Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR crashes to Desktop with no error

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR crashes to Desktop with no error
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FINNT
09.30.2012 , 02:39 PM | #11
Yep. Not news to me either, but I can play for 30 mins - 1 hour before sudden crashes. Clearly this started after patch 1.4 (I didn't change a thing).

Only connecting factor is the time. Sometimes sound garbles first, sometimes the game freezes whole computer and other times "only" CTD. It can happen anywhere and almost anytime.

I just already know they should be working on it (other threads).
:laser:

moonshoter
09.30.2012 , 03:01 PM | #12
THere is a error CrashDump folder when you crash like that it records but its in a hiden in windos 7 folder under C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\SWTOR\CrashDu mp

IM not sure the exact command to use if you have that folder hiden and most do : hope that helps some ..

Morpurgo
09.30.2012 , 03:47 PM | #13
Same thing. It's not our freaking computers, drivers or anything else. It's the damn 1.4.
Doesnt take a rocket scientist to put 2+2 together. Everything fine before and as soon as 1.4 hits - crash crash crash.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.

Tiranagoth
10.06.2012 , 07:06 PM | #14
Yeah same boat..... Crashes before 1.4 were zero, after I'm lucky to play 90 minutes without a crash. Ran through every one of the Dev's suggested "fixes" with no improvement.

It's a shame, I really enjoy this game but cannot see the sense in paying for something that has become unplayable so count me as un-subbed.

mickfilipe
10.27.2012 , 10:09 AM | #15
I was having the same issue and this seems to have solved it for me: I set swtor to run in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP2 (NOT 3 as mentioned in other threads). I've been playing for 2 hours now and no crashes. Let me know if this helps.

FINNT
10.29.2012 , 01:10 AM | #16
Post #11 earlier.

I play with native XP-SP3 and crashes continue.
:laser:

oosilva
10.29.2012 , 04:19 AM | #17
the same here,...

chrisex
10.29.2012 , 08:31 AM | #18
I,m random crashing aswell, submitted a ticket over a week ago no responce as of today. From other forums it seems that after EA/Bioware introduced their "supposed" graphics improvements (shadows etc) in patch 1.4 an old memory leakage bug returned which hadn't been seen since before 1.2. Basically in its present state the game sucks up all of your pc's RAM once it reaches the limit for whatever Windows version you have it crashes.
If you watch your windows task manager while SWTOR is running you'll see your RAM useage steadily increase until it maxes and crashes.
I never crashed before 1.4 now everytime I try to play it crashes thus ruining the experience, totally disappointed with EA/Bioware and lost faith that this game will even reach its next birthday.

Auklon
10.29.2012 , 11:26 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisex View Post
I,m random crashing aswell, submitted a ticket over a week ago no responce as of today. From other forums it seems that after EA/Bioware introduced their "supposed" graphics improvements (shadows etc) in patch 1.4 an old memory leakage bug returned which hadn't been seen since before 1.2. Basically in its present state the game sucks up all of your pc's RAM once it reaches the limit for whatever Windows version you have it crashes.
If you watch your windows task manager while SWTOR is running you'll see your RAM useage steadily increase until it maxes and crashes.
I never crashed before 1.4 now everytime I try to play it crashes thus ruining the experience, totally disappointed with EA/Bioware and lost faith that this game will even reach its next birthday.
submitted a ticket 19 days ago about this very issue, they decided to close it with no response this morning.
Good, Bad,... I'm the one with the Gun.

Tranduril
10.29.2012 , 12:22 PM | #20
Crashing 3 or 4 time during the evenings. Either when one of the few pop for PvP ahppen and it crashed to desktop while loading the WZ, or when im changing zone, or simply in the middle of the rep fleet.

One of the good indication that the game will crash is the fact that i seem to be hit by lag/stutters effect while moving. While some others have no warning.

And it all started with patch 1.4, kinda odd that all my other games seems to be working with no problem at all with my present computer configuration. So no need to start asking me to check my hardware, all the people that have problem have hardware similar to snowflake, Not one is the same EXCEPT SWTOR! That might be giving you a clue to where to look instead of always giving us the same canned reply about checkmem, repair and the like.
Soyouz 50 (The Harbinger )
Maril 50 Morttiz 50 Nylvanis 50 (The Ebon Hawk )