Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What is your preferred PvP Progression Scheme?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Poll: What is your preferred PvP Progression Scheme?

SlimsPicken
09.17.2012 , 03:41 PM | #11
C or D. preferably C in a sane progression in which you could actually progress at a steady rate, while not having a 3 week "get curb stomped" if you dont legacy swap mods to alts on fresh 50s.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

LibertySol
09.17.2012 , 04:03 PM | #12
I'd prefer buying the pieces one at a time but without such a massive increase from each set.

That or D.

Z-ToXiN
09.17.2012 , 11:45 PM | #13
D.

Learn 2 Play > Grind out your gear
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

Darth_Philar
09.18.2012 , 02:14 PM | #14
OP has been updated with current polling percentages.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

UGLYMRJ
09.18.2012 , 02:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
OP has been updated with current polling percentages.
Interesting... I thought C would get more love. So people like the current gear progression as is?

Not expected.

Darth_Philar
09.18.2012 , 02:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Interesting... I thought C would get more love. So people like the current gear progression as is?

Not expected.
A lot of the people who liked C voted for B and C. I'm considering doing a vote split on those but so far I'm only counting the first letter they listed (which has been B since it comes before C).
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

funkiestj
09.18.2012 , 02:57 PM | #17
My preferred change is : leave the gear system as it is but make the grind shorter (e.g. award more commendations per WZ). I'm not sure what option of yours this fits into.

EDIT: I also like option C in the OP. Having to buy a second (3rd, 4th) set of boot/greaves/helmet et cetera, just to get mods makes the grind more annoying.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

UGLYMRJ
09.18.2012 , 03:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post

EDIT: I also like option C in the OP. Having to buy a second (3rd, 4th) set of boot/greaves/helmet et cetera, just to get mods makes the grind more annoying.
THIS... is what I don't like... I enjoy a decent grind... what I don't want to do is grind the highest tier of gear multiple times.

I would love to see gear and mods sold separately... create your look and optimize as you go allowing for the min/max on the first top tier grind... not the 3rd or 4th.

Larry_Dallas
09.18.2012 , 03:46 PM | #19
Like C the best. Benefits tinkeres such as myself, who remod each piece of gear individually. So much less crap would go to waste.

Larry_Dallas
09.18.2012 , 03:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
THIS... is what I don't like... I enjoy a decent grind... what I don't want to do is grind the highest tier of gear multiple times.

I would love to see gear and mods sold separately... create your look and optimize as you go allowing for the min/max on the first top tier grind... not the 3rd or 4th.
That's not a half bad idea. Sell modded set pieces for X tokens, individual mods for, idk, something like (x * .4) tokens. Actually, I like that a lot. Better than buying 5 sets of gloves and 4 sets of helmets every gear tier.