Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oceanic Server Consolidation Soon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Oceanic Server Consolidation Soon

Reble-Dog-Squad
09.17.2012 , 08:24 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Digimanbyte_ID View Post
Well that sucks, guess there will be no change to the population. Obvious solution is to X-server pacific servers to the US ones.
Oh, yeah. When things don't work out then all run to the US....
Australian CE VIP

Welcome to SWTOR, Click on the link below to gain in game rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/42CvHk

kjng
09.17.2012 , 08:45 PM | #22
BW/EA clearly isn't concerned about the issues APAC servers face. Look at how most of the countries in the region still can not buy the game on-line directly, after how many months since the APAC release? Currently, those in non-supported countries go through relatively extraordinary lengths just to get a copy. BW have basically lost subscription from those who were borderline interested in the game, who, could have been persuaded, if the game was easily procured.

Hopefully when SWTOR goes F2P they will remove this restriction.

"To maintain a high quality of service, only certain regions worldwide will be able to pre-order Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."

I guess if their definition of "QoS" is having dead servers...

Liquidacid
09.17.2012 , 08:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by kjng View Post

I guess if their definition of "QoS" is having dead servers...
they can't force people to play and you guys are the ones who begged, screamed, yelled, and threw tantrums for Oceanic servers
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

OGsam
09.17.2012 , 09:05 PM | #24
Something had better be done soon :x
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

OGsam
09.17.2012 , 09:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
they can't force people to play and you guys are the ones who begged, screamed, yelled, and threw tantrums for Oceanic servers
There wasn't a plural, that's what EAWare got wrong. We wanted one server, not 3.
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Liquidacid
09.17.2012 , 09:08 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
There wasn't a plural, that's what EAWare got wrong. We wanted one server, not 3.
that's not what I saw in the numerous threads... not to mention this game is specifically set up with different server types so they were forced to give you PVP,PVE and RP threads because players of all 3 types were asking for them... long story short BW gave you what you asked for and now your complaining and blaming them for other players leaving
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Daveros
09.17.2012 , 09:59 PM | #27
Yeah, well, back when the game had the opportunity for growth and a decent population, three servers in APAC was a fantastic idea. Not so anymore.

Consolidate or transfer, it's basically the only option left. I don't log in anymore because there is no-one to play with - I don't really know why I keep my sub.

Makoto_Shishio
09.17.2012 , 11:36 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquidacid View Post
that's not what I saw in the numerous threads... not to mention this game is specifically set up with different server types so they were forced to give you PVP,PVE and RP threads because players of all 3 types were asking for them... long story short BW gave you what you asked for and now your complaining and blaming them for other players leaving
Well it IS their fault, they dont give a crap about anyone else who wants to play the game outside of the US
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region

Lord_Karsk
09.17.2012 , 11:39 PM | #29
Pretty sure there will soon be a option to move your chars to what ever server as a MT option.

Ailie
09.17.2012 , 11:50 PM | #30
It is also kinda their fault if people are unsubbing because of game problems, constant downtime during peak, poor support, bugs, lack of content, instability of classes etc. BW haven't been able to deliver on a raft of things so no surprise people have left