafted Black Hole Mods for schematics
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dscount
10.31.2012 , 02:57 PM | #81
At the end of the day it's still all about RNG! Doesn't matter how you aquire the item to RE, but the "Risk" of RE is all the same. The fact of the matter is one person got lucky on a roll of the dice (twice actually) and one person had the cash to do the same. BIOWARE - Please keep this feature/bug in place.

Those that are upset are going to be one of two types:
  • Crafter that is making millions off that item and doesn't want to see anyone else RE the item.
  • Elite minded individual that feels if you didn't step foot in that HM you don't deserve the right to RE that LOOT or even wear that level of gear. (Pride in completing the HM's doesn't mean others should be required to play the same way!)

BW implement a "Black Speeder" version for HM TFB to show a completed HM TFB! (Besides the Wiggler pet)

Don't like the HIGH prices? Check the prices of RAW materials and you can gauge if they are in alignment. Unlike some character on our server that had posted a $1,000,000,000 HILT 27. (Yes.. $1 billion - Not sure if it was being "Shown Off" or the ~$130 mil deposit for status symbol)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Vincit
10.31.2012 , 07:43 PM | #82
So what some people are saying is, "I want to make millions off of getting lucky and winning the roll for a schematic, but I don't want anyone else to make millions by PAYING ME millions so they can try to get lucky REing the same thing."

Do the crafters in question really think the people making them rich by spending 30-40 MILLION credits on the 15-20 armorings they buy are wearing them? Of course not. Te folks making them rich are the ones trying to RE the items, Eliminate that market, you make a lot less money.

If this gets "fixed," the next thing we'll hear, from the same people complaining about it, no less, is, "Crafting is dead, the GTN is dying! I can't make a profit anymore!! SWTOR is dooooomed!!!!"

Banegio
10.31.2012 , 09:33 PM | #83
Same can be said for any intellectual (intangible) property protection irl.

rreddy
11.01.2012 , 02:35 PM | #84
The same thing has happened to me recently, I've had the Knight BIS mod schematic stolen off me, and it is dead obvious, because the only people buying them off me are the ones that have now learnt it. This definitely should be addressed, I don't mind if I have competition, but it should be because they went into HM TFB, won the loot roll, then won the RE, like I did. Also, you know why I want to make money? So i can buy armourings/mods/enhances for my toons, that's whats called an economy, what I make i spend elsewhere, and money flows nicely to those that deserve it for their hard work. Also, a big UP YOURs to those who have schematics by the wrong means.

MonkeyCannon
11.01.2012 , 03:01 PM | #85
LMAO this is a game folks. I worked hard for my mods before I knew about this game mechanic. Now I do both. I have no problems with this feature. It is not a bug, exploit, or glitch. If you choose to work hard for all your mods, that's your prerogative, and your problem. The cost of the materials required to make the mods is the same no matter who makes them and how one got that schematic. In addition, getting crits happens to everyone. And so you make double the money when you get crits too. Honestly, why ***** and moan about this?

If you are currently not making atleast a couple million in a week, you're in the wrong market or you are GTNing wrong.

dinwitt
11.01.2012 , 03:02 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by rreddy View Post
The same thing has happened to me recently, I've had the Knight BIS mod schematic stolen off me, and it is dead obvious, because the only people buying them off me are the ones that have now learnt it. This definitely should be addressed, I don't mind if I have competition, but it should be because they went into HM TFB, won the loot roll, then won the RE, like I did. Also, you know why I want to make money? So i can buy armourings/mods/enhances for my toons, that's whats called an economy, what I make i spend elsewhere, and money flows nicely to those that deserve it for their hard work. Also, a big UP YOURs to those who have schematics by the wrong means.
Do you not see the problem here? If the only people buying your mod are crafters trying to learn it, making it unlearnable will eliminate your sales, and you're in a worse position because at least now you have credits from those other crafters. Making credits off of a well known schematic is entirely possible; other crafters buying your monoplized mod is proof of that.

MonkeyCannon
11.01.2012 , 03:04 PM | #87
^ dinwitt

If you "honorable" crafters truly feel you are being monetarily jipped, ask BW to increase the credit rewards related to that mission.

Ovion
12.01.2012 , 04:49 PM | #88
Still hoping this will get fixed...

Divona
12.02.2012 , 05:46 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
At the end of the day it's still all about RNG! Doesn't matter how you aquire the item to RE, but the "Risk" of RE is all the same. The fact of the matter is one person got lucky on a roll of the dice (twice actually) and one person had the cash to do the same. BIOWARE - Please keep this feature/bug in place.

Those that are upset are going to be one of two types:
  • Crafter that is making millions off that item and doesn't want to see anyone else RE the item.
  • Elite minded individual that feels if you didn't step foot in that HM you don't deserve the right to RE that LOOT or even wear that level of gear. (Pride in completing the HM's doesn't mean others should be required to play the same way!)

BW implement a "Black Speeder" version for HM TFB to show a completed HM TFB! (Besides the Wiggler pet)

Don't like the HIGH prices? Check the prices of RAW materials and you can gauge if they are in alignment. Unlike some character on our server that had posted a $1,000,000,000 HILT 27. (Yes.. $1 billion - Not sure if it was being "Shown Off" or the ~$130 mil deposit for status symbol)
+1
Agree with this post even i havent got any endgame high level schematics from RE (call me unluckiest person) but i still want this to stay same. 10% chance to get successful RE is very low. The higher the mod is the more you loose if you fail to RE. Mats to craft 26 & 27 costs are high enough to keep it balance.
Mats to craft ONE mod alone is 1m+ credits.
I remember seeing first cartel market white crystal appeared in GTN after patch asked price was 100m

Alec_Fortescue
12.02.2012 , 10:36 AM | #90
You jelly? Go and raid yourselves, see how "easy" it is to get a rare schematic. This should be removed because of all those cheap-schem-stealers mats are going sky-high and no one is making proper money.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware