Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Oceanic Server Consolidation Soon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Oceanic Server Consolidation Soon

Cheezfriend's Avatar


Cheezfriend
09.17.2012 , 06:25 PM | #11
Is asking Bioware to acknowledge our server population issues asking too much???

NotSevv's Avatar


NotSevv
09.17.2012 , 06:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
Is asking Bioware to acknowledge our server population issues asking too much???
No but forcing PVE and PVP and RP to be on one server and then picking to enforce a set of rules is.
Viral (Corellian Run)
It burns when I PvP (Prophecy of the Five) GM

Reble-Dog-Squad's Avatar


Reble-Dog-Squad
09.17.2012 , 06:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DropbearSW View Post
Allow us to transfer off of these oceanic servers ASAP, or I for one will be unsubscribing.
Nice threat, do you really think Bioware cares if you unsub?....lol

I like being on the AP servers and i would unsub if i was forced back to the high ping US servers......
Australian CE VIP
"Social Media Killed Society - Like The Video Killed the Radio Star"
System: i7 2600K, Asus P8z68-V Pro, 16gig RAM, Gigabyte GTX580 SOC
May The Force Be With You

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
09.17.2012 , 07:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
No but forcing PVE and PVP and RP to be on one server and then picking to enforce a set of rules is.
Exactly! It really does shock me that people don't get this, there are different rulesets for a reason.

XyonicS's Avatar


XyonicS
09.17.2012 , 07:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by reble-dog-squad View Post
nice threat, do you really think bioware cares if you unsub?....lol

i like being on the ap servers and i would unsub if i was forced back to the high ping us servers......
^ this!

Cheezfriend's Avatar


Cheezfriend
09.17.2012 , 07:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Exactly! It really does shock me that people don't get this, there are different rulesets for a reason.
The way it is on the APAC pvp server is there is NO world pvp. If we moved to a pve server simply flag for pvp or continue about your business. If you want to RP, surely there could be an RP channel.

I totally understand your point about rule sets. Rules don't mean anything when there is barely anyone online to play by them or breach them.

Superpasta's Avatar


Superpasta
09.17.2012 , 08:05 PM | #17
Oceanic servers transfer hs been ignored. Check this link -- http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list , then click "High population servers and consolidation matrix".

Dalborra >>> Dalborra !!!
Gav Daragon >>> Gav Daragon !!!
Master Dar'Nala >>> Master Dar'Nala !!!

Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
You are no loss to the dalborra server, but I'm glad you like to put yourself in a disadvantage with higher ping.
Do we need a super server for the oceanic's? Probably, but it's only so the pvpers think they'll get more ranked matches. Because in Dalborra there is plenty of people to do ops with.
The population in these Oceanic servers are not only containing poeple from Australia, also other Asia countries like me, and we have zero benefit on ping in these servers, in fact I have worse ping to Dalborra than to The Harbinger. I moved to here 'coz I thought there are more ppl to play with at my prime time, clearly a wrong choice.

Anyway, ping is never what I concern. WoW; GW2; Rift; and dozen of other MMOs I played, they are all sitting around 150ms-250ms ping for years for me from I was starting with UO, then EQ, then Asheron's Call, then Anarchy Online, then DAoC... your name it, I never need a server located next to my house in order to be epic in PvP. Some disadvantage on PvP -- yes. Unplayable -- NO. I can live with ping for PvP/PvE, I cannot live with dying population and long queue. Who care about ping while most of time I can do is waiting on the fleet or farm Black-Hole again the #34,262 times?

You like your 15ms ping, okay, no one ask you to transfer, stay in Dalborra as long as you like, your choice. But give people a choice to leave here, 'coz we want to. You can have your super smooth ping "Light" server to play with, I can enjoy my 150ms "Heavy" server. Win win.

You don't need to leave, but I am not going to stay for your own benefit. You can stay, Bioware, let me go. I am definitely not a loss to the Dalborra server also.

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
09.17.2012 , 08:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Superpasta View Post
The population in these Oceanic servers are not only containing poeple from Australia, also other Asia countries like me, and we have zero benefit on ping in these servers, in fact I have worse ping to Dalborra than to The Harbinger.
Yeah that's because they put the servers in Sydney and not on the West Coast where there is a direct tunnel

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
09.17.2012 , 08:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
The way it is on the APAC pvp server is there is NO world pvp. If we moved to a pve server simply flag for pvp or continue about your business. If you want to RP, surely there could be an RP channel.

I totally understand your point about rule sets. Rules don't mean anything when there is barely anyone online to play by them or breach them.
You know that's such an amazingly simple idea that I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before. It would mostly work...

But just thinking of the mechanics of it, how the range would work, when you zone in and out etc. Otherwise you'd be hearing RPers from across the planet which kind of defeats half the point of RP...

Digimanbyte_ID's Avatar


Digimanbyte_ID
09.17.2012 , 08:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Superpasta View Post
Oceanic servers transfer hs been ignored. Check this link -- http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list , then click "High population servers and consolidation matrix".

Dalborra >>> Dalborra !!!
Gav Daragon >>> Gav Daragon !!!
Master Dar'Nala >>> Master Dar'Nala !!!
Well that sucks, guess there will be no change to the population. Obvious solution is to X-server pacific servers to the US ones.