Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 on Tuesday??

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

09.17.2012 , 03:40 AM | #1
Says 8 hours downtime. Just curious if its 1.4.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

09.17.2012 , 03:51 AM | #2
This has already been suggested. And it is unlikely that it will be, it's only been on PTS for a week.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

09.17.2012 , 04:09 AM | #3
It's probably patch to fix bugs. Thus, a bug patch.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

09.17.2012 , 04:25 AM | #4
I am sure they will market 1.4 in advance since it is content that could make players to subscribe again.

I guess that this long update has something to do with the bigger servers that they are testing
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable.
These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"

- Nikola Tesla

09.17.2012 , 04:32 AM | #5
Could be a patch to prepare the server for the implemetation of 1.4, thus making 1.4 next week.
Could also be a new world event, preparing the 1.4
Could also be a regular maintenance, wait and see
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

09.17.2012 , 04:42 AM | #6
I wouldn't count on a content update, it's only been 5 weeks since the last event.

Next week tho, BWs gotta deliver.

09.17.2012 , 04:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalebratha View Post
Says 8 hours downtime. Just curious if its 1.4.

we typically get an announcement that we're getting a major update, 4 days in advance

09.17.2012 , 05:31 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
we typically get an announcement that we're getting a major update, 4 days in advance
Exactly. Don't worry, OP: subtle stealth patch releases are not a thing with this game. The release will get hyped.
And hyped. And hyped. And hyped. We will know EXACTLY that the maintenance that's about to come is
the patch day.
This one is not it.
Darth Banish, Female Twi'Lek Sorcerer 58, The Progenitor
Major Gyllian Talahar, Female Human Commando 55, The Progenitor
Captain Galen Talahar, Male Human Gunslinger 40, The Progenitor
SGR Supporter

09.17.2012 , 06:39 AM | #9
Well, there are bug fixes, server upgrades, etc. And don't forget, they can use this time to lay down the code frame work for new content and enhancements. Not the release of a new content patch, but rather the prep for the release of new content on the server side.

It would be nice if there was a nice little surprise in terms of customization, but it is unlikely.

09.17.2012 , 06:41 AM | #10
I honestly hope not the actual patch testing time has been very short, I want content of course but I would like working content for once.
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM