Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What is your preferred PvP Progression Scheme?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Poll: What is your preferred PvP Progression Scheme?

09.18.2012 , 07:26 PM | #21

As long as players are never locked out of gear based on their rating or some other ranking function. Giving the winner of an Indy car race the best engine for the next race is an absurd idea. it only furthers the gap and gives early winners even more advantage over everyone else. It makes it even easier to rack up wins and get gear better than everyone else, again.
Hooning in the rex :

09.18.2012 , 07:57 PM | #22
For normals? D.

That being said, for rateds, I enjoy customizing my gear to fit my playstyle and optimize, gaining an advantage over people who don't take as much care so... what we have now? I guess that's B.

But if I have to give just one answer, then D.

09.18.2012 , 10:48 PM | #23
Find your look (custom armor, social gear, etc), then fill it out. I like it.
Error 504: Witticism not found

09.18.2012 , 11:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Anything but the RNG bag system, just thinking about that system freaks me out.
it would be rgg not rng LOL

09.19.2012 , 04:03 AM | #25
Can I propose a new solution:

E: Purchase with credits

I would rather grind for rank and just purchase gear once I reach those ranks, rather than grind for comms to purchase gear. This worked well in WAR after they made this change, you could just buy all the gear you wanted as you ranked up (up to RR70) after which it became RNG again.

There are obviously a few problems with purchasing for cash based on rank:

1) If someone didn't pvp at all whilst leveling, they'll have a massive wait for good gear at 50.
2) On level cap rises, high ranked players could just buy best gear immediately.

To solve 1) you need either more sets of armour so that you can offer lower ranked people more stuff, or you remove rank requirements on some of the gear (but not the top gear).

To solve 2) you need to split valor in to multiple tiers. So, you'd have a scale for "overall valor rank" which would be the sum of all valor earnt ever. Then, you'd have valor tiers for each expansion. So, at the moment you'd have "Overall Valor" plus "Initial Release Valor" or something. You tie gear in to the initial release valor ranks, and fluff to the overall valor. So, when a new expansion / level cap comes along, you create a new valor scale for that expansion and all valor earnt after expansion is released only contributes to the overall valor and the new scale.

example using lotro (max rank=15):

Overall Rank: 13
Shadows of Angmar Rank: 5
Mines of Moria Rank: 8
Mirkwood Rank: 10
Rise of Isengaurd Rank: 0
Riders of Rohan Rank: 9

So, what this is basically saying is that overall, I've done a lot of pvp and have a high rank. However, during initial release (SoA) I only achieved rank 5 as I didn't pvp much. During mines of moria, I started pvping a lot and would have achieved rank 8, giving me access to most of teh gear. During Mirkwood, I pvped a lot and achieved rank 10, however, I quit the game during the Isenguard expansion and this earned no ranks at all. Then I returned to the game for Riders of Rohan and started PvPing and achieved rank 9, givign me access again to the best pvp gear.

Imo, this is the best ranking system you can have. It is better than simply adding on new ranks each expansion. It gives veterans an overall rank they can show off and be proud of, but also resets the field each expansion so that new members / pvpers aren't penalised too much.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

09.20.2012 , 07:12 AM | #26
Results have been updated.

Also note that the results now allow for split votes, which accounts for the large swing from the initial vote counts.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

09.20.2012 , 09:54 AM | #27
d) but i can't see the devs chamging the grind system
so c)
Free Transfer??=