Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Kephess fight

Rehneu
09.16.2012 , 11:20 PM | #1
My guild has been at 3/4 in HM Explosive Conflict for the last 5 weeks. We have been lucky enough to get Kephess down to 15% but made a mistake that cost us. Since then, we have not been able to do so. This is why I say it was luck. I have a question though about the fight itself. After Kephess first jumps down from the walker, during this phase when he jumps into the air, when he lands is there any way to mitigate the bleed that he gives to the tank? I am thinking that if a Sorc is in the group, and places the shield on the tank it should mitigate. Is this possible?

Thanks.

grallmate
09.16.2012 , 11:27 PM | #2
Heal through it until the Bomber is dead and then tank swap.

Rehneu
09.16.2012 , 11:29 PM | #3
That is what we are doing now. Still not clear though as we have not tried to have a shield placed on the tank who receives the bleed. So again, can it be mitigated or can the shield at least help with the hit?

*EDIT: I am looking for some areas that we could possibly improve on. It is the small things that we are missing. Just not sure what exactly. So anything that could possibly help, is what I am looking to implement as a change in the way we are attempting this fight.

OrphanOfDarkness
09.16.2012 , 11:30 PM | #4
You mitigate it by having one tank taunt the boss when the other gets the DoT
╔═⊶Unnecessary Girth⊷═╗
≼Orphan Juggernaut≽
╚╦══╪⋑The Bastion⋐╪══╦╝

Rehneu
09.16.2012 , 11:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OrphanOfDarkness View Post
You mitigate it by having one tank taunt the boss when the other gets the DoT
This is exactly what we are doing but, the first tank that takes the hit when he lands, takes the damage. There is no mitigation at the moment. After the hit, the other tank is currently taunting off.

Justcae
09.17.2012 , 12:15 AM | #6
He'll apply it after he does his first jump. Preemptively pop a damage mitigating CD. You'll survive the burst. When you see him running up to you after that jump *hit awesome cooldown* before he hits you.

Profit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGXOXhBmE4

You can see me do it here at roughly 5 minutes in (though I am a GCD late). Healer bubbles me while he's in the air. He lands, re-establish aggro, hit your damage reduction CD. Healer has me targeted, so you can see he applies it on the first attack after the jump.

Rehneu
09.17.2012 , 12:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Justcae View Post
He'll apply it after he does his first jump. Preemptively pop a damage mitigating CD. You'll survive the burst. When you see him running up to you after that jump *hit awesome cooldown* before he hits you.

Profit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWGXOXhBmE4

You can see me do it here at roughly 5 minutes in (though I am a GCD late). Healer bubbles me while he's in the air. He lands, re-establish aggro, hit your damage reduction CD. Healer has me targeted, so you can see he applies it on the first attack after the jump.
Thank you for that link. I will indeed suggest placing that bubble on the tanks. It does seem to mitigate some of the damage. Also, love the arrangement of the music. Nice choice.

Justcae
09.17.2012 , 12:56 AM | #8
Np, and ty.

Bubble gives you ~4k splash, just get it applied during his in the air phase. It helps for that initial burst. After which you'll be fine.

grallmate
09.17.2012 , 12:59 AM | #9
All the Sorc shield is, is a preemptive heal. It will help by absorbing some of the damage but otherwise it isn't a huge difference. The DoT is internal damage so it can't really be mitigated, the best you can do is tank swap when the DoT is applied to spread the damage across both tanks. However, if you have an Assassin tank they could pop Resilience to reduce the damage for 5 seconds.

Rehneu
09.17.2012 , 01:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
All the Sorc shield is, is a preemptive heal. It will help by absorbing some of the damage but otherwise it isn't a huge difference. The DoT is internal damage so it can't really be mitigated, the best you can do is tank swap when the DoT is applied to spread the damage across both tanks. However, if you have an Assassin tank they could pop Resilience to reduce the damage for 5 seconds.
Do you mean force shroud?