Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 hours of maintenance during day in Europe and prime time in Asia????

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
8 hours of maintenance during day in Europe and prime time in Asia????

JohnnyGatt
09.16.2012 , 05:16 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
That would make it worse due to client versions.
I'm playing on test and its running 1.4. its not a problem to have logins for US,EU and Asia all with diffident patches.
Jean ,John ,Johnny ,Johnnie ,Jeck , Jev and Nomi Sunrider on "Dalborra"
GamingFace.com Your SWTOR Companion News and Info blog!
Full Companion list with gifts on GamingFace

Cakellene
09.16.2012 , 05:48 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnyGatt View Post
I'm playing on test and its running 1.4. its not a problem to have logins for US,EU and Asia all with diffident patches.
It is when they promised a game without borders. What you want would require people being separating to different servers running different client versions, at least until everyone is caught up to latest version. Then a new patch comes out and cycle repeats itself all over again.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?

mothear
09.16.2012 , 07:30 PM | #33
As most people in the EU work for a living, honestly yes we do, this outage has little effect on us. I do feel for the Asian servers though.

scullzomben
09.16.2012 , 08:02 PM | #34
It is just so simple for Bioware to fix this. Make the APAC servers go down at 2am local time (9am PDT). Guess what? Everyone is happy.

The obvious complaint is that "You say that now, but lets see what happens when your servers are flooded and you cant login". REALLY!? Our server has between 50-70 people on fleet during prime time. Let them flood our servers. Let the tempest come.

Individual servers have been brought down in the past to fix various issues. Surely the 3 APAC servers could remain up while the rest of the servers patched, and the brought down later.

grallmate
09.16.2012 , 08:45 PM | #35
Honestly, looking at the way the game is set up: you can't have APAC maintenance at a different time. The client doesn't determine which server you are logging into until after the game has launched, as such multiple version would be a nightmare. If it was server driven that would work fine.

What I find slightly more concerning is that historically, 8 hour maintenance windows have been major patch releases. Usually the week following one of these major patch releases we have 1 or 2 emergency maintenance times also in APAC prime time. Typically one of them is on Thursday, a prime raiding night for many guilds.

I'm fine with weekly maintenance. I knew what we Aussies were getting into with this game and maintenance times. What really irks me is multiple maintenance periods in one week, all of which are in our prime time.

NinjaApacHe
09.19.2012 , 03:11 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
It is when they promised a game without borders. What you want would require people being separating to different servers running different client versions, at least until everyone is caught up to latest version. Then a new patch comes out and cycle repeats itself all over again.
The big games have separate downtimes and even separate websites for Europe, America and Asia....

randalthorr
09.19.2012 , 05:19 AM | #37
no 12 slots, no communication to oceanic players, no patch, why 8 hour maintenance?
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia