Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Reverse Engineering Other People's Crafted Black Hole Mods for schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Other People's Crafted Black Hole Mods for schematics
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
10.19.2012 , 12:47 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by dinwitt View Post
And for those that think us people learning from crafted items have it easy, think again. It took me seven tries to learn the Advanced Artful Mod 27. The only one that could craft was refusing to do so directly, and I had to buy all seven on the GTN. For 2.5 million credits each. Of course I crashed his market 45 minutes after learning the schematic (mostly to protest his ridiculous crafting policies), but it still drove me nearly broke and made him, the one that learned it from a piece of dread guard, filthy rich.
You were stupid to do so for the sake of ruining his game and earning trophieshis rightful trophies for a hard work. You would get filthy rich, too, within a matter of days if you would not undercut him, not flood and place 1-2 items on gtn for the same price as he does. This a fair and clean way to play without making gtn rivalries and price wars. People buy those a lot. And they go down fast because there isn't much of them on gtn.

You'll always end up with more credits than you spent to r/e the schematic. That's how I made well over 300 mil in the last few months and reached the number of 140 million in my credit wallet by now. But I am not throwing the top-grade items around like candies. They are meant to be expensive and they are NOT meant to be main way to gear up but an ALTERNATIVE... If you have a lot of spare credits. Those people are not doing it for the sake of being sickly rich. Those who get their bis schematic first are usually crafters from the top-raiding guilds. That means they spend a lot of time and dedication and they need the money for guild repairs and guild gearing. It's very expensive! Guild mate is not your random players. He deserves your crafts because he is your brother in arms and you progress through the difficult content together.

Because of them thieves and liars I can't craft my Resolve Hilt and trade it for mats+fee. Had an idiot who told me that he wants it for his guild with lot of Sorcs. I said "okay" and later he whispered me for more, because he sent one to the wrong person. I started to question him and, thanks to the broken reply system since 1.1.5 he whispered me, instead of his mate, that I am suspecting him of r/e attempt... How do you not expect the prices to be high when you are behaving like this?

Now... I am off to get that feller who discovered g27 Resolve Hilt to craft me some...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg http://imgur.com/7nHRBnW http://i.imgur.com/5J9oXnP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ek3XDEc.jpg

I would love KotOR 1 Jedi robes, too!

dipstik's Avatar


dipstik
10.19.2012 , 02:32 AM | #22
I am in support of keeping things the way they are. crafters have to spend millions (typically gbank money) to learn the schematic, so it is not unfair to those that learned them to begin with. The gear grind carrot is not what this game is about, but if u want that for yourself, then don't buy or have crafted any gear. making us suffer a million lost rolls because you dont want to allow crafters to be relevant is selfish in many ways.

thierryfying's Avatar


thierryfying
10.19.2012 , 04:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Unintended? Come on, guys, in a ticket which I received last month you stated it is designed and meant to work like this... Bioware you are starting to confuse!
as i said in a couple of my posts about this RE glitch issue.. when people like you were adamantly trying to prove it was intended...

CSR ticket replies ARE NOT equivalent to BW dev replies.

want another example? recall the recent nerf to purple mission yields when 1.4 hit. purple missions were returning only half of their usual haul.

somebody posted a screenshot of a CSR ticket sent about the purple missions. the CSR said : intended nerf.

2 hours later, Allison Berryman posts that it was NOT intended and they will be fixing it.

Conclusion: a CSR's word should be taken with a grain of salt.

dinwitt's Avatar


dinwitt
10.19.2012 , 08:44 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by WanaRideMyPwny View Post
26's are not best in slot.
Read what I wrote. They are giving the best campaign armorings for the slot. So I'll finally be able to get Skill Armoring 26s with the set bonuses.

Quote: Originally Posted by WanaRideMyPwny View Post
Not having to clear top tier content to get the gear from there is garbage and anyone with sense can see that.
So your argument is that this gear should be given as a reward for clearing top tier content...

Quote: Originally Posted by WanaRideMyPwny View Post
The point of games like these isn't to see who can buy the best in slot gear, it's to see who can earn through their ability to play the game and beat the bosses that give them.
...but clearing top tier content isn't about getting the gear. Then why in the world do you care about how others get their gear, if its actually about the experience of raiding?

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
To everyone that steals schematics to flood the servers: screw you. You are the one contributing to unsubbing and demise of your game, because you leave players with no further work.
People don't unsub because they get powerful gear. People do unsub when repeating old content ad nauseum, or going through stupid grinds for marginal benefits. Having full rank 26 gear without entering EC HM doesn't invalidate EC HM, it just makes doing it less of a chore.

Quote: Originally Posted by KorrigTS View Post
It shouldn't be this easy to be full BiS (Easy in this example means 3 weeks after a brand new tier of gear is released).
EC HM was full cleared the week it was released iirc. A person could have been full campaign that week, if he was the tank of a guild that gears their tanks first. But surely thats not a problem. BTW, three weeks is silly hyperbole. Its taken months for the crafting markets to get where they are now. Its been how long since TFB HM was released? And, on Jedi Covenant, someone has finally learned one rank 27 armoring. That's just such an unbelievably fast process, I don't know how the raiding community can tolerate it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I also don't follow how you imply others are denied a chance at a fair fight. Not giving in to the instant gratification crowd isn't excluding players.
20+ million credits isn't any where near instant gratification, especially in an economy where the typical player's wallet amounts to a few hundred thousand credits.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
The issue isn't with allowing players to gear up quickly enough to participate in raids. It's when players can obtain the best gear available for little to no effort, especially when that's made possible by the players that do put in a lot of effort.
You got it first, congratulations. The people coming later always have an easier time. Strategies are provided online, encounters are decreased in difficulty, higher tiers of gear become available, and a host of other factors conspire to make it easier for later groups to join your exclusive club. I'll admit that I am curious though, how quickly you feel people should be able to gear up. Should a new 50 have to climb the gear ranks completely, from Tionese to Dread Guard, going through weeks of unlucky EV and KP drops, without skipping a step? What about when the next tier is released, is it okay to give them a leg up or is that cheapening the experience? I mean, you had to grind to the top, why shouldn't they?

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
You were stupid to do so for the sake of ruining his game and earning trophieshis rightful trophies for a hard work. You would get filthy rich, too, within a matter of days if you would not undercut him, not flood and place 1-2 items on gtn for the same price as he does. This a fair and clean way to play without making gtn rivalries and price wars. People buy those a lot. And they go down fast because there isn't much of them on gtn.
I think you have a terrible misconception about whos buying the rank 27 mods off the GTN. You get an additional 8 stat points when going from rank 26 to 27. Not many people are willing to pay a million credits, let alone the 2.5 million he was charging, to do that. As far as I can tell, the only ones actually buying rank 27 mods are other crafters.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
But I am not throwing the top-grade items around like candies. They are meant to be expensive and they are NOT meant to be main way to gear up but an ALTERNATIVE... If you have a lot of spare credits. Those people are not doing it for the sake of being sickly rich.
I don't believe that at all. If you weren't doing it to be sickly rich you'd be selling at cost instead of price gouging. If you wanted to limit the supply then you wouldn't even bother selling them and keep it in guild. The fact that you are selling, and selling for ridiculous mark ups, tells a better tail then what you're trying to weave here.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
10.19.2012 , 09:08 AM | #25
You seem to be missing the point of end game raiding. Sure there is the competition side of things, but it really diminishes end game raidings purpose when a crafter can just abuse a 'glitch' or cheat like this and flood the market. I know on my server tons of folks did it and it has destroyed the server economy forever. There are people and guilds boasting hundreds of millions of credits now its ridiculous. I honestly think the real reason bioware has decided to let this pass is because so many people did it that they dont want to lose a sizeable amount of their pbase...unfortunately there are people who have already quit over this. I for one think it is disgraceful and downright shameful that bioware not only allowed this to go unchecked for so long before responding, but that they are allowing everyone to get away with it. I think this will be my last month playing this game at least for a while. I am tired of how bioware has constantly mismanaged their game. They obviously were not prepared for this.

KorrigTS's Avatar


KorrigTS
10.19.2012 , 09:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
I am in support of keeping things the way they are. crafters have to spend millions (typically gbank money) to learn the schematic, so it is not unfair to those that learned them to begin with. The gear grind carrot is not what this game is about, but if u want that for yourself, then don't buy or have crafted any gear. making us suffer a million lost rolls because you dont want to allow crafters to be relevant is selfish in many ways.
I'm actually arguing the opposite. I want crafters to be relevant. I think if someone puts in the countless hours raiding and wiping to learn a schematic, then it should be relevant. However, when someone learns the recipe once and then multiple people steal the recipe, then it starts to become less valuable.
< D I A B O L I C > - The Bastion
Guild Website || Dot Tracker || The Bastion Crafter List || Guild Kill Videos || Simulationcraft for Sorc/Sage DPS
Korrig Falinor Zugg

KorrigTS's Avatar


KorrigTS
10.19.2012 , 09:22 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by dinwitt View Post
I'll admit that I am curious though, how quickly you feel people should be able to gear up. Should a new 50 have to climb the gear ranks completely, from Tionese to Dread Guard, going through weeks of unlucky EV and KP drops, without skipping a step? What about when the next tier is released, is it okay to give them a leg up or is that cheapening the experience? I mean, you had to grind to the top, why shouldn't they?
Again, my issue is not with the speed that players can gear up to a point that they can participate in raids. That process should be relatively quick. You can participate in raids with gear much lower quality than BiS. My only issue is the speed at which people can gear up to full BiS, even those that don't step foot into HM TFB.
< D I A B O L I C > - The Bastion
Guild Website || Dot Tracker || The Bastion Crafter List || Guild Kill Videos || Simulationcraft for Sorc/Sage DPS
Korrig Falinor Zugg

moonshoter's Avatar


moonshoter
10.19.2012 , 09:35 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
I am in support of keeping things the way they are. crafters have to spend millions (typically gbank money) to learn the schematic, so it is not unfair to those that learned them to begin with. The gear grind carrot is not what this game is about, but if u want that for yourself, then don't buy or have crafted any gear. making us suffer a million lost rolls because you dont want to allow crafters to be relevant is selfish in many ways.
I agree and DO to , I learned a armor off of kephess yes it was a Kephess Drop to those who feel insulted by this ... I have sold about 20 mill creds of that armor sense I have Learned it ... and others have learned a Schamaitc Off mine ,,,...

AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT DOES NOT BRO ME ....I have spent all most 35 mill learning Schamatic this way , I don"t see the Issue why all the whining .. and YES I RUN HMTFB and HAVE A FEW 27s and could care less If anyone lerans a Schamatic from what I know .....

And the Eleite are allways selfish , can't stand it when others have something they think should only be theres ...

SO im SO gald this is not a exploit . ))).......... and may or maynot be improved upon later on .... .


TY BW for this and I hope you keep it up ,,,,

moonshoter's Avatar


moonshoter
10.19.2012 , 09:41 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
And, last month, when I was typing about schematic stealing and ppl going bis too fast because of morons that were giving away g26 (and now 27) for free I was flamed, called elitist and other crap... There even were arguments that the sods who stole my schematic didn't steal it because they had to buy the overpriced (lololololo, charging 50%-25% of the crafting price is overcharging? You people are just scabby) item first...

To everyone that steals schematics to flood the servers: screw you. You are the one contributing to unsubbing and demise of your game, because you leave players with no further work.
I hate to say it but you are being a elitist , I don't calll others names like you did why are they morons ? ...Ive found that most of those doing this are allerady runin end game content and don't care if any one learns it ... they run HMTFB etccc ...

KorrigTS's Avatar


KorrigTS
10.19.2012 , 09:52 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by moonshoter View Post
And the Eleite are allways selfish , can't stand it when others have something they think should only be theres ...
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have any issue with anyone having it if they acquired it through downing the encounters that dropped the mod in the first place.

It has nothing to do with being "elite". Loopholes (read as unintended features in this context) provide people easier ways of obtaining things that others had to put in a lot of effort for. This is a concept that applies to all aspects of life, not just TOR. Nobody likes to feel like their effort is wasted and be left with asking themselves "Why bother?"
< D I A B O L I C > - The Bastion
Guild Website || Dot Tracker || The Bastion Crafter List || Guild Kill Videos || Simulationcraft for Sorc/Sage DPS
Korrig Falinor Zugg